So where do *YOU* think this Trump-Russia story is going??

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
No articles, no links, no fake news click bait and no strawman or ad hominems. I only have two questions: where do you think this Trump Russian connection investigation is going, and what do you think the truth is about what actually happened??

Personally, the more time drags on without any major piece of evidence regarding pee pee tapes, collusion or actual treason, the less likely I think these claims will hold up. The investigation is compromised, but I doubt an independent investigation will turn up anything new.

As for the truth, I've evolved my views somewhat about what actually happened. When the Steele Dossier first leaked (no pun) I was convinced America somehow elected someone so petty and sleazy that he was an easy target...and since he became a candidate for president, Putin decided this piece of kompromat had a use...

Now, however, I think the truth is something much more mundane--at worst I think we'll see evidence that Russian entities with Putin ties may have bankrolled part of Trump's campaign. I think there is a connection between Trump refusing to disclose his tax returns and Russian financing. Perhaps he's not as successful as he lets on, or perhaps Manafort suggested a scheme where Trump wouldn't have to use his own money (at least not initially) or figured out a way to obscure finding via Trump's businesses.

I'm no longer convinced that this is linked to fake news or some nefarious plot to steal the election. Sure, Putin hates Hillary and his henchmen may have opted to use fake news & hacks to further a candidate bankrolled by Russian interests, but until we see evidence of collusion I will chalk this up to Trump taking shady money and his people trying to cover it up after the fact. Someone could still go to jail for that...

Jan 25, 2011
There's a rabbit hole. Just no idea how deep it goes. Flynn looks shady as fuck. Manafort as well. Roger Stone seemed to have knowledge in advance of the timing on hacked info being leaked. There's a lot of coincidental timing on events here.

Does it rise to the level of collusion? Who knows. Probably not. But there's a lot of coincidental things here. Too many to ignore outright and just dismiss.

As for Russia? Absolutely they were trying to influence. Of that I have no doubt.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
I keep coming back to all the lying about various connections to Russia and Russian officials. It's hard to determine why these lies are being told if they aren't covering up for something.

What I believe to be true is that the Trump campaign was cozy with Russia and Putin. I don't know if there was a specific quid pro quo. I don't know the extent of the relationship. But there's a relationship there and we don't know all the facts yet.

If I had to make a prediction, I'd say there's a 50/50 chance of someone being indicted. But in all likelihood it won't be Trump himself but someone like Manafort or Flynn. Trump won't get impeached but will spend the rest of his presidency under a cloud of suspicion. That's my best guess, but the truth is there is evidence that is under lock and key right now and we don't know the quality of that evidence or what it points to. Anything can happen from total vindication of Trump to Trump behind bars, and everything in between.

Last edited:

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Like Woolfe I think someone will go down but not Trump. I believe this will be the Contra affair all over and the "little people" will swallow a bullet.

Thebobo

Lifer
Jun 19, 2006
Yea that slime bucket Eric Prince head of BlackWater, they have since changed there name cause of all the negative shit from Iraq. Just google the religious zealot who wants a war with muslims.

I believe Trump is guilty of just about everything that is said of him. I don't know what news you are watching but more sections are being proven to be true from the dossier each week. And I know you said no links but damn I can't type all this out.

Wash post April 3rd: Here’s what we know so far about Team Trump’s ties to Russian interests

Read all of that and then tell me you think it coincidental.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
This election has done two things. One, is has broke my reality compass. As in - everything that I thought was out of reach of reality was challenged and broke.

It also broke my bullshit detector in the process. This administration has perfected, weaponized and embraced bullshit. They have enshroud themselves in such a layer of bullshit that we've got used to the smell and no longer know when we should be smelling it. It's status quo.

Given both of those I no longer know what to expect. Anything could happen. Nothing could happen. I wake up each morning and check my phone just to make sure we haven't nuked something, been nuked, or see if our president was hauled out in handcuffs. I have no idea what to make of things.

I do believe the malicious meddling by Russia. That's pretty much a given. Where I'm still halfway uncertain on is the premeditated intent to collude with Team Trump and Russia. I'm leaning towards to "It's beginning to smell like treason". There's just far too many coincidences and connections to be accidental or innocent. Every. damn. day. a new link or story is broke further coloring in this paint by the numbers mural of Trump on his knees fellating Putin. Mafort, Flynn, mysterious servers in Trump tower communicating with Russian IP's (and a heathcare organziation by Devos family in Michigan). Then we have the whole other side plot of Mercer and his money and associates (Devos clan) influence completely running train on democracy and the 99% of plebes that blindly voted for them.

There's some serious bullshit going on. It's just a question if we've grown so accustomed to it at this point that we forget it's filling up the room.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Nowhere. But I am enjoying watching conservatives twist their butts into a pretzel defending Putin/Trump and defending their defending Putin/Trump. After a century of red-baiting on the part of conservatives, there's a certain je ne sais que in calling conservatives Kremlin Gremlins, Putin Pals, and fellow travelers.

Younigue

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2017
Trump is greasy as *swear word*. He is a win at all costs kind of disease-minded *swear word*. There was definite collusion it's just that Trump wouldn't call it that. Putin would if it served him to do so and then laugh maniacally. Trump would call it "The Art Of The Deal". I suspect he won't go down for it but if he does he will be utterly baffled... it's just business in his mind and that thing doesn't give one *swear words* about the people (America in this instance) who get destroyed in the process. That's him, he won't change his spots because he revels in them.

NAC4EV

Golden Member
Feb 26, 2015
CBS News has learned that U.S. investigators are looking into whether Trump campaign representatives had a role in helping Russian intelligence as it carried out cyberattacks on the Democratic National Committee and other political targets in March 2016.

This new information suggests that the FBI is going back further than originally reported to determine the extent of possible coordination. Sources say investigators are probing whether an individual or individuals connected to the campaign intentionally or unwittingly helped the Russians breach Democratic Party targets.

The CBS Bombshell

kinev

Golden Member
Mar 28, 2005
Nowhere. But I am enjoying watching conservatives twist their butts into a pretzel defending Putin/Trump and defending their defending Putin/Trump. After a century of red-baiting on the part of conservatives, there's a certain je ne sais que in calling conservatives Kremlin Gremlins, Putin Pals, and fellow travelers.

"The 1980s are now calling to ask for their foreign policy bac..."

Oh...wait.

baydude

Sep 13, 2011
Someone going to jail?

You must be delusional at thinking any government worker much less politicians are liable for crimes they commits. You have cops getting paid vacation for murder. Secretary of State getting off with no penalty for mishandling classified info. You think a POTUS will get in trouble?

alien42

Lifer
Nov 28, 2004
Someone going to jail?

You must be delusional at thinking any government worker much less politicians are liable for crimes they commits. You have cops getting paid vacation for murder. Secretary of State getting off with no penalty for mishandling classified info. You think a POTUS will get in trouble?

your world is so simple, where everything must somehow be correlated as equal when the various situations have absolutely nothing to do with each other.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Someone going to jail?

I'm from Illinois. We know how to jail governors. It *can* happen.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
New stuff coming out every day. So we'll see. But just the fact that it is going and going is great for the Democrats. Of course if we have a wave, and Senate or House flip, it will blow this wide open. But in the meantime, it's just a slow drip.

Sunburn74

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2009
Someone going to jail?

Nixon
Bill Clinton
Tom DeLay
Michael Grimm
Jack Abramoff and Bob Ney
Jim Trafficant (who was the congressional precursor of Trump in style/campaign/promises)

Last edited: