So... what exactly "is" a NEVER TRUMPER?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
I'm a "never Trump-er"

As many did, I declared that I am a "never Trump-er" before he became the Republican nominee. Strangely, many so-called "never Trump-ers" boarded the Trump train anyway when he became the front runner / nominee (my mother among them). Hypocrites.
Honestly, I think many independents/moderates voted Trump just to "stir things up a little" and he will lose 90% of those votes if he makes it to another election. if folks did a little homework and learned he's filed bankruptcy multiple times, burned every single US bank to the point he cannot borrow from any anymore, refuses to present a single tax return, they might have thought twice.

Reactions: Muse and Ichinisan

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
"Never Trumper" is the alternative timeline where Trump ... well, never was.

Feb 16, 2005
Me. I am a never trumper. I have been since I became aware of his existence. He's scum, he's always been scum, he always will be scum. He has zero redeeming characteristics. Fuck him, fuck his greedy, incredibly stupid family (save for Barron, he's young and there's a chance).
They could all fall into a 3 mile deep chasm and the world would be a much, much, much better place. Melania too

Reactions: Muse and TeeJay1952

Puffnstuff

Lifer
Mar 9, 2005
What I find the most disheartening about all of this is that his base deliberately ignores any facts that are contrary to their desired beliefs. This confirmation bias is exhibited daily by my parents who condemn anyone that doesn't agree with their chosen beliefs and ideas on anything at all.

Reactions: Muse and BUTCH1

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Honestly, I think many independents/moderates voted Trump just to "stir things up a little" and he will lose 90% of those votes if he makes it to another election. if folks did a little homework and learned he's filed bankruptcy multiple times, burned every single US bank to the point he cannot borrow from any anymore, refuses to present a single tax return, they might have thought twice.
The facts do boggle the mind and on a daily basis. Just the standard network news casts him (with facts, not bias IMO) as horrid. I don't know what's gonna happen on election day, I gotta hope the Democrats come up with someone they can and do rally around wholeheartedly and that enough of the country accepts to unseat the incumbent.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Fake news.

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004

What baffles me about politics, and this isn't just a US thing, is the number people who'll vote for a bad candidate simply because they feel it's the other side's "turn," or because they expected miracles that weren't going to happen. "Well, the Democrat didn't cure cancer or put a Mercedes in my driveway, so I'll vote for the Republican who'll screw me over to protect his wealthy buddies (and himself)."

I'd argue that the greatest danger to a democratic country is an uninformed electorate. Even a minority of them can lead to the election of terrible candidates.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
What baffles me about politics, and this isn't just a US thing, is the number people who'll vote for a bad candidate simply because they feel it's the other side's "turn," or because they expected miracles that weren't going to happen. "Well, the Democrat didn't cure cancer or put a Mercedes in my driveway, so I'll vote for the Republican who'll screw me over to protect his wealthy buddies (and himself)."

I'd argue that the greatest danger to a democratic country is an uninformed electorate. Even a minority of them can lead to the election of terrible candidates.
Sometimes I get this feeling that most school systems have not had civics courses for the last 25 years or so.

Reactions: soundforbjt

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000

Yea, good point, and with Trump's obvious racist views the "I hate that a black man was POTUS" crowd their vote was a given.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Never Trumpers were a thing back in the 2016 primaries. "We'll never nominate Trump!" That's when they found out that they'd made their base crazier than they'd imagined possible. Trump stole 'em. Grabbed 'em by the pussy & they just swooned, fell head over heels in love.

The GOP leadership & punditry were already so corrupt that the vast majority just kissed the ring & started lying for him just like they've always lied about everything else. All that Never Trumper talk is just a bad memory. Trump now owns them & obviously has no intention of taking it easy on them. He'll do any fucking thing he wants & they have to back him up. He'll just beat it out of them if they don't.

Feb 16, 2005
Never Trumpers were a thing back in the 2016 primaries. "We'll never nominate Trump!" That's when they found out that they'd made their base crazier than they'd imagined possible. Trump stole 'em. Grabbed 'em by the pussy & they just swooned, fell head over heels in love.

The GOP leadership & punditry were already so corrupt that the vast majority just kissed the ring & started lying for him just like they've always lied about everything else. All that Never Trumper talk is just a bad memory. Trump now owns them & obviously has no intention of taking it easy on them. He'll do any fucking thing he wants & they have to back him up. He'll just beat it out of them if they don't.
this is the correct answer

GullyFoyle

Diamond Member
Dec 13, 2000
What we are seeing today is the Demoncrats attempting to overthrow the executive branch of the US government. What you are witnessing is an attempted coup. Wake up and Stand up, don't be their chorus. Learn to recognize where the evil is coming from.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
What we are seeing today is the Demoncrats attempting to overthrow the executive branch of the US government. What you are witnessing is an attempted coup. Wake up and Stand up, don't be their chorus. Learn to recognize where the evil is coming from.
Stand up for Putin or stand by the Constitution, this shouldn't be a difficult choice for American politicians yet somehow, it is.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

We're just trying to remove the chief executive by Constitutional means. You do believe in the Constitution, right?

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018

Yep
Pretty much what they said about Hitler...

And then, there was D–Day.

Puffnstuff

Lifer
Mar 9, 2005
I hope you're joking....you are joking right?

Nov 25, 2013

The above has been brought to you by the Ministry of Culture and Public Enlightenment. No facts and only 10 calories per serving.

Reactions: soundforbjt

m8d

Nov 5, 2012
For those having trouble understanding Trumpese, here’s a quick translation guide...

“The very best people” = sycophants, stooges & felons

“Never Trumpers” = career civil servants, honest human beings, patriots,