Soldier dies fighting in Iraq

crumpet19

Platinum Member
Feb 10, 2002
Ten bucks says this thread doesnt get as many hits as those damn Passion of Christ threads.

Goosemaster

Lifer
Apr 10, 2001
He died while attempting to insure the prosperity of our country and that of the world.

Much homor there. :)

Goosemaster

Lifer
Apr 10, 2001
Originally posted by: SherEPunjab
Only God knows how many people have died there, we certainly don't.

WEll probably get the most accurate result we will ever get in like 30yrs after this one is all over.

Just as it has always been. Even then we might not even know.

KGB1

Platinum Member
Dec 29, 2001
Originally posted by: Goosemaster
He died while attempting to insure the prosperity of our country and that of the world.

Much homor there. :)

There's no need for sarcasm in a serious thread.

sygyzy

Lifer
Oct 21, 2000
I like how specific this thread title is. It's almost like saying "Rain is wet"

SherEPunjab

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2002
Originally posted by: sygyzy

would you like it better if i changed it to say "indian american soldier dies fighting in iraq?"

I thought about that, but then thought that I shouldn't make too much of an issue about his ancestery, because it would kind of take away from all the other non Indians that have sacrificed their lives. but i do think a lot of people will be surprised to know that the tiny indian american population has people serving, and apparently even dying for our country.

Hammer

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
him, his father, and his grandfather served in the armies of 3 different countries. that's pretty rare...

Darkstar757

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2003
I salute him

I plan on sending a few bucks to his fund.

People like him are the real heroes.

Dam WAR

:(

Excelsior

Lifer
May 30, 2002
This sucks, and he is so young, but doesn't everyone remember Vietnam war? We will not even come CLOSE to matching the number of americans who died during that conflict.

Gyrene

Banned
Jun 6, 2002
Originally posted by: Excelsior
This sucks, and he is so young, but doesn't everyone remember Vietnam war? We will not even come CLOSE to matching the number of americans who died during that conflict.

I really don't think it's a contest to see how many people we can LOSE...

sygyzy

Lifer
Oct 21, 2000
Originally posted by: SherEPunjab
Originally posted by: sygyzy

would you like it better if i changed it to say "indian american soldier dies fighting in iraq?"

I thought about that, but then thought that I shouldn't make too much of an issue about his ancestery, because it would kind of take away from all the other non Indians that have sacrificed their lives. but i do think a lot of people will be surprised to know that the tiny indian american population has people serving, and apparently even dying for our country.

Actually on a serious note, yes. You say that you didn't want to include his ancestry because it takes away from the larger fact that many Americans (of all races) have died in the war. You say that, yet when someone clicks on your thread and reads your first post, it's all about the Indian soldier. It seems a bit misleading to me. Example - Topic: 99% off sale at Sears! Message: Only on one wrench at Chapel Hill, NC location.

Excelsior

Lifer
May 30, 2002
Originally posted by: Gyrene
Originally posted by: Excelsior

I really don't think it's a contest to see how many people we can LOSE...

rolleye.gif

SherEPunjab

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2002
Originally posted by: Darkstar757
I salute him

I plan on sending a few bucks to his fund.

People like him are the real heroes.

Dam WAR

:(

I feel the same way about our soldiers. I don't support this government. I didn't support this war. But god bless these guys, risking their lives. I've always had the utmost respect for our Armed forces. Any countries armed forces. I'm also thinking of donating.