So ya gonna buy an iPhone?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
Originally posted by: LordSegan
It runs OSX... nuff said.

That's supposed to be a plus? I don't want a cell phone that's going to take a minute to boot and requires monthly security updates.

jhayx7

Platinum Member
Oct 1, 2005
Originally posted by: ultimatebob

That's supposed to be a plus? I don't want a cell phone that's going to take a minute to boot and requires monthly security updates.

Your confusing that with Windows....

N00b

Dec 10, 2005
No. When I get a phone, I don't want to spend more than $30 with the 2-year contract extension at Verizon.

Jan 6, 2007
Originally posted by: loup garou
Originally posted by: JS80
this thing is way too big. it's as big as a PSP, how the hell are you supposed to put it in your pocket?
The link I posted in the other thread had the wrong dimensions, it's actually a very nice size.

That said, no qwerty, expensive, one drop and it's toast, no 3G, no expansion, no Exchange ActiveSync or other wireless full sync (contacts, calendar, notes, not just email), no info so far on additional useful software for it = no thanks. I can do more with my current phone and it is over a year old.

Word. What's the point in having a PDA phone when it can't do calender, contacts, notes, etc syncing? I'm betting my lunch money that the Iphone is going to die out like the ps3. :D

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
Originally posted by: jhayx7
Originally posted by: ultimatebob

Your confusing that with Windows....

N00b

Right... Because Apple's software is perfect coming out the box even with version 1.0 releases, never needs to be patched, and runs blazing fast on slow hardware :disgust:

And you're calling ME a N00b :)

I'd imagine that this thing is going to sell a little better than the ROKR (the last iTunes phone disaster), but not by much.

ryan256

Platinum Member
Jul 22, 2005
Jobs also announced that Cingular Wireless will be the exclusive carrier of the iPhone in the United States through a multi-year deal.

NO I will not buy one!

BDawg

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000
Why buy an expensive phone and use it on a crap carrier?

It's like buying a Bugatti and driving it on unpaved roads.

It's more than twice the price of an iPod with the same phone capabilities. :)