So why hasnt anyone started to bomb Zimbabwe yet?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Originally posted by: jagr10
Originally posted by: Skyclad1uhm1
Originally posted by: ndee
no oil.

Exactly. How many times was North Korea screaming "we got nuclear weapons". U.S. didn't do much. There are many countries with problems where you could justify going in there, but if there's nothing in it for you why bother.
Well the US can't really attack every country on the planet that deserves it; it would have to conscript everybody!

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Originally posted by: Skyclad1uhm1
Originally posted by: ndee
no oil.

Exactly. How many times was North Korea screaming "we got nuclear weapons". U.S. didn't do much. There are many countries with problems where you could justify going in there, but if there's nothing in it for you why bother.
Well the US can't really attack every country on the planet that deserves it; it would have to conscript everybody!

Chaotic42

Lifer
Jun 15, 2001
North Korea would be so much more difficult to invade and control than Iraq, that it's not even funny. An all out war with North Korea would likely call for a draft here in the states.

ReiAyanami

Diamond Member
Sep 24, 2002
this is virtually the same as Hitler's youth camps. i would support removing mugabe by force and dissolving those terrorist camps, however i doubt the rest of american is willing after somali/mogudishu/Black Hawk Down

we lose 19 soldiers and pull out completely, while killing over 1000 somalians in a single battle

Nov 5, 2001
If we bombed Zimbabwe, they where would we get all of our.............um............sh!t, there's nothing there we need. Bombs away!

upsciLLion

Diamond Member
Feb 21, 2001
Originally posted by: Chaotic42
North Korea would be so much more difficult to invade and control than Iraq, that it's not even funny. An all out war with North Korea would likely call for a draft here in the states.

I might be wrong on this, but I don't believe China would like us invading North Korea.

The nice thing about Iraq was that nobody liked them.

ReiAyanami

Diamond Member
Sep 24, 2002
seriously, WTF is the UN doing? isn't the United Nations supposed to handle this stuff.

and yes, deny it or not, it is blatant racism plus bureacratic slowness. two weeks time may not be enough for them to respond to his complaint, but i bet they've known for years. look how quickly they jump into the balkans and send in peacekeepers left and right. look how fast they reponded to Milosevic who is doing the exact same thing Mugabe is doing now. BECAUSE THEY'RE WHITE. or maybe its because its they're backyard and two world wars started from there....

believe it or not, if the UN had done its job, bush would not have needed to invade iraq (that is UN uses force to enforce its resolutions and keep weapons inspectors in there the moment he kicked them out, thereby depriving shrub of a chance/excuse to fool us into thinking saddam was dangerous)

U.N. is still the League of Nations 2.0