So who ordered the woot today?

thehstrybean

Diamond Member
Oct 25, 2004
Delphi RoadyXT XM Satellite Radio Receiver w/Car Kit, Free Activation & 3 Months of XM. For $59. I bought one, even though I shouldn't have. It'll be great for goin to school and such. Anyone else bite?

themusgrat

Golden Member
Nov 2, 2005
How good of a deal is this? I might actually get it, it seems much more reasonable than I remember.

isekii

Lifer
Mar 16, 2001
you can buy the same RoadyXT on ebay for 25.99 shipped Not too sure what the 3 month programming costs tho

thehstrybean

Diamond Member
Oct 25, 2004
I think the 3 months + free activiation is the deal clencher. You can get a car antenna at the local wallyworld for $10 on the discount rack...but if it comes with it....

thehstrybean

Diamond Member
Oct 25, 2004
Originally posted by: isekii
you can buy the same RoadyXT on ebay for 25.99 shipped Not too sure what the 3 month programming costs tho

I think it's $9.99/month, but I could be wrong. When I looked at it, that's what it was, but that was a while ago. If I like XM and know I'll use it, then I can always keep it. If not, then not too bad of a deal...

Caesar

Golden Member
Nov 5, 1999
So how do you connect it in your car? using FM transmitter or have to get it installed to use the speakers?

Otaking

Diamond Member
Mar 13, 2000
I've heard that Sirius > XM in terms of content, customer service, and pretty much everything else. Any opinions? :confused:

Caesar

Golden Member
Nov 5, 1999
Originally posted by: CadetLee
Originally posted by: CaesaR
So how do you connect it in your car? using FM transmitter or have to get it installed to use the speakers?

http://www.woot.com/

You just mount the RoadyXT on your dashboard, and it transmits to an empty frequency on your existing FM dial.

Thanks.

I've had bad experience with those iPod FM transmitters in the past. Do these XM/Sirius transmitters work better?

jlee

Lifer
Sep 12, 2001
Originally posted by: CadetLee

http://www.woot.com/

You just mount the RoadyXT on your dashboard, and it transmits to an empty frequency on your existing FM dial.

Thanks.

I've had bad experience with those iPod FM transmitters in the past. Do these XM/Sirius transmitters work better?

No idea. I'll stick with an old-fashioned OEM CD deck for the time being..I only drive ~20min to work. :)