Solid dose of cornholing on the way (Justice Kennedy rumored to be retiring)

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

jackstar7

Lifer
Jun 26, 2009
It's been here, but I disagree about it being "Republican" only judges. Roberts voted for ACA. He didn't like it, but he thought it was legal. Has a "Democrat" judge ever gone against their views on something so important? Serious question, I don't exactly follow soctus much.
If only there was a repository of all human knowledge that you could access.

Thunder 57

Platinum Member
Aug 19, 2007
If only there was a repository of all human knowledge that you could access.

Smartass, I don't care to waste my time. If there was a case where a liberal justice supported 2A for example, I'd probably know about it. I thought maybe I was just missing something.

jackstar7

Lifer
Jun 26, 2009
Smartass, I don't care to waste my time. If there was a case where a liberal justice supported 2A for example, I'd probably know about it. I thought maybe I was just missing something.
Yeah, you clearly value your time.

Thunder 57

Platinum Member
Aug 19, 2007
Yeah, you clearly value your time.

I don't see where you're coming from at all. I'll just take that as proof a liberal judge has never crossed party lines to vote for something they disagree with, because it was legal.

jackstar7

Lifer
Jun 26, 2009
I don't see where you're coming from at all. I'll just take that as proof a liberal judge has never crossed party lines to vote for something they disagree with, because it was legal.
You have a great way of evaluating "proof".

It's hard to picture you as a conservative with that level of casual carelessness with evidence.

[/s]

Thunder 57

Platinum Member
Aug 19, 2007
You have a great way of evaluating "proof".

It's hard to picture you as a conservative with that level of casual carelessness with evidence.

[/s]

Well neither you nor anyone else seems to have an example handy, so...

bshole

Diamond Member
Mar 12, 2013
THIS* is exactly why I kept telling pissed-off Bernie supporters this wasn't the year for protest votes. The Dems can win back the Presidency and maybe Congress in a few years, but right-wing fanatical judges might be in there for decades.

*Well, that and climate change....and the fact that I felt Trump might start a war via twitter if he thought someone slighted him. First part is as bad as I feared, jury is still out on the latter.

Could they overthrow Roe V Wade? Are we headed back to an age of back alley abortions?

Maxima1

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2013
The article doesn't say much. They've been saying Kennedy could retire for a long time. Past summer he didn't, and he might not do so this summer either.

Yes, libtards picked the worst possible time to become purists, so fuck 'em. Every tear shed for the next 30 years by every single person who did not vote for Hillary will be delicious.

People who wanted Bernie ended up backing Hillary more so than Hillary voters did when it was Obama. What's wild to me is how many of the Bernie voters ended up voting for Trump. LOL Then again, I found out that this always happens.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
I don't really see that happening, but who knows.
If they don't, they will have to explain to evangelicals why they lied to them for 45 years, got them to give away their middle class prosperity and their moral standards for those SCOTUS picks.

Reactions: DarthKyrie