So whose gonna go see Hannibal?

shabby

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
I've been waiting for a sequel to silence of the lambs for 1..2... 10 years! :)
Hopefully it'll be even better than the first one, more sequals aren't, but this one better be.

One of the quotes i've heard from the movie is "Ill have the pleasure of eating your wife" oooooooh scary :)

Viper GTS

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
Having read the book I'm not expecting the movie to be better than SOTL, but I will most definitely see it. I've been waiting for it ever since I first saw the preview.

Haven't seen Manhunter, my local video stores don't have it.

:(

Viper GTS

Electric Amish

Elite Member
Oct 11, 1999
I will see it.

Time to remember the first date with Mrs. Amish. We went to see SOTL. Her current "boyfriend" wouldn't take her to see it, so I used that to get my foot in the door. :D

amish

Viper GTS

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
SOTL is a sequel (of sorts) to Manhunter. Hannibal plays a secondary role in Manhunter, & his character is expanded on in SOTL.

Viper GTS

Fingers

Platinum Member
Sep 4, 2000
i am renting sotl on friday with a friend and then i am going to see hannibal

fdiskboy

Golden Member
Sep 21, 2000
I'm definitely going to see this one.

Got to go find Manhunter/Red Dragon and then watch SOTL on DVD before hitting the cinema.

divinemartyr

Platinum Member
Oct 18, 2000
Looks like an excellent movie from the previews, at least in aura and scariness. The original was too good not to watch the sequel.

dm

Feb 10, 2000
I hope the movie is better than the book. I LOVED Red Dragon and SOTL, but Hannibal was just dreadful, and I did not blame Jodie Foster for refusing to participate (for reasons I will not specify to avoid spoiling the film for people).

Manhunter is actually pretty good (it was directed my Michael Mann of Miami Vice/Last of the Mohicans/Heat fame, who I really like), but apparently there is talk of making another film adaptation of Red Dragon, presumably with a beefier part for Lector to be played by Anthony Hopkins.

Azraele

Elite Member
Nov 5, 2000
I'll probably see it when it comes out on video. I live in the boondocks so the nearest theatre is quite a trek. I did read the book though, and gawd, I hope the movie dinner scene at the end isn't as graphic as it was in the book. Can we say ewwwwwwwwwwwww? :disgust: