Soldiers piss on dead Taliban

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Jeffg010

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2008
Hay guys guess what a 100 times worst stuff has happen then just pissing on corpses. These are the ones that just got caught. If you have never fought in a war then you really don't know how you are going to act when the time comes to kill someone and how you would feel if they were trying to kill you. You think war is some kind of tea party and we need to tip toe everywhere? Get real! War is not pretty and this is just part of it deal with it you cowards. You guys sit at home all day long and think you should criticize these people who are over there trying to stay alive. If you want to make a difference then join the arm forces and be the morality police that you so badly want to be but you guys would rather be a pussy and sit at home and bitch about it.

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002
Hay guys guess what a 100 times worst stuff has happen then just pissing on corpses. These are the ones that just got caught. If you have never fought in a war then you really don't know how you are going to act when the time comes to kill someone and how you would feel if they were trying to kill you. You think war is some kind of tea party and we need to tip toe everywhere? Get real! War is not pretty and this is just part of it deal with it you cowards. You guys sit at home all day long and think you should criticize these people who are over there trying to stay alive. If you want to make a difference then join the arm forces and be the morality police that you so badly want to be but you guys would rather be a pussy and sit at home and bitch about it.

ZZ1ED58456.jpg

woolfe9999

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2005
You guys seriously don't get what I'm saying because you're dumb. It doesn't matter if pissing is bad or wrong, it's not the issue here. Pissing would NEVER HAVE OCCURRED if the guy wasn't shot. In fact he would have been pissed on while alive and we could have bitched about the disrespect our soldiers showed him and I would be right along there with you. I still think this is disrespectful, I just don't care or see the big deal because they had just killed someone. How can you be pissed about pissing, but not about the killing? I do not care one iota about pissing on corpses, it is immature and stupid, we shouldn't do it, but I just don't care. What we shouldn't be doing is going around spending a ton of money killing cavemen for no fucking real reason any more. That's the outrage, you morons are to busy worrying about pissing on something that has no more feeling than a rock.

Because the killing occurred in a WAR, and the pissing was unnecessarily disrespectful. Killing is inevitable in a war. It MUST happen. Pissing on corpses, not so much. I'm not sure why you don't seem to understand this and why you think other people are being dumb here.

GrGr

Diamond Member
Sep 25, 2003

I bet when these pissheads come home they will brag about their "service" too. Nobody respects the US because it lacks dignity and class, all it has is muscle for brains and of course everybody has to take that into account or use it for it's own ends (like Israel).

Aug 23, 2000
For the most part yes. I don't see any difference burning bodies or burning flags. What's the difference? Seriously tell me the difference, will not burning and desecrating their bodies bring them back to life? No? Then who cares.

Like I said, why is it a big deal that they are pissing on someone they just fucking shot. If you have such a problem with the pissing, you should have infinitely more of the issue with the shooting. You could not possibly have the desecration of a corpse, without the corpse.

There is always the ability to post a response on Youtube? I don't see what you're getting at. Should I get super angry? No I shouldn't and I doubt anyone I know would want me to get absolutely pissed over their body being desecrated. They're gone, they'd probably encourage me to continue doing what I'm doing if they could. This really is a bunch of philosophical non-sense and we could go on and on and on, or we could just shut up and agree that the killing is the worse thing and the pissing shouldn't even be discussed in "relative terms".

Ahh, you've been successfully brainwashed into thinking the "enemy" is sub-human. Any one of you that thinks there's nothing wrong with this, would all be outraged if your mother or child's body was pissed on or defiled in some way.
Videos and images like this fuel the fire of hatred of America and Americans. Our leaders send our troops into other countries claiming to free them of oppression only to oppress them and treat them like animals.

Aug 23, 2000
I bet when these pissheads come home they will brag about their "service" too. Nobody respects the US because it lacks dignity and class, all it has is muscle for brains and of course everybody has to take that into account or use it for it's own ends (like Israel).

And people wonder why I don't bow down and kiss every service members ass. It's because instances like this, that I don't. I'm not going to heap praise on every single person that served, just to be Mr. Blind Patriot. If someone that served is upset that I don't thank them or praise them for serving, they served for the wrong reason. They didn't serve for country, they served for themself.

