Discussion So why do I get the feeling that most everybody hates TRUMP?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
Where have I heard this before?
Oh, I know....

So why do I get the feeling that most everybody hates Bill Clinton?

So why do I get the feeling that most everybody hates Obama?

Reactions: DarthKyrie

ondma

Platinum Member
Mar 18, 2018
It's like those folks went and bought a lemon clunker, found out later that the crankshaft blew out the side of the engine and won't admit that they got scammed so they'd rather push the wreck around the block and into town trailing gritty dirty brown oil behind them while proudly proclaiming what a cool spiffy ride they got for a deal nobody could resist.
At first glance, it seems nearly everyone who voted for Trump would feel that way. However, when you really think about it, that is not the case. For easy math, assume he got 50% of the vote. He has an approval rating of about 35%, so that means 2 out of 3 who voted Trump still support him. And mostly these are not lukewarm supporters, who say "oh he is OK", but avid supporters who are un-waveringly on his side.

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
you are making this about me when this is a discussion..
But since you posted what you posted are you saying your a TRUMP supporter??
Let me say I am seeking nobody to affirm what I believe to be true -- here this sums it up pretty good --
View attachment 3824

But Obama was a Kenyan Muslim! Never mind reality, those kinds of attributions often stick. To be honest, it has a lot to do with how our minds work. We are strongly compelled to organize things into categories, including other people. Exposing that something has been miscategorized doesn't always accomplish much. Your brain has already organized it a certain way. Much more effective than saying what was categorized wrong is to proclaim how it should be categorized instead.

jameny5

Aug 7, 2018
So in the 2020 Presidential race would you consider voting Republican if for some reason there was a different choice besides TRUMP or Pence?
I am not so sure the Democrat`s have the election in the bag! I do believe it is theirs to screw up....
There probably is someone that can out do him in the Republican Party. There are a lot of racist people in the corn fields of America. Did you think it all ended with Trumpty Dumpty? I am sure the racists can vote for some one less volatile or worse than him. Believe me - this country never ceases to achieve this.

jackstar7

Lifer
Jun 26, 2009
There probably is someone that can out do him in the Republican Party. There are a lot of racist people in the corn fields of America. Did you think it all ended with Trumpty Dumpty? I am sure the racists can vote for some one less volatile or worse than him. Believe me - this country never ceases to achieve this.
The trick is that it has to be tied to someone with perceived success. There's a massive swath of people that believe all success is divinely ordained and morally unimpeachable, and all poverty or struggle is likewise justified by the actions of the person experiencing those things (including themselves most of the time).

Without the veneer of wealth and success, a person will not be taken seriously by the lower classes that burn with envy, racism, and other ignorance-based prejudices.

But boy, oh boy, will they listen to a white person talk about how smart they are and demonstrate it with all their opulence that could only be earned by being very smart!

The bigger the con, the more zealously they believe it, too, hence our present circumstances.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
You and the rest of the Progressheviks won't be happy until you get your Robin Hood model. I hear it's being upgraded to include 100% more government.

And I'm sure the people at the top of the GOP money mountain won't be happy until we return to the ancien regime of the middle ages. At the rate we're going, it won't be long until the Uber Rich pay negative income taxes.

DarthKyrie

Golden Member
Jul 11, 2016
And I'm sure the people at the top of the GOP money mountain won't be happy until we return to the ancien regime of the middle ages. At the rate we're going, it won't be long until the Uber Rich pay negative income taxes.

They want to make us all serfs.

PlanetJosh

Golden Member
May 6, 2013
He's a liar like Obama and Clinton. Clinton: I did not have sex with that woman. Obama: You can keep your health insurance, period. And Trump: He said he had nothing to do with Russia after he had already signed a letter of intent for the Moscow hotel project. You can try to say since the project was dropped it means he didn't lie. Good luck with that in court or impeachment proceedings. And saying the travel ban was a Muslim travel ban then denying its major purpose was to ban Muslims from travel to the U.S. No doubt the conservatives will call me a Muslim sympathizer for that. Btw I'm a white Lutheran.

I stopped voting for President after '96. But still voting for Sen, Rep, and propositions.

AlanWade

Mar 4, 2019
Well I wont ever vote for Trumpety Trump not ever! Why? Because I dont live in America nor a US citizen - LOL

Last edited:

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
Well I wont ever vote for Trumpety Trump not ever! Why? Because I dont live in America - LOL

That's not the reason. Many people who don't live in America can vote in US elections, and many who do live there can't. The reason must be because you aren't a US citizen.

I'm on a pedantry roll today.

That said, it does seem as if US citizens living abroad are statistically less likely to vote for Trump. I'm fairly sure the then head of 'Republicans Abroad' here actually quit being a Republican when Trump was nominated.

AlanWade

Mar 4, 2019
That's not the reason. Many people who don't live in America can vote in US elections, and many who do live there can't. The reason must be because you aren't a US citizen.

Yep, you are right so I amended my post to state that I am not an American citizen.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
He's a liar like Obama and Clinton. Clinton: I did not have sex with that woman. Obama: You can keep your health insurance, period. And Trump: He said he had nothing to do with Russia after he had already signed a letter of intent for the Moscow hotel project. You can try to say since the project was dropped it means he didn't lie. Good luck with that in court or impeachment proceedings. And saying the travel ban was a Muslim travel ban then denying its major purpose was to ban Muslims from travel to the U.S. No doubt the conservatives will call me a Muslim sympathizer for that. Btw I'm a white Lutheran.

I stopped voting for President after '96. But still voting for Sen, Rep, and propositions.

Both sides is ridiculous. Trump doesn't just lie. His bullshittery denies that truth exists at all.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Other than the entire history of Trump's public life being more or less defined by everyone that knows and/or works with him, hating him, I can't imagine what it could possibly be.

realibrad

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Other than the entire history of Trump's public life being more or less defined by everyone that knows and/or works with him, hating him, I can't imagine what it could possibly be.

All those people are biased because they know him.

jackstar7

Lifer
Jun 26, 2009

In Bar graph form:

Clinton Lies: ||||||||||
Obama Lies: |||
Trump Lies: ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

But all the same, right dood?