So what really happend last week with bear stearns?

NoStateofMind

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2005
Pretty decent, but many will jump all over him for his support of Ron Paul and the abolition of the FED as a private entity. He points out where the investor gets screwed down to $2 a share while JP Morgan gets a 30 billion dollar bump for the purchase of BS. Looking out for the rich and stealing from the poor. The banks have turned into modern day kings.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Careful now... people might call you a Paulbot.

When people talk of "unwinding" the economic mess, that's code for picking one group at a time to get screwed (as opposed to screwing us all at once and sinking the ship, as I'm sure LK would correct me). My response to that would be, does this kind of system REALLY build confidence? No. It seems arbitrary and unfair. And that's because it is.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Originally posted by: PC Surgeon
Pretty decent, but many will jump all over him for his support of Ron Paul and the abolition of the FED as a private entity. He points out where the investor gets screwed down to $2 a share while JP Morgan gets a 30 billion dollar bump for the purchase of BS. Looking out for the rich and stealing from the poor. The banks have turned into modern day kings.

That's because the medieval kings were the banks. What do you think they built the castles for?

LegendKiller

Lifer
Mar 5, 2001
1. So the guy wants accountability, for everybody but Bear Stearns investors and housing owners.

2. He wants accountability, but then blames everybody else for people's own stupid decisions.

3. He wants accountability, but blames everything on Cramer.

4. He then says JPM stole from Bear, but it's JPM investors who will make money, so what difference is there? It's a zero-sum game.

5. He goes on to preach about the evils of banks, but doesn't realize BS was a part of that.

6. Then wraps up with a rant about the dollar. OMG, the dollar fluctuates, how dare it!

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Oh, I agree it was a weak rant. But I also agree that Cramer is a putz and any BS investors stupid enough to take his advice got hosed. But yeah, BS was EMC Mortgage. Those guys wrote and bought up some of the crappiest paper out there.

LegendKiller

Lifer
Mar 5, 2001
Originally posted by: Vic
Oh, I agree it was a weak rant. But I also agree that Cramer is a putz and any BS investors stupid enough to take his advice got hosed. But yeah, BS was EMC Mortgage. Those guys wrote and bought up some of the crappiest paper out there.

No doubt. I cannot stand Cramer and have always told people to avoid him like the plague.

ericlp

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2000
Originally posted by: LegendKiller
1. So the guy wants accountability, for everybody but Bear Stearns investors and housing owners.

2. He wants accountability, but then blames everybody else for people's own stupid decisions.

4. He then says JPM stole from Bear, but it's JPM investors who will make money, so what difference is there? It's a zero-sum game.

5. He goes on to preach about the evils of banks, but doesn't realize BS was a part of that.

6. Then wraps up with a rant about the dollar. OMG, the dollar fluctuates, how dare it!

At least he's got an answer for it. Unlike you... Personally I think you get way more credit here then you deserve. I guess if you want to feds to keep stealing money away from investors and that is fine with you... The world is just PEACHY... Then go ahead and keep thinking that way... I say something needs to be done. I don't care for sneaky feds to manipulate the market on a SUNDAY! If you don't think this is rigged then your totally insane ... If you think it's just great then please stop trolling in my threads... Thanks...

Cause as far as I am concerned your views are totally bullshit...

LegendKiller

Lifer
Mar 5, 2001
Originally posted by: ericlp
Originally posted by: LegendKiller

At least he's got an answer for it. Unlike you... Personally I think you get way more credit here then you deserve. I guess if you want to feds to keep stealing money away from investors and that is fine with you... The world is just PEACHY... Then go ahead and keep thinking that way... I say something needs to be done. I don't care for sneaky feds to manipulate the market on a SUNDAY! If you don't think this is rigged then your totally insane ... If you think it's just great then please stop trolling in my threads... Thanks...

Cause as far as I am concerned your views are totally bullshit...

Any idiot can toss out bullshit answers and make them look good. He's the Dave McOwen of this issue. If you want to listen to that, then go right ahead.

You think he has answers because you refuse to acknowledge any other option besides what agrees with your narrow minded perspective. I have the knowledge, education, and experience, to shoot down every one of those ideas and do so again and again.

Your whole thread is a troll, I'm just the guy cleaning up your bullcrap mess.

As far as I am concerned, you don't know enough to counter me and have to resort to YouTube videos of things you hardly understand. Your rebut is to attack me, not my points, which is why you'll fail to convince anybody but fringies and conspiracy theorists.

I get more credit because I post something other than your tripe above. The only ones who don't like what I post are CTs and fringies. Have fun being that the remainder of your life.

ericlp

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2000
just keep your rosy tainted glasses on.... How is it my mess it's not even my views ... I think he has a lot of good points or I wouldn't have posted it. But I am not about to think the dude is a loser ... I am sure he is more educated then you are. I don't see you making video's about how it really happened ... Your just an "excuse...One right after another" waiting to happen...