CitizenKain

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2000

Whoa, make-believe toughguy here. I bet your friends on XBL are impressed.

cwjerome

Diamond Member
Sep 30, 2004
You guys seriously don't get what I'm saying because you're dumb. It doesn't matter if pissing is bad or wrong, it's not the issue here. Pissing would NEVER HAVE OCCURRED if the guy wasn't shot. In fact he would have been pissed on while alive and we could have bitched about the disrespect our soldiers showed him and I would be right along there with you. I still think this is disrespectful, I just don't care or see the big deal because they had just killed someone. How can you be pissed about pissing, but not about the killing? I do not care one iota about pissing on corpses, it is immature and stupid, we shouldn't do it, but I just don't care. What we shouldn't be doing is going around spending a ton of money killing cavemen for no fucking real reason any more. That's the outrage, you morons are to busy worrying about pissing on something that has no more feeling than a rock.

You seem to be confused because you're all over the place.

Pissing on them if they are alive is bad. Pissing on the when they are dead is bad. To me, the death has nothing to do with it.

We are at war with these guys, and we kill them, that's what is expected and necessary when you are fighting a war. Pissing on bodies, or abuses corpses in general is not to be expected and is not necessary (for a lot of reasons). Why is this so hard to understand?

I have every right to worry about this behavior. It makes the US look bad and makes the military's job even harder. If we shouldn't be there that's another issue and topic altogether. I would be perfectly happy to leave Afghanistan tomorrow, yet that doesn't mean I support hurting the US forces there.

You seem to be emotionally immature. I would also say you need some good ethics studies... being against this doesn't mean you care about the feelings of a dead body, as you state. It's about principles and concepts that a person values, and the good reasoning for having those values.

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
Because the killing occurred in a WAR, and the pissing was unnecessarily disrespectful. Killing is inevitable in a war. It MUST happen. Pissing on corpses, not so much. I'm not sure why you don't seem to understand this and why you think other people are being dumb here.

^this.

Also just about every culture has developed rituals and ceremonies for how to treat and bury or otherwise remove dead bodies from the general populace.

Only idiots would desecrate a body and give people who are already working against you even more reason to hate not only you but the country you represent.

cwjerome

Diamond Member
Sep 30, 2004

You sound scared, and maybe like you've done things and are trying to rationalize it. It's a normal reaction to a normal person who went through very abnormal conditions. Seek help, it's out there. I know.

Remobz

Platinum Member
Jun 9, 2005

You fricken IDIOT!!

Don't you realize how much propaganda these idiot Marines gave to all the radical Muslims and Islam world on a whole. There are military codes of conduct for a reason dumb ass. You need to look at the bigger picture here in terms of propaganda.

Ok fine, they pissed on dead bodies....so what indeed, but why TAPE IT for the whole world to see? Is that smart I ask? No its plain stupid.

In a nutshell...

A couple idiot dumb ass Marines decided to tape a stupid and unnecessary act for the whole world to see while providing the Islam world with valuable propaganda and soiling the USA image once more. For their stupidity they deserve to be punished.

Next time....do not do it or simply do not get caught or suffer the consequences.

End of story....

schneiderguy

Lifer
Jun 26, 2006
You seem to be confused because you're all over the place.

Pissing on them if they are alive is bad. Pissing on the when they are dead is bad. To me, the death has nothing to do with it.

We are at war with these guys, and we kill them, that's what is expected and necessary when you are fighting a war. Pissing on bodies, or abuses corpses in general is not to be expected and is not necessary (for a lot of reasons). Why is this so hard to understand?

I have every right to worry about this behavior. It makes the US look bad and makes the military's job even harder. If we shouldn't be there that's another issue and topic altogether. I would be perfectly happy to leave Afghanistan tomorrow, yet that doesn't mean I support hurting the US forces there.

You seem to be emotionally immature. I would also say you need some good ethics studies... being against this doesn't mean you care about the feelings of a dead body, as you state. It's about principles and concepts that a person values, and the good reasoning for having those values.

