Soldier of Fortune: Payback

Hecubus28

Jan 29, 2005
SOF3 trailer

Looks like it is due out on Nov 13th. Havent heard a thing about it until today. Loved SOF2 multiplayer better then any online fps I have played yet. Hope it turns out pretty good.

MarcVenice

Moderator Emeritus <br>
Apr 2, 2007
Not sure, looks like a lot of emphasis is put on gore/blood whatever it is called.

skyofavalon

Jul 11, 2007
i just heard about it the other day,something tells me we wont see it til next year. I had SoF 2 on Dreamcast,good game.

Stas

Dec 31, 2004
Not by the same developer as SoF2. I bet it's gonna suck. Let's hope for the best.

Hecubus28

Jan 29, 2005
looked at some videos of it on youtube and it looks like they have stayed pretty true to Sof2, at least in the dismemberment, gore area.

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
just watched the video in the link.

if thats actual gameplay in some of those scenes -SWEETNESS!!

looks pretty realistic also. SOF2 is probably my most favorite FPS of all time. Like i said in my other post, if it plays like SoF 2 did, this will be the best game of the year.

SpunkyJones

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2004
Wow, haven't heard of this. I loved SOF & SOF II. I will be keeping an eye on this, thanks for the heads up.

BFG10K

Lifer
Aug 14, 2000
I heard about this a while ago but then I head it was going to be a budget title so my enthusiasm was diminished somewhat. Hopefully it'll still be a great game.

digiram

Diamond Member
Apr 17, 2004
Originally posted by: Hecubus28
SOF3 trailer

Looks like it is due out on Nov 13th. Havent heard a thing about it until today. Loved SOF2 multiplayer better then any online fps I have played yet. Hope it turns out pretty good.

SOF2 MP FTW. I hope it's similar, but with better graphics. That's all I ask. I went back to CS due to source.

Sleeper hit perhaps?

Remember leaning to fire. I've stuck with the MS optical mouse with the two side buttons b/c of SOF2

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
Originally posted by: MarcVenice
Not sure, looks like a lot of emphasis is put on gore/blood whatever it is called.

did we watch the same video?
there's was barely any blood and gore. most of the time, there wasn't anything.

SOSTrooper

Platinum Member
Dec 27, 2001
SOF2 MP was really really fun, it has a good mix of speed, wit, twitch aiming, and teamwork. I played it to death for like 3 years. SOF series was never ground breaking, but if they keep the same feel for the multiplayer, I'd be all over it again.

Cutthroat

Golden Member
Apr 13, 2002
SOF2 was also my favorite multiplayer game ever, I've never been able to get into any other multiplayer game.

jjzelinski

Diamond Member
Aug 23, 2004
Originally posted by: BFG10K
I heard about this a while ago but then I head it was going to be a budget title so my enthusiasm was diminished somewhat. Hopefully it'll still be a great game.

God I hope not, why the hell would they do that to this franchise?!

jonmcc33

Banned
Feb 24, 2002
Looks amazing! I was a SoF2 MP addict (till all the mods ruined the game). I will quite enjoy this one.

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
yep, sof2 mp is the best mp of all time. no other game comes even close to it.

jon, what mods are you talking about? some of the realism mods were really great and that what i played all the time. i'm not a big fan of games where your character can take 2 clips worth of ammo and still be running around.

Maasracer

Aug 2, 2002
Wow, didn't know there was this much love for SOF2 MP. As the last mp game I spent a lot of time on, I still have memories of blanketing the opposing spawn with smoke grenades in ctf games. Random map generator, perfectly symmetric maps with 3 paths with mass chaos in the middle. Man I'm feelin old...

mundane

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2002
I never played SOF2 MP, but really enjoyed the SP campaign - it felt very balanced to me, and didn't concern itself with too much of a plot.

jonmcc33

Banned
Feb 24, 2002
Originally posted by: pontifex

jon, what mods are you talking about? some of the realism mods were really great and that what i played all the time. i'm not a big fan of games where your character can take 2 clips worth of ammo and still be running around.

Well, when I was serious into it the OSP mod came out. Then OGL forced everyone to use the OSP mod that turned the shotgun into a nerf gun. After that there were the ultra realism mods where everyone started using the MP5.

I just preferred the game as it was originally made. Of course everyone was using the AK47 but I always stuck with the MP5 and shotgun myself.

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
Originally posted by: jonmcc33

Well, when I was serious into it the OSP mod came out. Then OGL forced everyone to use the OSP mod that turned the shotgun into a nerf gun. After that there were the ultra realism mods where everyone started using the MP5.

I just preferred the game as it was originally made. Of course everyone was using the AK47 but I always stuck with the MP5 and shotgun myself.

What's OGL? Is it a clan or is it like some kind of organized game thing, like the NFL?

I played in a clan, but we never participated in those organized gaming league things. We mostly just played on our own public server. We used to just play other clans for fun occasionally. We used ROC mod as the realism mod I guess (been so long).

I almost always used the AK and shotgun combo.

jonmcc33

Banned
Feb 24, 2002
What's OGL? Is it a clan or is it like some kind of organized game thing, like the NFL?

I played in a clan, but we never participated in those organized gaming league things. We mostly just played on our own public server. We used to just play other clans for fun occasionally. We used ROC mod as the realism mod I guess (been so long).

OGL is Online Gaming League. It's competitive scrims that are regulated. There are quite a few others.

The ROC mod was quite fun, it wasn't really a realism mod at all. I preferred that over the OSP (Orange Smoothie Productions) mod by far. When my clan was forced to go to OSP for the OGL competition I complained a lot and my clan kicked me because of it. After that I didn't really play much anymore.

I went back about 6 months later when the realism mods pretty much took over all servers. I used to play on the Team Mayhem SoF2 server all the time.

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
Originally posted by: jonmcc33

OGL is Online Gaming League. It's competitive scrims that are regulated. There are quite a few others.

The ROC mod was quite fun, it wasn't really a realism mod at all. I preferred that over the OSP (Orange Smoothie Productions) mod by far. When my clan was forced to go to OSP for the OGL competition I complained a lot and my clan kicked me because of it. After that I didn't really play much anymore.

I went back about 6 months later when the realism mods pretty much took over all servers. I used to play on the Team Mayhem SoF2 server all the time.

ah, i have no idea what realism mod we used then.