So where do *YOU* think this Trump-Russia story is going??

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

alien42

Lifer
Nov 28, 2004

of course those are all issues of concern, but they have nothing to do with the Russian hacking and possible collusion with members of team Trump and don't make the issue any less important.

apples are not oranges.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
If you want some good political theater...check out these two articles:

https://patribotics.blog/2017/04/16...of-donald-trump-offering-treason-for-hacking/
- Cliffs notes - it's not pee tapes that is incriminating. It's a Help Me Obi-Vlad, you're my only hope! transmission from Trump begging for election hacking help in exchange for relaxed sanctions. This author thinks it's the "real" concrete evidence held by several in the international intelligence community.

There's also this article that sort of ties the knot between that mysterious server in Trump tower and what was going on with the election data hacking and targeted facebook probing.
https://patribotics.blog/2017/04/01/alfa-bank-trump-tower-and-a-social-media-impeachment/

If any of this comes out to be true, this is a story that seems even too crazy for a fiction movie.

Azuma Hazuki

Golden Member
Jun 18, 2012
Sounds like something that makes Watergate look like a Cub Scout meetup.

"I'm the most corrupt, the best corrupt politician ever. NO ONE does corruption better or biglier than me! ANy reports otherwise are Fake News!"

Seriously, in any functioning civilized government this guy would have been out on his ass within days of the inauguration. I am very frightened for this country's civic institutions.

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
Sounds like something that makes Watergate look like a Cub Scout meetup.

"I'm the most corrupt, the best corrupt politician ever. NO ONE does corruption better or biglier than me! ANy reports otherwise are Fake News!"

Seriously, in any functioning civilized government this guy would have been out on his ass within days of the inauguration. I am very frightened for this country's civic institutions.

I guess it's a testament to our legal system that it wasn't that reactionary. But yes, to an outside observer it looks like the sharks are circling.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

https://patribotics.blog/2017/04/16...of-donald-trump-offering-treason-for-hacking/
- Cliffs notes - it's not pee tapes that is incriminating. It's a Help Me Obi-Vlad, you're my only hope! transmission from Trump begging for election hacking help in exchange for relaxed sanctions. This author thinks it's the "real" concrete evidence held by several in the international intelligence community.

If any of that is true, then it just shows how dumb and incompetent the Trump team is considering that there is literally no upside and only extreme fallout for this plan: Russia would be hacking and interfering with the US election anyway. Why toss yourself into the pot, which would only serve to incriminate you? :D

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
If any of that is true, then it just shows how dumb and incompetent the Trump team is considering that there is literally no upside and only extreme fallout for this plan: Russia would be hacking and interfering with the US election anyway. Why toss yourself into the pot, which would only serve to incriminate you? :D

I find that it's an incredibly interesting obfuscation of desperation and confidence. Desperate enough to attempt it. Confident enough that they could get away away with it. Which side did they fall on more? Regardless, if any of it comes to be true this is one of the most fascinating stories we will live through.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009

There's also this article that sort of ties the knot between that mysterious server in Trump tower and what was going on with the election data hacking and targeted facebook probing.
https://patribotics.blog/2017/04/01/alfa-bank-trump-tower-and-a-social-media-impeachment/

If any of this comes out to be true, this is a story that seems even too crazy for a fiction movie.
So president Pence then.

Pens1566

Lifer
Oct 11, 2005

Same person that broke the FISA warrant story day before the election. Odd source, but she hasn't been wrong since. I think the central theme of converging arrogance/stupidity is a very accurate description of the targets.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Which is stupid because they shouldn't get rewarded for treason. It's a total joke. It's too bad the Constitution doesn't lay out anything in that case.

From what little I understand, the Constitution kinda hints that an Election should take place, but an earlier Precedent merely had the VP take over.

Younigue

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2017
Big chance I'm wrong but I don't think it's unreasonable to think that Pence was chosen for this exact reason. I know Trump chose Pence but it was with prodding and just the right amount of stroking that made that happen, yes? Again, I'm guessing but wasn't Pence their guy with the distinct possibility that if Trump won he wouldn't be able to keep the position, for what ever reason... I don't think they gave a damn what the reason might be they were just fairly confident he wouldn't keep the job. *shrug*

But I do agree that I would like to see a new election (much shorter campaign). That won't happen though.

Last edited:

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
No need to listen to you hysterical hyperbole.
Well, there's one good reason: had you read and comprehended what I wrote, you wouldn't have posted a reply that made you look like an idiot.

Well . . . at least in quite that way.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
I 100% don't give a hot damn that Hilary lost. It's done and over with. What is going on with this President and his Yes Men is suspicious, illegal, despicable and worth investigation... which started before the election. How is it that so many Trump supporters think that Hilary supporters remain butt hurt therefore see Trump as an enemy? His own words and his own actions are cause for concern. That has zero to do with Hilary. Stop being weird. Your man is corrupt in so very many ways. That shouldn't be celebrated or supported just because he's a "Republican". The man is whatever he needs to be in the moment to win, to earn, to gain and every day he not only shows it to his non-supporters but to his supporters as well. Brainwashed do mean dumb, don't be either. Deal?
He's not "my man". I never voted for Cheeto Jesus.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
So much hysteria, so little time.
Hey, as far as I'm concerned the hysterical meltdown of the left is one of only two non-sucky things about the Trump Presidency. If I'm riding the Titanic to the bottom, at least there's an amusing floor show.