That's how I view you... No one can predict what's going to happen but this guy is on the right track...

The reason why I don't attack your points because it's a waste of time.... If you fail to see any good in any of it don't come crying to me...

LegendKiller

Lifer
Mar 5, 2001
just keep your rosy tainted glasses on.... How is it my mess it's not even my views ... I think he has a lot of good points or I wouldn't have posted it. But I am not about to think the dude is a loser ... I am sure he is more educated then you are. I don't see you making video's about how it really happened ... Your just an "excuse...One right after another" waiting to happen...

That's how I view you... No one can predict what's going to happen but this guy is on the right track...

The reason why I don't attack your points because it's a waste of time.... If you fail to see any good in any of it don't come crying to me...

ahh yes, my "rosy colored glasses" get real. Just because I don't run around claiming panic doesn't mean I don't think things are bad. Only a tool like you, who believes in videos like above, would conceive of that despite all evidence to the contrary.

You don't counter the points because you'd be ripped to shreds and you know it.

ericlp

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2000
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...dCrFqE&feature=related

I don't have a problem with Jim. I agree with both Ron and Jim on these issues with the feds / congress. I think it's stupid to have a monetary system that is not accountable for it's decisions and actions. People are not not waking up to see how corrupt the fed is. I'm tired of this central bank manipulating the dollar with no checks ... I think we should let the world free market determine the interest rates and let a bank fail... But keep your glasses on when you watch this too that is even if you do...

LegendKiller

Lifer
Mar 5, 2001

I don't have a problem with Jim. I agree with both Ron and Jim on these issues with the feds / congress. I think it's stupid to have a monetary system that is not accountable for it's decisions and actions. People are not not waking up to see how corrupt the fed is. I'm tired of this central bank manipulating the dollar with no checks ... I think we should let the world free market determine the interest rates and let a bank fail... But keep your glasses on when you watch this too that is even if you do...

We need a regurgitation icon for all you guys.

This'll have to do.

:disgust:

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004

The Fed is representative in that it is accountable to Congress, which we elect.

NoStateofMind

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2005
Originally posted by: bamacre

The Fed is representative in that it is accountable to Congress, which we elect.

Uhh yeah, like Congress has oversight....DUH!

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004

Well, what I mean is, Congress can pass laws to allow more oversight, or even do away with the Fed all together.

NoStateofMind

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2005

Well, what I mean is, Congress can pass laws to allow more oversight, or even do away with the Fed all together.

Bite the hand that feeds?

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004

That works both ways. If there is enough pressure put on Congress via their electors, then something would get done.

But that brings us back to the real problem, the American voters. :D

NoStateofMind

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2005

That works both ways. If there is enough pressure put on Congress via their electors, then something would get done.

Congress is submissive to the people? You mean like how we are withdrawing troops now?

ericlp

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2000
The Fed is representative in that it is accountable to Congress, which we elect. Really? Wow, I didn't know that!!! Thanks, maybe we will have a debate on who witch group is more corrupt?

yeah just like bush is responsible for going into Iraq, The decider.... I guess when he fucks up and he does so daily... We elected him (not me I didn't vote for him X2)... But someone else did... So who has checks and balances on him? It's a bunch of shit.

No one has answered the questions... How do you wake up on a Sunday when the markets are closed to find that the feds just approved that a buy out of a bank @ 2 dollars a share? If those were your shares I would imagine you wouldn't be too happy about that! Yeah we elected congress ... And where was Congress on sunday? Did they all come in on that sunday and approve the fed to do this?

I don't get it... Reason? It's obvious that we the people have lost control... We don't control anything... Tables are tilted and the system is rigged....

I'm just trying to pass it along. You want to get this red white and blue flag being jammed up your ass all day long... Go right ahead... I'm not down with that...

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004

Congress is submissive to the people? You mean like how we are withdrawing troops now?

Like I said, that brings us back to the American voters. If 70% want out of Iraq, then vote for someone who will keep them there, that's their own stupidity.

NoStateofMind

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2005

Like I said, that brings us back to the American voters. If 70% want out of Iraq, then vote for someone who will keep them there, that's their own stupidity.

The way you make it sound is that politicians are not swayed by public opinion and are set in one way. This train of thought assumes that the voters voted for people who were pro Iraq war. To also assume that public opinion should or has/have no effect on current legislation or war is giving into the status quo. Congress is held to represent the people and when 70% of the population is against a war, it is Congress' duty to appease the populace. Your argument is that we should vote them out and find others that will represent the people. But Congress is broken in many ways, whether it be by way of MIC, favors, long standing power structures or the almighty dollar. Few and far between do we find noble and honest men in position to make a change for the better and works for the people. That minority is easily squashed by the powerful majority already in place. Get with the program or get out. You still have faith in the representative government, I wish I shared your confidence.