So, who should buy Aston Martin?

GTaudiophile

Lifer
Oct 24, 2000
Ford has confirmed that they will offload Aston but continue to hold onto Jaquar.

Who do you think should buy them? BMW? Lexus?

Jaguar is not for sale, but Ford will offload Aston Martin by the end of the year.

That's the official word from Alan Mulally, the new president of Ford, speaking at the Detroit motor show this weekend.

Attending the unveiling of the Jaguar C-XF concept, Mulally told reporters: "Jaguar is not for sale at this time."

Whether this is a vote of confidence or merely a stay of execution for the British marque remains to be seen, but either way Ford must have been heartened by the good critical reception to the concept saloon.

The news wasn't so good for Aston Martin, however. Despite improved sales and a reinvigorated line-up, Mulally confirmed that Ford would continue in its drive to auction off the luxury brand.

This was seconded by Ford Premier Auto Group executive Lewis Booth, who said: "Aston Martin has developed into a strong and confident brand under Ford, and will continue to develop under new ownership."

French holding company Louis Vuitton Moët Hennessy is rumoured to be among those showing interest in Aston, despite no previous car industry experience.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
can you imagine LV leather in an aston martin, including a perfectly matched luggage set? maybe with a dom cooler tucked in the center console?

akshatp

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 1999
MI6 should buy AM. Then they can use their cars in their movies for free :)

soydios

Platinum Member
Mar 12, 2006
Aston Martin could join Rolls Royce in BMW's British car marque stable.

AStar617

Diamond Member
Sep 29, 2002
Whoever buys them should have to make a commitment to hand build them in low quantities as they have historically done, instead of making them just another overpriced, overavailable badge engineered piece of crap like Ford almost did. :thumbsdown:

amdforever2

Golden Member
Sep 19, 2002
I hope Ford sells it for a profit.

Seems like they've been buying and selling crap and restructuring since 1990 each time losing more and more money.

Slackware

Banned
Jan 5, 2007
Audi

Speaking of Audi, has anyone ever test driven the Le Mans, i would love to but i don't really have the cash to travel to the nurnurg at this time.

dudeman007

Diamond Member
Apr 6, 2004
Originally posted by: Slackware
Audi

Speaking of Audi, has anyone ever test driven the Le Mans, i would love to but i don't really have the cash to travel to the nurnurg at this time.

Nurburg?