Solutions for Removing Odors from your Apartment

FrontlineWarrior

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2000
I live in a one bedroom apartment which unfortunately only has two windows. Needless to say, air circulation is bad and odors often linger. I have tried the "Air Wick Wizard" brand air freshener, which claims to "neutralize" odors instead of merely covering them up, but I think it only makes it worse.

What is a good way to keep my apartment smelling nice? Perhaps a few of those car fresheners? Or those plug-in type fresheners? I guess another thing I can try to do is to buy a fan to help with the circulation a little, although it seems kind of silly to buy a fan when it will be very cold soon. How about those air filteration gizmos... are any worth the price and maintence fees, and if so how much are we talking about here? I think a long time ago my former roommate and I tried to vacuum the carpet with baking soda or something similar... would that help?

bolomite

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 2000
Glade plug-ins or scented oils, Febreze spray for upholstery

btw, what kind of odors? :)

KEV1N

Platinum Member
Jan 15, 2000
Get the carpet sprinklies for your carpet for every time you vacuum. What does it smell like exactly? Leave the windows open whenever you can. Box fan in the window?

FrontlineWarrior

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2000
Mostly food odors. Sometimes I don't take out the trash enough or don't do the dishes for a few days and things putrify. So those glade plug-ins are pretty strong?

bolomite

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 2000
plug-ins are pretty strong at first, especially at close range. my favorite scent is tropical mist