Yeah, one of our soldiers pissing on a dead guy makes us look a lot worse than invading a country and killing hundreds of thousands of their people :rolleyes:

cwjerome

Diamond Member
Sep 30, 2004
Yeah, one of our soldiers pissing on a dead guy makes us look a lot worse than invading a country and killing hundreds of thousands of their people :rolleyes:

It hurts our image and our position with those countries that support us or are at least neutral. To the countries that oppose us being there, it makes their arguments even stronger. To say it has no effect is stupid.

What's you're trying to do is make a simplistic apples to oranges comparison, and you've failed miserably. Even if the comparison were valid -and it's not- it would mean that once you've invaded a country you can do whatever you want. That's wrong also.

mchammer187

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2000

Maybe its not worse but why add fuel to the fire?

The marines might as well sodomize their corpses and video tape it for all to see right after all its just a corpse.

Remobz

Platinum Member
Jun 9, 2005

Remember its not IRAQ. Al qaeda attacked the USA on its soil. The Taliban were supporting Al Qaeda at the time. Fair is fair. Trust me, many in the Muslim world knew the USA would act in such a manner. If you slap a lion in the head very hard then common sense would dictate retaliation by the lion right?

Anyway, with that said why tarnish your rebuilding efforts with such stupid acts.

Now Iraq is another story. But the war in Afghanistan was justified in my opinion and many intelligent thinking people would acknowledge that fact I believe.

Remobz

Platinum Member
Jun 9, 2005
Maybe its not worse but why add fuel to the fire?

The marines might as well sodomize their corpses and video tape it for all to see right after all its just a corpse.

Don't give any Marines more ideas please.....lol!!

GrGr

Diamond Member
Sep 25, 2003
Remember its not IRAQ. Al qaeda attacked the USA on its soil. The Taliban were supporting Al Qaeda at the time. Fair is fair. Trust me, many in the Muslim world knew the USA would act in such a manner. If you slap a lion in the head very hard then common sense would dictate retaliation by the lion right?

Anyway, with that said why tarnish your rebuilding efforts with such stupid acts.

Now Iraq is another story. But the war in Afghanistan was justified in my opinion and many intelligent thinking people would acknowledge that fact I believe.

Proof of how the Taliban "supported" Al Qaeda pls. Less than 1 in 10 in Afghanistan have ever heard of 9/11.

It is a fact that the Taliban leadership offered to give up Osama Bin Laden if George W Bush would offer evidence of Bin Laden's involvement in 9/11. Bush of course didn't have any evidence so he simply attacked. It's all power bullshit.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
The men described in the OP would be scum worthy of handing over to the enemy. While, perhaps, not willing to go that far they must be removed from service and I'd throw them in jail.

Dishonor like that is a serious crime in my book. They didn't just piss on the Taliban, they pissed on the United States, on their fellow soldiers, and on us. In the old days I'd have their heads.

This.

Remobz

Platinum Member
Jun 9, 2005
Proof of how the Taliban "supported" Al Qaeda pls. Less than 1 in 10 in Afghanistan have ever heard of 9/11.

It is a fact that the Taliban leadership offered to give up Osama Bin Laden if George W Bush would offer evidence of Bin Laden's involvement in 9/11. Bush of course didn't have any evidence so he simply attacked. It's all power bullshit.

Can you please list your "factual" sources that proves the Taliban were 100 percent willing to give up Osama bin laden.

I am curious to know.

And how do we know that Bush did not have some evidence at the time? Just because he said "Fuck you" to them does not mean he did not have some evidence right?

I am just playing devils advocate now.

Jan 25, 2011
Can you please list your "factual" sources that proves the Taliban were 100 percent willing to give up Osama bin laden.

I am curious to know.

And how do we know that Bush did not have some evidence at the time? Just because he said "Fuck you" to them does not mean he did not have some evidence right?

Oh it was well cited by the Bush government, the thing is the Taliban wanted evidence AND a halt to all bombings in Afghanistan.

Who is to say what they would accept as sufficient evidence?

