SOLVED: Best CPU upgd from Phenom x3 8750 on Asus M3A78-EM

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

redant71

Aug 6, 2016
I got a AM3+ board with an FX 8-core CPU already, how ever keeping the older AM2+ PC alive on the side, both good for folding@home anyway. So thanks for the input, ordered a used Phenom II x6 (2,8GHz/ 95W) and will put that instead of the Phenom I x3 BE i now have (Do not think i can get any money for that CPU nor any other parts from that build anyway -it was at the moment a cheapish alternative to the 2 GPU and Phenom X4 i wanted to get initially but could not afford. - Now i just gave that PC some silver lining on the autum of its life cycle... :))

Besides, AMD fanboi really do not listen after hearing initial "i5" or "i7" or "nVidia" / "GForce"... We apriciate that other manufacturers have better products and now ever at recently low prices and at a better wattage too, we will still use our favorite AMD parts -there fore keeping this board alive instead of getting a new too. Performance is a relative thing and right now i look to increase performance on the parts i still have! (same i guess go for the retro-nerds keeping Amigas or Nintendos alive instead of getting latest ps4 at discount)