Software Etc BS? what should i do?!

Yza

Jul 8, 2000
Anyone here of Software etc? think they might be called software botique or some crap like that and babages.. Anyways listen to this BS. I'm really not satisfied with my creative labs geforce2 gts for the price I paid for it, ($300). Its been less then a week and on there receipt it states returns will be excepted within 7days of purchase. The box and everything with it is in perfect condition! When I bought the card they mumbled something about I could exchange it for another card but no cashback or some crap, and if i wanted cash back I would have to go through creative? WTF! I was like is that possible, they said yes! Anyways here I am trying to take it back 5 days later they said they wouldnt return my money but they would exchange it for another video card of the same type,, I told them its NOT DEFECTIVE its just not compatible. They then said we wont give you your money back you have to call creative labs and ask for a refund and send them the receipt! I was like well ok i went home called a few differnt creative labs numbers, they all said the same thing. The return must be done through the reseller/vendor!! So I call them back up and one of the assitant manager gets bitchy with me, tells me that he doesnt give a crap, then offers me anything in the store up to the same price! He said it was a new policy they where starting because they where getting to many video card returns! thats BS!
Anyone have any suggestions on how to go about this? I'm getting ready to contact my local BBB and put in a complaint!

HungChow

Jun 21, 2000
good luck
Creative will never give a refund they will probobly tell you to take it back and the store will probobly tell you to call creative,vicious cycle

Yza

Jul 8, 2000
The thing is they lied to me about getting money back from creative! WTF is that about? only they can get there money back from creative! thats friggin BS!

CyberSax

Banned
Mar 12, 2000
If you can get your cash back from CL, what are you complaining about? Returning computer parts isn't like returning a chair or a coffee maker. Just be glad that you have a cash back opportunity to take advantage of. Most online retailers don't even offer that, or they want a "20% restocking fee".

Killbat

Diamond Member
Jan 9, 2000
Here's a thought: do more homework before you select your next online computer parts vendor.

CyberSax

Banned
Mar 12, 2000
Oh woops, didn't see the bottom part of your message. Damn, that does suck. Well, if it was within in store policy to offer a cash back refund on hardware, call the BBB.

CyberSax

Banned
Mar 12, 2000
Bad thing is its NOT ONLINE its a local store @ my mall..

Actually, if it was an online store you'd *really* be screwed. When e-businesses choose to be uncooperative, there's almost nothing that you can do. I'm getting screwed over by dragon.ca (2 week order delay, extra $$$ charged to my card) as we speak, and there's nothing I can do about it because they're in another country. Since they're local, at least you can contact the BBB.

Yza

Jul 8, 2000
Sorry to hear that CyberSax, yeah I'm going to all 3 stores and going to bitch out each one of there managers till someone returns my money.

Yza

Jul 8, 2000
Got a corporate # going to give them a call on mondaY! (when there open)

Yza

Jul 8, 2000
Actualy there is no written policy.. The guy said I could get my money back but he did not fully explain himself. And he lied about it too. Anyways good news, I talked to the other stores they can't do it but they have been having some real problems with the manager at the store i went to, i got hold of the regional manager and hes taking care of my refund, and hes sorry about the way i was treated and will look into it.

I wish you guys would stop trying to blame me for this incident, when in reality, I have been treated rudely and unfairly.. I didnt quite explain my story right. But basicaly this guy has alot of complaints building up against him and doesnt look like he will be there much longer.

Duckers

Platinum Member
Mar 30, 2000
Yza,
You can pick a different video card.

Don't even open it. Take it to another Software ETC store and ask them for a refund. Tell them that you lost your receipt !

They might take it if the package is closed....

Kjazlaw

Feb 18, 2000
ordinarily retailers will only give you cash back only if the product has not been used. if you try to return it without the receipt, the most you can expect is store credit.

Kjazlaw

Feb 18, 2000
and you gotta admit, if the card is "incompatible", it is completely your fault for failing to do the necessary research before buying something like that. while i agree that they lied to you and probably treated you poorly, you as a customer have some responsibility. you can expect to go around buying a bunch of thems, opening them up and using them, and then attempting to return them at face value. it doesn't work that way.

Duckers

Platinum Member
Mar 30, 2000
Electronics Boutique is better. They let you return opened software and hardware....

dabuddha

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
which software etc is it?
ive worked at one before
we had to take it back if the customer wasn't satisfied
only time we didn't take returns is if the customer was a chronic item returner.
if this isnt the case, threaten to file a lawsuit against them.
this used to freak my dumb boss out :)

Yza

Jul 8, 2000
*update* basicaly I got in touch with corp. Talked to the lady that was head of customer service, she gave me the regional manager #.. he called me back next day, set me up with the return, apologized, since i wasnt down in tucson, where i bought it he set it up so i could return it up here @ the closest retail store. Did it on my lunch break in and out, the manager was very very nice, helpful, and polite. (nothing like the one down in tucson). All in all I would shop at there store again. But not the one located down in tucson.