solid white "bar" at the bottom of screen

Axel Scotte

Nov 18, 2016
Has anyone seen this?

Capture2.png

I get a solid white "bar" at the bottom of my screen when using a browser, and it persists when scrolling. It blocks whatever content is there unless I keep scrolling but when I get to the bottom of the webpage and I can't keep scrolling, I can't see the content. It happens with Firefox, MS Edge, Internet Explorer and only when they're maximized. It doesn't happen when the window doesn't take up the entire screen. It doesn't happen with other programs, only browsers. I have two identical monitors and it happens only on the monitor to the right, which is connected via display port (the other is on HDMI). It happens intermittently but it has been happening more lately. I'm guessing it's a video card or video drivers problem but it's weird it doesn't happen with other programs. Here are my specs:

AMD Ryzen 7
asus prime x470-pro manual
16gb RAM
GeForce GTX 1050 2gb
Windows 10 Pro

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
I was going to check if you have an NVidia card, yep.

Try setting the option to "Hide Taskbar", and see if that fixes it. (You will not be able to access that option, unless you have an activated copy of Windows 10.)

Axel Scotte

Nov 18, 2016
Nope came back. By the way, there is no taskbar there. I have my taskbar on the primary monitor and only that one.

Axel Scotte

Nov 18, 2016
Here's a new screenshot.

Capture.PNG

With Firefox it's the white bar as in my original post. This is with MS Edge where I can see through and even click on the windows that's below the Edge window. The Edge window is maximized but for some reason this is happening. Super weird it only happens to my browsers.

Ketchup

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2002
Did you install the Windows 10 May OS update recently? There was an Nvidia driver problem with that one, so if it's been a while since you last updated your video drivers, get the latest from the Nvidia site and see if your situation improves.

Axel Scotte

Nov 18, 2016
Did you install the Windows 10 May OS update recently? There was an Nvidia driver problem with that one, so if it's been a while since you last updated your video drivers, get the latest from the Nvidia site and see if your situation improves.

It was happening even before the update but I think that worked. So far so good!

Reactions: Ketchup