So what is/was your major

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
ECE is pretty fun though. I could pick that stuff up myself as well, but it's nice to have access to labs and all that.

by your own argument you could...

I got over 100% on a Squalus acanthias just reading, next highest on a class the mostly ended up graduating with MD's was less that 80%...I learned it all by watching my classmates (sharks stink and I was dating heavily then)...I also took out the semicircular canals intact.

I also design two major structures fire sprinkler systems as a mechanical engineering intern....

and accepted to pharmacy school as a 2 year college student.

Longkid

Dec 9, 2004
Mechanical (Structural Concentraction) Engineering Major
Architectural Engineering Minor
Class of 06

IEC

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Jun 10, 2004
For me, what will be my major(s):

One of the following, two of the folllowing, or >2 of the following (who knows?):

1. Biology
2. Biochemistry
3. Physics
4. Psychology
5. Sociology
6. History
7. Business
8. Mathematics
9. Statistics
10. BA
11. BS

As you can see, I've got a bit of narrowing down to do :D

Jpark

Platinum Member
Nov 15, 2003
was a computer science major but changed (couldn't handle the thought of working indoors in a cubicle(sp) for the rest of my life)

I'm now a natural resource management major with a minor in land surveying.

I'm debating on going on and getting a professional engineering degree. has anyone else done this? if so what was it like? course load and such.

mplutodh1

Nov 26, 2004
Management Information Systems at Western Washington University with a Website Manager certification from the Internet Studies Center.

joedogma

Nov 24, 2004
Originally posted by: elbosco
Originally posted by: dionx
is Premed an actual major at some colleges? otherwise, i think people are pretentious when they say "premed" instead of their actual major

It's not a major at mine. The advisors just slap a label on you and recommend a few courses you should take.

Same here, I received a BS in biochemistry before I went to medical school but I guess I was "premed" b/c I took the prerequisite courses for medical school admission. It is a pretentious thing to say but the ladies like it I guess...;)

MySoS

Dec 7, 2004
Originally posted by: ariafrost
For me, what will be my major(s):

One of the following, two of the folllowing, or >2 of the following (who knows?):

1. Biology
2. Biochemistry
3. Physics
4. Psychology
5. Sociology
6. History
7. Business
8. Mathematics
9. Statistics
10. BA
11. BS

As you can see, I've got a bit of narrowing down to do :D

Do Statistics and Business

elbosco

Jul 17, 2004
Originally posted by: joedogma
Originally posted by: elbosco
Originally posted by: dionx
is Premed an actual major at some colleges? otherwise, i think people are pretentious when they say "premed" instead of their actual major

It's not a major at mine. The advisors just slap a label on you and recommend a few courses you should take.

Same here, I received a BS in biochemistry before I went to medical school but I guess I was "premed" b/c I took the prerequisite courses for medical school admission. It is a pretentious thing to say but the ladies like it I guess...;)

What school?

SUBxWRX

Aug 23, 2001
Cybernetics ==> not sure what concentration yet. Either Biomedical systems or neuroscience/systems

May 16, 2000
Originally criminal justice, then computer science.

Now I'm majoring in History, minoring in physics, and will eventually get a masters in education.