Edit: there's actually a video of a press conference ein February of 2001 where someone asked Ari Fleischer about an offer from the Taliban to surrender bin Laden to Saudi Arabia if the US ended sanctions. They said they were not aware of that but nothing was ever followed up on.

Last edited:

GrGr

Diamond Member
Sep 25, 2003

I am curious to know.

http://www.foreignpolicyjournal.com...-light-on-early-taliban-offers-pakistan-role/

Just google "Taliban offer to give up bin laden".

The Taliban were offering to give up Bin Laden months before 9/11 but the US refused. Hardly helping Al Qaeda is it if they are prepared to give Bin Laden up?

To quote the article I linked:

Michael Malinowski, a State Department official involved in the talks, acknowledged, “I would say, ‘Hey, give up bin Laden,’ and they would say, ‘No…. Show us the evidence’”, a request U.S. officials deemed unreasonable.[3]

According to the BBC, the Taliban later even warned the U.S. that bin Laden was going to launch an attack on American soil. Former Taliban foreign minister Wakil Ahmad Muttawakil said his warnings, issued because of concerns that the U.S. would react by waging war against Afghanistan, had been ignored. A U.S. official did not deny that such warnings were issued, but told BBC rather that it was dismissed because “We were hearing a lot of that kind of stuff”.[4]

And

Officials described the U.S. decision to reject Taliban offers as a missed opportunity. Former CIA station chief Milt Bearden told the Post, “We never heard what they were trying to say…. We had no common language. Ours was, ‘Give up bin Laden.’ They were saying, ‘Do something to help us give him up.’” Bearden added, “I have no doubts they wanted to get rid of him. He was a pain in the neck,” but this “never clicked” with U.S. officials.

Sorry, the Taliban didn't "help" Bin Laden achieve 9/11. The US could have gotten Bin Laden before 9/11 if they had cared to but they didn't really. Also, there has never been any evidence precented that it was Bin Laden that was responsible for 9/11 beyond "we know he did it" which is not evidence but an accusation.

This whole thing stinks to high heaven from rotten US foreign policy and trying to polish the turd of the Afghan war as some kind of necessity is utter BS. It is a war of choice for a lot of geopolitical and geostrategic reasons but the claim that "they hate us for our freedoms" etc propaganda bs is just too stupid.

Last edited:

bfdd

Lifer
Feb 3, 2007
Ahh, you've been successfully brainwashed into thinking the "enemy" is sub-human. Any one of you that thinks there's nothing wrong with this, would all be outraged if your mother or child's body was pissed on or defiled in some way.
Videos and images like this fuel the fire of hatred of America and Americans. Our leaders send our troops into other countries claiming to free them of oppression only to oppress them and treat them like animals.

What the fuck are you talking about? A dead body is not my enemy, it's a dead body. How can I believe my "enemy"(lol says who?) is sub-human, when I'm more worried about them being alive than their corpse being pissed on. Why is he dead? Why are not talking about him being dead? No instead we want to talk about the desecration of his corpse, which is really no different than pissing on a rock. No one inhabits a dead body, so there is no person to deem "sub-human" you fucking retard.

Yes I realize there is a WAR going on, that is what I am fucking talking about. You idiots care more about someones dead body being pissed on rather than them just being made dead in the first place. That's pathetic and it is YOU who views our "enemy" as sub-human, not I.

bfdd

Lifer
Feb 3, 2007

If war leads to killing people and killing people is worse than pissing on corpses or live people, then there is no need to worry or talk about pissing on people or corpses. It would be hypocritical and undermine the value of life/death. You do not understand this because you are to closed minded and believe to much in the "system"(whatever that entails) to see otherwise.

PS I supported the Afghani war and now I believe we should be taking a much different approach. I have said before that what these guys did is "wrong", that doesn't make it a big deal or anything to even worry about. Lots of things are fucking wrong in this world, but there are worse things to fucking worry about like spending an assload of money for these dumb asses to even kill the person so they could piss on him. "We're at war" is not an excuse for killing, if it is, then it's just a good enough excuse for rape, pillaging and pissing on corpses.