socal folks: anyone up for some bball after work?

LordSnailz

Diamond Member
Nov 2, 1999
Looking to get back into hoop shape, let me know if you have a group of guys that play regulary after work and won't mind an extra person or two.

LordSnailz

Diamond Member
Nov 2, 1999
too old, nearing 30 ... I play every now and then, sometimes at UCLA but I want to find something closer to work or home so that I can do it more regularly.
bumpity!

S

SlitheryDee

Suddenly the theme song of "Fresh Prince of Bel Air" is playing in my head...

"In west Philadelphia born and raised
On the playground was where I spent most of my days
Chillin' out maxin' relaxin' all cool
And all shootin some b-ball outside of the school
When a couple of guys
Who were up to no good
Startin makin trouble in my neighborhood
I got in one lil fight and my mom got scared
She said 'You're movin' with your auntie and uncle in bel Air'"

Dunno why but that line came into my head immediately upon reading the thread title.

LordUnum

Golden Member
Jul 3, 2001
Now you're making me feel old. :p I just turned 28 a couple of weeks ago. Fortunately, I'm still about as spry as I was ten years ago though.

I have one of those portable courts at my place, but haven't used it in years. Have to fix the adjustable height mechanism. Nothing a hammer and some sweat can't or haven't fixed before. Also have enough room in the driveway to toss up "near" three's from almost any angle, so it's suitable for a halfcourt game.

I'd love to get ballin' again. I also find myself in the South Bay and SGV often, so if you find some people and a place to play, send me a PM please. Thanks. :)

neovan

Diamond Member
Mar 8, 2001
I wouldn't mind going. Haven't played in ages because of my bad knees but I should still be able to keep up. I'm nearing 29 and prefer the Temple City area.

LordSnailz

Diamond Member
Nov 2, 1999
sweet, more players! if anyone's interested or has a regular group that won't mind a challenge from atoter's reply to the thread or send me a PM. I'll see how many players we can get. :)