Solutions to the Palestinian/Israeli conflict

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

BOK

Banned
Oct 8, 2001
So, because the rest of the region sides with the Palestians, Israel is forced to endure the bombings? Am I correct in assuming the rest of the region sides with the Palestians...and why is that?

The rest of the region is predominantly Muslim. It's a bond formed by religion. Muslims (Arabs) hate Jews. So yes, they side with the Palestinians. After all, they are their brothers and sisters.

Here's the kicker though - none of the surrounding Arab states will take the Palestinians back. None of them are willing to take the land back, which used to belong to them not too long ago! They've been offered on more than one occasion (Egypt peace agreement of 1977, Jordanian peace agreement of 1994).

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
the rest of the region sideswith the palestinians because they have always stuck to the idea that no israel exists. that jews are evil, and israel must be wiped off the earth. when the UN partitioned the land, they went and fought israel to destroy them after all. these are people that sided with hitler, and were never really punished for it.

chemwiz

Mar 8, 2000
I'm really starting to like the Canadian island solution. Israel would save a lot of money even if they had to buy the land for them, but I'm not too sure if Canada wants them that close. There's lots of other places though. How about Saudi Arabia? They have lots of room and are "allies", surely they'd help solve this conflict. :)

Gaard

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2002
Sounds like a major conflict is inevitable. When that occurs, both parties will lose. Israel will wipe out the Palestians and then the surrounding countries will, either out of revenge or opportunity, snuff out the Jews. Time to buy a piece of lunar property.

shuan24

Platinum Member
Jul 17, 2003
Originally posted by: 0roo0roo
the rest of the region sideswith the palestinians because they have always stuck to the idea that no israel exists. that jews are evil, and israel must be wiped off the earth. when the UN partitioned the land, they went and fought israel to destroy them after all. these are people that sided with hitler, and were never really punished for it.

I can see why the Muslims hate Americans now, since we tend to favor Israel. We might as well, just go to war and get it over with. I guess Israel is more powerful than any other Arab nation, but not when they're combined, which they will if Israel takes over the Palestinian territory. (I assume)

BOK

Banned
Oct 8, 2001
Originally posted by: Gaard
Sounds like a major conflict is inevitable. When that occurs, both parties will lose. Israel will wipe out the Palestians and then the surrounding countries will, either out of revenge or opportunity, snuff out the Jews. Time to buy a piece of lunar property.

Not necessarily. Israel is nuclear-capable. None of the surrounding Arab states are. Iran is the closest one. Iraq would be if not for the Israeli air strike on their nuclear plant (in 1981, I think), and of course, if not for the recent US campaign. :)

BOK

Banned
Oct 8, 2001
Originally posted by: shuan24

I can see why the Muslims hate Americans now, since we tend to favor Israel. We might as well, just go to war and get it over with. I guess Israel is more powerful than any other Arab nation, but not when they're combined, which they will if Israel takes over the Palestinian territory. (I assume)

Yes, but the US will intervene on Israel's side, sooner or later. Also, if you go back in history, Israel was "gang-banged" 3 times before. Once in 1948, soon after the declaration of the Jewish state; in 1967 (6-days war); and in 1973 ("Yom-Kippur" war).

kaizersose

Golden Member
May 15, 2003
Originally posted by: BOK
So, because the rest of the region sides with the Palestians, Israel is forced to endure the bombings? Am I correct in assuming the rest of the region sides with the Palestians...and why is that?

The rest of the region is predominantly Muslim. It's a bond formed by religion. Muslims (Arabs) hate Jews. So yes, they side with the Palestinians. After all, they are their brothers and sisters.

Here's the kicker though - none of the surrounding Arab states will take the Palestinians back. None of them are willing to take the land back, which used to belong to them not too long ago! They've been offered on more than one occasion (Egypt peace agreement of 1977, Jordanian peace agreement of 1994).

no one wants the 'palestinians' because they would destabilize any country--they are a mostly poor, uneducated group with the highest birth rate in the WORLD at seven children on average. right after the 1948 war, egypt used to shoot any palestinians trying to enter their borders. jordan had them for a while in the 70's and early 80's until yasser arafat started a civil war against the monarchy and was expelled to lebanon, where he prompted another civil war. all the arab countries in the region played 'hot potato' with the palestinians, then finally reallized they could make them israel's problem.

for being in such utterly horrid conditions, it is amazing to think that none of their 'brothers' are willing to help them. most direct aid to the palestinians comes from europe and america. the PA also gets a lot of funds from iran and saudi arabia, but nothing from egypt, syria (lebanon) or jordan. hell, jordan wouldnt even let palestinians cross through their borders to make their pilgrimage to mecca this past year (no joke, look it up). they made them sit on one side of a bridge for 2 weeks before ferrying them through under armed guard. imagine the headlines if americans did that.

the bottom line is that arab dictators use the palestinians to deflect attention from their own corrupt, brutal regimes. everyday arabs are too busy hating israel to try and make any changes to their own country.

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
Originally posted by: shuan24

well consider the Khartoum Conference (September, 1967) ? no peace, no recognition, no negotiations with Israel. this is what the arab leaders agreed to:)

i don't see why the US wouldn't side with israel:p

as for hatred, it was also easy to see why nazi's hated the jews. they were fed indoctrination of hatred and propaganda. much like the middle east is now. hatred justifies nothing

povertystruck

Aug 19, 2003
Lately I have read the posts concerning the Palestinian/Israeli conflict. I have not noticed any solutions(except my own in the posts). Please put down your own solutions, no matter how ridiculous they may seem. A solution found is problem lost.

My silly solution: Both sides must be separated geographically, they cant be neighbours. Both sides should have a sporting event, I suggest soccer. Whoever wins the game picks the side of the coin for the coin toss. Whoever wins the coin toss decides which side leaves the region. The side that left would have a piece of land waiting for them in Canada. Im not sure how this would be fiananced, but a whole effort of the world could pull it off.

Liitle more realistic solution: The jews would never leave, so the palestinians should(life's not fair, oh well) leave. Same location too(Canada).

I am just reposting this to get a little more interest in my thread (it should now be close to the top of this forum, and hopefully someone will actually give an idea, haven't recieved one yet)

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
Originally posted by: povertystruck
If Israel doesn't do something 'good', isnt likely they will be nuked(far into the future, perhaps)?

and what does that say about its neighbors. guess who we should be focusing our scorn upon.

LeadMagnet

Platinum Member
Mar 26, 2003
Originally posted by: BOK
Originally posted by: Gaard
It's been said that Israel could put an end to this conflict with hardly any effort at all. What's holding them back? World opinion?

You are correct, sir.

If Israel attacked all Palestinian controlled territories and wiped them out (which they could do very very easily), it would create massive instability in the area and will probably start a huge war in the region. The USA (like always) would have to intervene as well. It would be World War III.

There is alredy war and massive instability. Might as well have an all-out-regional conflict, and keep the USA out of it - including tell Israel what it can / cannot do. Then the UN will step in 2 years after it started and the entire middle-east is a big smoking hole. And there still will be no change from today except a minor population shift.