SoCal man accused of mailing threatening letters due in court

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999
(11-13) 03:31 PST Los Angeles (AP) --

A man suspected of mailing more than a dozen threatening letters containing white powder to celebrities, politicians and journalists was in custody and awaiting a court appearance after his arrest over the weekend.

Prosecutors were expected to file a criminal complaint against Chad Conrad Castagana, 39, in U.S. District Court in Los Angeles on Monday. He was arrested Saturday for allegedly conveying false information and sending threats by U.S. mail
<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2006/11/13/
state/n033119S00.DTL&type=politics">Full story</a>

It appears this man was a Freeper as well...

It's a pretty sad world when people left their manias take hold....

I wonder if he'll be charged as a terrorist?

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Terrorism is the ultimate weapon against Terrorist loving Librals!

Or something.... ;)

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005
Originally posted by: catnap1972
Probably not the last of them either--we'll see in January when reality hits home.
lol.. i love the fact that so many of you are under the impression that the Dems will be able to easily inact change beginning in January as if they've been given keys to the entire Kingdom. Newsflash: for most of the major issues they will face, they will have a very difficult time gtting them through the Senate and then past the wonderful Presidential Veto powers. It seems that most of you did not pay enough attention in civics class and have no real understanding of how things work in Congress.

The Dems do not have any sort of blank check that they'll be able to fill in, at will, beginning in January. In fact, they'll be lucky to get anything done, at all, if they do not start communicating their new plans effectively; even amongst themselves!

Some of you might be in for a rude awakening when the new January session is not the "Shock and Awe" Democrat-run Congress that you are expecting.

I'll be very surprised to see 25% of Pelosi's "1st 100 Hours Plan" even make it to a vote!

GroundedSailor

Platinum Member
Feb 18, 2001
Originally posted by: palehorse74
Probably not the last of them either--we'll see in January when reality hits home.
lol.. i love the fact that so many of you are under the impression that the Dems will be able to easily inact change beginning in January as if they've been given keys to the entire Kingdom. Newsflash: for most of the major issues they will face, they will have a very difficult time gtting them through the Senate and then past the wonderful Presidential Veto powers. It seems that most of you did not pay enough attention in civics class and have no real understanding of how things work in Congress.

The Dems do not have any sort of blank check that they'll be able to fill in, at will, beginning in January. In fact, they'll be lucky to get anything done, at all, if they do not start communicating their new plans effectively; even amongst themselves!

Some of you might be in for a rude awakening when the new January session is not the "Shock and Awe" Democrat-run Congress that you are expecting.

I'll be very surprised to see 25% of Pelosi's "1st 100 Hours Plan" even make it to a vote!

Actually I'm quite content to see some oversight on Bush. Anything beyond that is bonus.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
lol.. i love the fact that so many of you are under the impression that the Dems will be able to easily inact change beginning in January as if they've been given keys to the entire Kingdom.

Newsflash: for most of the major issues they will face, they will have a very difficult time gtting them through the Senate and then past the wonderful Presidential Veto powers.

It seems that most of you did not pay enough attention in civics class and have no real understanding of how things work in Congress.

I wonder how long before we see rabid Republicans from on here in the paper like Chad?

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002

Slow down, Francis!

I think the phrase "in January, when reality hits home" meant after the newly elected Democrats are actually sworn in.

Get it?

catnap1972

Platinum Member
Aug 10, 2000
Originally posted by: feralkid

Slow down, Francis!

I think the phrase "in January, when reality hits home" meant after the newly elected Democrats are actually sworn in.

Get it?

Somebody gets it (phew!)...at least a few of the nutbags over there think the Republicans swept both the House and Senate (despite what the "liberal media" 'claims'), and it's going to be real painful come January once they find out the truth.

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999

Slow down, Francis!

Get it?

Somebody gets it (phew!)...at least a few of the nutbags over there think the Republicans swept both the House and Senate (despite what the "liberal media" 'claims'), and it's going to be real painful come January once they find out the truth.

That's what I got from your earlier comment... However, the anger over losing the House and Senate is quite clear, as with the rush to attack - see a few posts above....

slash196

Golden Member
Nov 1, 2004
Originally posted by: GroundedSailor

Actually I'm quite content to see some oversight on Bush. Anything beyond that is bonus.

I second that. If we can't get him to play nice with baby, at least we can put a leash and muzzle on him.

Rainsford

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001

I think most of us will be happy if all Congress does is NOT ask "how high?" when Bush asks them to jump. And that, lucky for us, is something a Democratic majority DOES have the power to accomplish. Maybe Bush will block the Dems from getting any bills passed, but he can't veto his way to more power, and given the track record of our current congress, simply NOT giving Bush every damn thing he asks for will be a positive change.

bctbct

Diamond Member
Dec 22, 2005

dude we have a mandate and Bush41 is back in control, be prepered to see Bush do things you never thought possible.

FrancesBeansRevenge

Platinum Member
Jun 6, 2001

Slow down, Francis!

I can't slow down now I'm just about there!