Soda can tabs will not buy you Dialysis time...

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
Originally posted by: MikeyIs4Dcats
people believed that???

When people are desperate, they will grasp at any thread.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
WTF? it amazes me people can be so stupid. WHY would they want the pull tab? it seems a total waste of time and effort.

LikeLinus

Lifer
Jul 25, 2001
Originally posted by: waggy
WTF? it amazes me people can be so stupid. WHY would they want the pull tab? it seems a total waste of time and effort.

While it is a myth that they are worth more, it's FAR easier to deal with a million pull tabs than it is cans. The sheer volume/space that it takes to equal the same amount of weighted tabs is huge. It'd take time to crush the cans and haul them somewhere.

Ronald McDonald House deals with this on a daily basis. But if they had people bringing in bags full of cans? Where do you think they are going to store it? It's much easier for them to have a couple of boxes full of tabs than hundreds of boxes full of empty cans.

Glavinsolo

Platinum Member
Sep 2, 2004
I thought this was going to be about rat piss on soda can tops causing death to people through some weird disease.

2Xtreme21

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2004
IIRC, McDonalds has little collection boxes collecting pop tabs for the Ronald McDonald fund. Any reason for this if this rumor is untrue?

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Originally posted by: 2Xtreme21
IIRC, McDonalds has little collection boxes collecting pop tabs for the Ronald McDonald fund. Any reason for this if this rumor is untrue?

maybe because McDonalds does ot do it just for dialysis. they do it for Ronald McDonald House.

from Ronald McDonald.com

Why collect only the tabs?

The tabs of all types of cans are smaller and cleaner than collecting the whole can. Tabs can make a big impact when collected in numbers. Lastly, our pop tabs collection does not interfere with other can recycling programs that we highly recommend pop tab collectors support by collecting cans as well