So who listens to Portishead?

cjchaps

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2000
I just started listening to Portishead, and I am really liking what I hear! Are there any other groups out there like this? I already listen to Massive Attack, which I would consider similar.

TuffGirl

Platinum Member
Jan 20, 2001
AHHH, Portishead is so great! Cool to hear from another fan. Some other similar groups include Tricky and Kruder & Dorfmeister. Check 'em out! :)

NikPreviousAcct

No Lifer
Aug 15, 2000
I don't listen to them, but I've heard of them. I don't get a lot of time to listen to the radio anymore.

!

:(

But that may be changing soon. Will be looking for them. :)

Nik

drewshin

Golden Member
Dec 14, 1999
good stuff. i can't listen to it long though, i kind of get annoyed with her voice in some songs.

i'd like to see them live.

Fausto

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2000
Portishead is an excellent live show. I got to see them at a relatively small club a few year back and was amazed at how well they reproduce the songs. I figured they'd have to pare down all the effects and such as the album versions just sound very "produced", but damn if they didn't hit every song on the head...right down to all the weird little noises.

Other stuff you might like:

DJ Krush - (Ki-Oku in particular is an amazing album)
Morecheeba
Cardigans - Gran Turismo
Tricky

Fausto

deftron

Lifer
Nov 17, 2000
Portishead is simply amazing.

Their live video PNYC - Live at the Roseland is coming out on DVD ...Region 2 only

Some other similar bands

Air
Alpha
Andrea Parker
Morcheeba
Massive Atack
Mono
Sneaker Pimps
Smoke City
Terranova

yakko

Lifer
Apr 18, 2000

<< Portishead is simply amazing.

Their live video PNYC - Live at the Roseland is coming out on DVD ...Region 2 only
>>

I have it on VCD.:)

There is supposed to be a new release in April as well. I would recommend Babyfox to listen to as well.

cjchaps

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2000
I knew I recognized that voice on that track!!

<< chk out massive attacts-tear drop (feat. that portishead vocalist) great V-DAY track! :) >>