So WHO CARES about freak-show Nikki Haley?

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
Nikki Haley is nothing special. Certainly not a person any different from William Barr or Rudy Giuliani.
SHE'S A TRUMPIE.
She carries the card.
Naturally, her true nature is going to come out, eventually, being that she loves Donald Trump.
And no doubt Nikki Haley has YUGE political desires in her future, and I'm guessing she sees herself as the obvious choice to succeed Donald Trump in 2024. Assuming that Donald Trump is re-elected in 2020, and Nikki Haley definitely NEEDS THAT TO HAPPEN.
Thus.... Nikki Haley joins the list of the republican insane.
In truth, Nikki Haley name has always been on that list. Selling out whatever morals others perceived Haley as having for the blessing of Donald Trump.
And, it is all about evection cycle 2024 for Nikki Haley.
SHE'S A NUT.

WHY NOW would the media become so shocked at what Nikki Haley has said or that Nikki Haley has jumped onboard that Donald Trump band wagon is really nothing so shocking at all. Nikki Haley has been a member of that Donald Trump cult all along and from day one, the difference was that she could fool people in the media by APPEARING NORMAL.
She is nothing close to normal. She never has been.
What the media should be more concerned about is.... how any person appearing perfectly normal could in fact be a devoted cult member.
Willing to lie, to die, to kill, to deceive, to sell their very soul to please the cult leader, der fuhrer Donald Trump.

The truly frightening thing about Nikki Haley's big revelation

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
So she thinks Trumps going to be around? So much for her brilliant career.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Nikki? Oh, I know her as Nikki Haley and the Trump Clusterfuckers that she used to perform with at the White House until she found out her brain wasn't what kept her there.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Nikki? Oh, I know her as Nikki Haley and the Trump Clusterfuckers that she used to perform with at the White House until she found out her brain wasn't what kept her there.
Isn't she supposed to be a brilliant star of the new Republican party?

BonzaiDuck

Lifer
Jun 30, 2004
I flirted with GOP affiliation during the 70s and early 80s. In '76, I registered a mental note to myself when I sat 35 feet from Ronald Reagan during a campaign appearance at the Bronco Bowl in Fort Worth, Texas, that I kept falling asleep during his palaver, and that I couldn't find anything of substance in his remarks but flag-waving political symbolism.

Then, I got to know the "upper echelon" better when I returned to Washington and entered the ranks of career employees who encountered political appointees regularly. I actually met Clarence Thomas for about 5 or 10 minutes in his office, observing the coke can on his desk. There is more to that story of quick impressions, but he was not, for that encounter, very affable. I met others over that decade, and always came away with a sense of moral and intellectual superiority as my respect for them kept shrinking.

Of course, if you asked me now, I would tell you that Trump's Base is f***-nuts crazy. Wouldn't want to do daily business with them -- wouldn't patronize their businesses -- would move to the other side of the street if I saw them coming. You know . . There are arm-chair historians, arm-chair politicians, arm-chair sports enthusiasts.

Trump supporters are arm-chair know-nothings. Did you ever see one here, on this forum, present a cogent, coherent idea of government policy besides "no taxes, no regulation and no Democrats"? Do they ever venture to argue in a mode of constructive discourse -- about anything?

So, true, I had more respect for Nikki Halley in the past. At least she can form proper sentences and articulate them. But in answer to her criticism of Kelly and Tillerson -- It would be fruitless to take one's worries and concerns to a Chief Executive who is so divorced from mainstream humanity or normal human experience, a sociopath and malignant narcissist whose decision-making ability is crippled beyond belief.

Who is she speaking to, to insist that Kelly or Tillerson should follow normal approaches with such an abnormal human being? Is she trying to maintain the delusion of Trump's Base that he is a real leader?

Reactions: emperus and cytg111

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Isn't she supposed to be a brilliant star of the new Republican party?

Heard rumors to that effect. Something about her attractiveness and popularity that made Trump and Kellyanne Conway look very old, very yesterday's news, very stupid and very jealous.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
She's playing her part, but I suspect that will be far more minor than she believes.

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009

I think she's a step or two above Palin. She hasn't claimed she could see England from her front door.

On the other hand, while gov. of SC, she was quite willing to sign into law a requirement that all homeless be sequestered outside Columbia, SC, and kept in an abandoned multi-story industrial building under police "security"....and never be able to leave said building without applying for permission to do so and also needing permission to re-enter Columbia. (Basically being imprisoned without all the benefits of being jailed, like food, water, heat, beds, medical care....such as it is in SC.)

Reactions: Puffnstuff

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
She's playing her part, but I suspect that will be far more minor than she believes.
she's hitching her wagon to trumpers and if he survives the impeachment but crashes during the election she will be holding a very wet paper bag.

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
I'm reading it as she's playing for either the VP nomination if Trump throws pence under the bus with this Ukraine business, and/or she's angling for post Trump potus nod.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
I can never trust a politician that won't use their real name for fear of alienating their base, for entertainers it's different, they are playing someone else and in the old days studios gave them their name.
Piyush Jindal
Nimrata Randhawa Haley
Rafael Edward Cruz
are the ones that come to mind and are all republicans.
A couple of Presidents did change their last name to their stepfather's name but not because of fear of their voter base.

Reactions: tweaker2

Puffnstuff

Lifer
Mar 9, 2005
I think she's a step or two above Palin. She hasn't claimed she could see England from her front door.
She's too old to shorten her skirt and lower her neckline so I suppose Trumpian lip service will have to do for now.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I can never trust a politician that won't use their real name for fear of alienating their base, for entertainers it's different, they are playing someone else and in the old days studios gave them their name.
Piyush Jindal
Nimrata Randhawa Haley
Rafael Edward Cruz
are the ones that come to mind and are all republicans.
A couple of Presidents did change their last name to their stepfather's name but not because of fear of their voter base.
Willard Romney

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
I agree that it seems she is representing herself for political gain. I do wish, though, that everyone recognized the folly of enabling Trump by creating this resistance from within. Instead of walking away, though, since their motivation was fear that the country was in danger, they should have sought accountability for Trump. Every step in normalizing his deviance makes us more divided and hope for accountability slimmer.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
There is a rumor/speculation that Nikki and/or the Trump Campaign are pushing to have Pence replaced on the ticket for 2020. I guess they think she’ll help him get a bump in polling and ultimately secure more suburban women and minority voters?

This latest PR from Nikki could just be part of the plan for going all in on Team Trump.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
There is a rumor/speculation that Nikki and/or the Trump Campaign are pushing to have Pence replaced on the ticket for 2020. I guess they think she’ll help him get a bump in polling and ultimately secure more suburban women and minority voters?

This latest PR from Nikki could just be part of the plan for going all in on Team Trump.
This is easy for me to believe, Trump could throw Pence under the bus for Ukraine.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
This is easy for me to believe, Trump could throw Pence under the bus for Ukraine.

That would’ve been possible at some point, had they not left a trail of breadcrumbs connecting Parnas, Fruman and Firtash to Giuliani and Trump. Any attempt by Trump to smear Pence will lose him any allies he has in Congress.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
That would’ve been possible at some point, had they not left a trail of breadcrumbs connecting Parnas, Fruman and Firtash to Giuliani and Trump. Any attempt by Trump to smear Pence will lose him any allies he has in Congress.
Republicans won’t realize any of that

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000

It seems dumping Pence for Haley is like trading in a broke back burro for a flea bag nag in the sense that Pence's departure will piss off a whole lot of evangelicals that are now hiding in Trump's camp.

Reactions: Meghan54