Question SolarFlare 10gbe adapter software

R81Z3N1

Jul 15, 2017
I have two Solarflare sfn 5322F 10gbe network adapters, looking for compatible Windows 10 drivers. these are end of life, and are not included in any of the drivers on official nic.xilinx.com site.

If you look at the release notes, I can not find any viable drivers that are listed. Using a simple search can't find any of the previous generations as well. The links I find, are dead and no longer work. When I install the drivers, I do not have a working network card. I have two entries in device manager as unknown devices.

Linux is a bit better, I can find openonload software that should work, they are all older but code is viable I hope. But I need the windows drivers to have a full working connection. Now searching VMware site I can find drivers that should work, but I don't have any VMware software installed, feel kind of stupid if I have to install a VM just to get the drivers, which may or may not work outside the VM.

If installing VMware solves the problem, that could be a good solution, but in general I don't like running VM's on top of windows, the thought just makes me cringe.

R81Z3N1

Reactions: SamirD