Software for Gainward GF4 Ti4200

ruato

May 31, 2002
Hi,

I am getting a new system in a couple of days and a Gainward Ultra/650 XP (Ti4200) "Golden sample" will be included in it. I was just wondering that which drivers should I start using for it. There are a lot of Detonator drivers available that have bigger version number than the latest official ones available in the Nvidia homepages. Also, Gainward providess its own drivers (version 28.32). So, which would suit best for me? I prefer stability over getting the last drop of performance from the card..

Also, there a lot of different "tweak utilities" for the Nvidia cards. What is the best of them for "light" overclocking, tweaking and disabling vsync which I have been told is not possible with the detonator drivers?

Then there is the famous "One can only get 60Hz refresh rate in Win XP when playing Direct3D or OpelGL games"-issue. Does it concern every card in the market or are only some cards affected? What would be the best and safest solution for the problem? Powerstrip utility has been recommended but there are also specialized utilities such as RefreshLock and RefreshTool.

Thanks!

ruato

silentScope

Apr 2, 2002
Gainward provides an overclocking utility where you can oc your 4200 and still be under warranty, as far as drivers, I'm not sure which ones i should use either. Can someone answer that question please.

nagger

Golden Member
Dec 26, 2001

I've bought the 128 Mb version of this card and I'm using the software/drives that came with it.

I have it running @ 275/560 Mhz without any anormalities what so ever.

I'm not going to install another Detonator driver unless the system becomes unstable.

Additional Note: It's a kick a$$ card this GF4 Ti 4200 :)