alien42

Lifer
Nov 28, 2004
Hey, as far as I'm concerned the hysterical meltdown of the left is one of only two non-sucky things about the Trump Presidency. If I'm riding the Titanic to the bottom, at least there's an amusing floor show.

sad, there is no "historical meltdown" while in reality Trump has had the least successful start of any modern day President and you are so cool with that you will go down with the boat.

wtf? this post truth Trump world is fucking bizarre.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013

What an odd country we live in, where liberals and the Federal Bureau of Investigation, who I'm told are mostly careerists who are right of center, have both gone batshit insane over the exact same issue at the same time. Who knew they were both crazy in precisely the same way!

crashtech

Lifer
Jan 4, 2013
sad, there is no "historical meltdown" while in reality Trump has had the least successful start of any modern day President and you are so cool with that you will go down with the boat.

wtf? this post truth Trump world is fucking bizarre.
The reason you speak uncomprehendingly of "reality" is because the modern Internet surrounds you comfortingly with things that you believe in. Sadly, outside our self-created online bubbles, countless other separate realities lie. Somewhere there is the true core of hard, cold facts that lie like the inverse of the mythical pot of gold at the end of a soiled rainbow. Many claim it, but few find it.

alien42

Lifer
Nov 28, 2004
The reason you speak uncomprehendingly of "reality" is because the modern Internet surrounds you comfortingly with things that you believe in. Sadly, outside our self-created online bubbles, countless other separate realities lie. Somewhere there is the true core of hard, cold facts that lie like the inverse of the mythical pot of gold at the end of a soiled rainbow. Many claim it, but few find it.

i hate to tell you this, but you are describing yourself to a T. our current President has a long history of citing Alex Jones, and you think i have a problem with reality, that is rich.

let me ask you a very simple question, what is your opinion on Russia hacking and influencing our election process?

crashtech

Lifer
Jan 4, 2013
i hate to tell you this, but you are describing yourself to a T. our current President has a long history of citing Alex Jones, and you think i have a problem with reality, that is rich.

let me ask you a very simple question, what is your opinion on Russia hacking and influencing our election process?
You ask me a trite little question about one of the reflections from your bubble to prove your mastery of your own reality? It's a shame, we may as well be living on different planets. Do you really believe anyone could describe themselves accurately in four sentences? Can you not see how many implicit judgments you would have to unconsciously make to come to that conclusion?

alien42

Lifer
Nov 28, 2004
You ask me a trite little question about one of the reflections from your bubble to prove your mastery of your own reality?

if you are unable to express your opinion or what you believe to be facts, don't blame me. own your own failures.

It's a shame, we may as well be living on different planets. Do you really believe anyone could describe themselves accurately in four sentences? Can you not see how many implicit judgments you would have to unconsciously make to come to that conclusion?

i live on planet earth, not sure about you and who said anything about four sentences? from the posts of yours i have read and recall, i have made plenty of judgments about you and consciously so. the irony is that you just did what you then attempted to castigate me for doing. you sound so far disconnected from reality that there is no chance you will ever find it.

crashtech

Lifer
Jan 4, 2013
i live on planet earth, not sure about you and who said anything about four sentences? from the posts of yours i have read and recall, i have made plenty of judgments about you and consciously so. the irony is that you just did what you then attempted to castigate me for doing. you sound so far disconnected from reality that there is no chance you will ever find it.
Actually, it was you that claimed that I described myself to a "T" in my four sentence post. I suppose I ought to apologize at this point, while you fashion yourself an "alien," we nonetheless remain mired in the basest of worldly concerns. I've been overly aggressive in my attempt to sensitize you to the existence of realities beyond the bubble. Maybe next time you may be persuaded to revisit one or two of those judgments you say you've made.

Younigue

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2017
Lol about this bubble concept. I live in a world with all different kinds of people. I assume you do as well. Few people can isolate themselves so profoundly as to not experience differing opinions, cultures, class, philosophies, economical disparity... Political views. Your bubble theory is a strange one.

I agree with many people on this forum but in no way do I align myself exclusively with them. It is a simplistic way to describe a group of people who disagree with you and a complete cop out on engaging in an intelligent manner and yes, both sides can be guilty of it.

Here's a bubble for you...

In my comic book "bubble" of thought it says 'get a new all-encompassing explanation for the vast majority of people who disagree with you on this forum' <--- My, that was a big bubble!

crashtech

Lifer
Jan 4, 2013
Lol about this bubble concept. I live in a world with all different kinds of people. I assume you do as well. Few people can isolate themselves so profoundly as to not experience differing opinions, cultures, class, philosophies, economical disparity... Political views. Your bubble theory is a strange one.

I agree with many people on this forum but in no way do I align myself exclusively with them. It is a simplistic way to describe a group of people who disagree with you and a complete cop out on engaging in an intelligent manner and yes, both sides can be guilty of it.

Here's a bubble for you...

In my comic book "bubble" of thought it says 'get a new all-encompassing explanation for the vast majority of people who disagree with you on this forum' <--- My, that was a big bubble!
Oh, my goodness, the vast majority, so majestic in its vastness! What should I do!?