So what happens to the stripper in the Duke LAX case?

Syringer

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
The prosecutor has offered his apology..wtf is the stripper in all of this? SHE's the bitch who started this whole mess and chaos, effectively ruining the lives for these players for about a year, scarring them for life.

She is just as responsible as the prosecutor, if not more so, for what now appear to be completely false accusations for no other reason than greed. Where's her apology, or better yet, where's her punishment?

And on that note, wtF is Al Sharpton, Nancy Grace, and all the other jackasses who were ready to hang these Duke guys right at the start?

It's rare that I agree with Bill O'Reilly, but he really pwned Sharpton here.

Demon-Xanth

Lifer
Feb 15, 2000
I agree that there needs to be some liability here. She drug thier asses through the mud and across the media costing them something like $3M in legal bills. She needs to spend some time behind bars or something.

moshquerade

No Lifer
Nov 1, 2001
Unfortunately, no one dares to touch Crystal Gail Mangum although it's admitted widely and freely that she SHOULD be prosecuted.

In nonlegal speak, she lied! But she walks free.

George Parry, a former federal and state prosecutor now in private practice in Philadelphia, told me that North Carolina law stipulates that Mangum can be charged with false reports to law-enforcement agencies, a Class 2 misdemeanor punishable by up to six months in prison.

And he added: "Even though Crystal Gail Mangum set this train wreck in motion, it appears that she has 'Tawana Brawley immunity' from prosecution. Thanks to racial politics, she belongs to a protected class of false declarants whom law enforcement will not dare to touch."

Let's hope it's a fear law enforcement will soon overcome. Until it does, the tracks through Durham remain un-cleared.
http://www.tallahassee.com/app...707040308/1006/OPINION

Syringer

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
Originally posted by: moshquerade
Unfortunately, no one dares to touch Crystal Gail Mangum although it's admitted widely and freely that she SHOULD be prosecuted.

In nonlegal speak, she lied! But she walks free.

George Parry, a former federal and state prosecutor now in private practice in Philadelphia, told me that North Carolina law stipulates that Mangum can be charged with false reports to law-enforcement agencies, a Class 2 misdemeanor punishable by up to six months in prison.

And he added: "Even though Crystal Gail Mangum set this train wreck in motion, it appears that she has 'Tawana Brawley immunity' from prosecution. Thanks to racial politics, she belongs to a protected class of false declarants whom law enforcement will not dare to touch."

Let's hope it's a fear law enforcement will soon overcome. Until it does, the tracks through Durham remain un-cleared.
http://www.tallahassee.com/app...707040308/1006/OPINION

Great article..

She needs to be punished for the damage she has done to our judicial system and the potential harm she has caused real rape victims. It's often said rape victims are assaulted twice - once by the perpetrator, and again by the judicial process. Fear of this process, which can become a referendum on the lifestyle of the "victim," leads some to choose not to prosecute.

So very true. Women who falsely accuse men of rape are not only doing the "suspect" in this case a grave injustice, but women all around who DO get raped and are too scared to do anything about it.

slsmnaz

Diamond Member
Mar 13, 2005
Originally posted by: Syringer

And on that note, wtF is Al Sharpton, Nancy Grace, and all the other jackasses who were ready to hang these Duke guys right at the start?
[/L]

They should be prosecuted as well.

maziwanka

Lifer
Jul 4, 2000
to tell you the truth OP, i wouldn't be surprised if the prosecutor orchestrated this whole mess.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Originally posted by: slsmnaz

[/L]

They should be prosecuted as well.

you will notice all of them have kept quite on it.

DougK62

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2001
It's rare that I agree with Bill O'Reilly, but he really pwned Sharpton here.

Hah - that's awesome. Although I think that O'Reilly is a smug asshole, he regularly does some hardcore ownage on people who really deserve it.

Shadowknight

Diamond Member
May 4, 2001
Crap, so... she's even immune to perjury for lying in court? Does the 'Tawana Brawley immunity' mean she's also immune to being sued into non-existence for defamation of character? That's pretty much an open and closed case there.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Originally posted by: Shadowknight
Crap, so... she's even immune to perjury for lying in court? Does the 'Tawana Brawley immunity' mean she's also immune to being sued into non-existence for defamation of character? That's pretty much an open and closed case there.

she is not immune to nothing. they can legelly go after her. they just won't because she is a poor black women. Anyone that goes after her is going to be ran down so hard in the media by people its not even funny.

kevnich2

Platinum Member
Apr 10, 2004
She SHOULD be in jail, but since our legal system is so screwed up as it is and the ones that are protected are usually the bad ones themselves, nothing will happen. Lawyers will line up to take a case like this to put a man behind jail for rape but when the table is turned and they find out hey, she made it up, guess what, everyone goes silent and slowly leaves the room with the guy standing there in awe saying, "um, what about me, you screwed up my life now?"

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Originally posted by: IcebergSlim
probably smoking crack and hooking just like she was before the case.

no doubt. she had already gotten re-knocked-up soon after the case initially blitzed through the media.

steppinthrax

Diamond Member
Jul 17, 2006
This whole thing is a black/white thing and she tried to play the race card. It pisses me off just to imagine someone so low as her to mess up the lives of someone so high as them. She low level stripper. They are successful duke students who had their lives ahead of them. All black organizations screamed how she was getting mistreated. As a result of the dropped charges you to hear them revert and say sorry?

moshquerade

No Lifer
Nov 1, 2001
Originally posted by: Cattlegod
did they release her name?

read my prior post, it's there.

as soon as her story changed, and it was realized she was a liar and not a victim, her name wasn't protected by the media anymore.

moshquerade

No Lifer
Nov 1, 2001
Originally posted by: 0roo0roo
didn't the feminist groups back her up as well?

i think you are referring to a group of left wing elitist nutty professors at Duke who were deemed the "Gang of 88" (must've been 88 of them) who backed her and took out full page ads condemning these young men.