So who long does your morning ritual take you??

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Argo

Lifer
Apr 8, 2000
Originally posted by: ManSnake
If you don't take dump in the morning, then you can greatly cut down your time. It's more productive to take a dump once every 7 days...

Problem with morning dumps is that they take longer. The muscles are still asleep and can't push effectily. However, I prefer taking a dump before I shower. Feel cleaner that way.

MrHappyMonkey

Diamond Member
Mar 15, 2001
get up 8:15 out of the house by 8:43 including shower, brushing teeth, shaving, getting dressed, checking e-mail.

Spike

Diamond Member
Aug 27, 2001
20-30 min. This includes shower, dressing, brushing teeth, checking email, making an instant breakfast, and kissing the wife goodbye

-spike

Imdmn04

Platinum Member
Jan 28, 2002
Originally posted by: Chaotic42
Maybe 5, 6 minutes.

Shower, brush teeth, use mouth wash, get dressed.

Just how the hell do u manage to do all that? Lets see, brushing takes 2mins, taking off and putting on cloth takes about a min, that leaves 2 or 3 mins in shower. Thats not alotta time to wash all of your bodyparts if you know what i mean.

PlatinumGold

Lifer
Aug 11, 2000
Originally posted by: Imdmn04
Originally posted by: Chaotic42
Maybe 5, 6 minutes.

Shower, brush teeth, use mouth wash, get dressed.

Just how the hell do u manage to do all that? Lets see, brushing takes 2mins, taking off and putting on cloth takes about a min, that leaves 2 or 3 mins in shower. Thats not alotta time to wash all of your bodyparts if you know what i mean.

bottom line, he lied or just has no idea how long he does spend and just guessed.

if he is showering in less than 2 min he's not washing all his body parts, shoot he barely has time to shampoo and dry off.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
About 5 hours. I get up around 3:30-4:00am. Check email, pay bills, update my planner etc...then around 5am I go to the gym looking really frumpy...then I get back around 6:30..everyone else is waking up...I cook some breakfast..we eat...then I'll drive kids to school..Get back home around 8, shower...wait another 15 minutes until I dry off proper then get dressed for work whick I roll into around 9-10am depending.

PowerMacG5

Diamond Member
Apr 14, 2002
Originally posted by: Zebo
About 5 hours. I get up around 3:30-4:00am. Check email, pay bills, update my planner etc...then around 5am I go to the gym looking really frumpy...then I get back around 6:30..everyone else is waking up...I cook some breakfast..we eat...then I'll drive kids to school..Get back home around 8, shower...wait another 15 minutes until I dry off proper then get dressed for work whick I roll into around 9-10am depending.
5 hours :Q. What time to you go to sleep, and what hours do you work?

eLiu

Diamond Member
Jun 4, 2001
Hm...about 40 minutes to get up, get dressed, go down & eat, come back up and brush teeth/shave if i need it, then leave

superpunchy

Jan 22, 2004
well, during the season when i have morning practice, i get up at 5:50 start my car (i live in utah, it's pretty freaking cold outside) put in my contacts, grab my bag and am out of the door by 5:54 leaving me 6 minutes to get to school, drop off my bag into my locker, and start running by 6:00 sharp.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
Originally posted by: KraziKid

You'll find when you get old you don't need much.. 11pm usually but sometime I'll stay up for charlie rose. My work really varies being it's not a usual 9-5 doing research. Sometimes I'll work till 10pm sometimes till 2:30pm...

PowerMacG5

Diamond Member
Apr 14, 2002

You'll find when you get old you don't need much.. 11pm usually but sometime I'll stay up for charlie rose. My work really varies being it's not a usual 9-5 doing research. Sometimes I'll work till 10pm sometimes till 2:30pm...
Damn. I personally only get like 3-4 hours of sleep now in High School, but only take like 20 minutes to get ready. I can't imagine taking 5 hours to prepare for work.

Ameesh

Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
I take about 2 hours, about 1 of it is doing my cardio and streching and 1 hour is getting showered watching cnbc, dressed and replying to some emails. i am usually into work by 11am

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001

Damn. I personally only get like 3-4 hours of sleep now in High School, but only take like 20 minutes to get ready. I can't imagine taking 5 hours to prepare for work.

It's really the only time I have to myself to get things done and think. When everyone else is awake and mulling about I like to spend time with them. I don't wacth TV unless I'm already in bed and that saves tones of time right there.:) Plus I get over 5-6 hours a night..much more than you.

SWScorch

Diamond Member
May 13, 2001
geez, that's gotts suck for all you people who take a dump every morning. I drop a deuce maybe every other day, leaves me with much more free time. :)

randomlinh

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
linh.wordpress.com
Originally posted by: SWScorch
geez, that's gotts suck for all you people who take a dump every morning. I drop a deuce maybe every other day, leaves me with much more free time. :)

i dunno, judging from one of my roommates, it seems like a long aggrivating session every few days... heh

wake up, feel groggy, check email/brief news/weather, eat, teeth, dump, shower.... 20-30 minutes depending.

mdcrab

Platinum Member
Feb 9, 2001
I'm not a morning person, so I try to make mine as short as possible.

Usually shave and shower the nite before. A little 5 o'clock shadow at 8 am isn't too bad.

Usually takes 15 minutes to get up, take a pee (and save the other for work), get dressed, comb hair, feed the pets, kiss wife good bye, get a yogurt and head out the door.

I eat the cup of yogurt in the car on way to work.

mdcrab

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
Hmm, I guess that it takes a little less than an hour. Let's do the "play by play", and figure it out...

7:15: First alarm goes off. I hit snooze.
7:20: Second alarm goes off. I hit snooze again.
7:25: First alarm goes off again. Maybe I hit snooze, maybe I don't. Depends on how tired I am.
7:30: My TV turns itself on. If I remember to change it, it will be tuned to CNBC. If not, it will be tuned to one of those annoyingly happy morning network news shows. Oh well, at least I'm motivated to get up and change the channel.
7:35: Time to use the bathroom...
7:40: I shave with my electric razor, and pick up any missed spots with my old Mach 3.
7:50: I grab something from the kitchen to eat. Maybe a Slim Fast shake, or maybe a banana and some OJ.
8:00: My TV turns itself off. I hop into the car, and drive to work as quickly as possible. This is probably my favorite part of the day, because it gives me a chance to race my little sport sedan on the highway :) It's a long commute (51 miles), but I'm usually there in 50 minutes.

Lithium381

Lifer
May 12, 2001
depends how many times i push snooze, i can be out the door in three minutes....i like about 10 though

TheToOTaLL

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2001
I know this is late, but the spelling/grammer cops just called, and said that you need to fix your title. They say it should be "how" and not "who" ;)

Personally myself, I get up an hour before checking in at work, but I can be completely ready (shower, brush teeth, get dressed) in about 15 minutes.

Chaotic42

Lifer
Jun 15, 2001
Originally posted by: xSauronx

6 minutes with a shower?

that doesnt sound thorough...

i shower at night, because i hate getting up in time to take one and be at work at 6 am. i figure 10 minutes. start the car (in the winter anyway) brush teeth, get dressed and im gone. if i dont shower at night ill get up early and take one in morning. thats another 10-15 to shower and dry off.
I like taking long showers, but I can move quickly if I need to.

Get up, bring the clothes into the bathroom, start the shower, get the toothbrush ready, brush in the shower quickly while I get wet, then use mouthwash. While you do that, soap up, use the washcloth to clean, then rinse, get out, get dressed.

Geekbabe

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com

When you get old you need several hours in order to trowel concealler under your eyes and harness your various shriveled body parts into push up bras and panty girdles.