So what do you need now to play counter strike ???

leeland

Diamond Member
Dec 12, 2000
i have the old retail game...the original game....

just curious if it is even worth downloading the game, i haven't played for over a year since there was so much crap going on with it...just curious if any changes have come about ?

thanks in advance

leeland

bub

Oct 9, 1999
Besides your original Half-Life w/key, you need the following 2 FREE updates:

1. hl1110.exe (Half-Life)
2. csv15full.exe (Counter-Strike)
3. maybe some buy scripts, etc. Go here: http://www.csimmortals.com/

Install your original Half-Life
Update to hl1110
install csv15full
That's it!

Good Luck

Slogun

Platinum Member
Jul 4, 2001
If you haven't played in over a year, then you will notice a big difference in the reduction of cheating, thanks to HL Guard and VAC (valve anti-cheat).
These are both server/network side and you need to nothing special to take advantage of them.

Also, you need to get into practice so you can jump right into CS1.6 due out in March which will be the multiplayer equivalent of Valve's new CS Condition Zero single player, also due in March.

Bojangles139

Jan 6, 2003
Originally posted by: Slogun
If you haven't played in over a year, then you will notice a big difference in the reduction of cheating, thanks to HL Guard and VAC (valve anti-cheat).
These are both server/network side and you need to nothing special to take advantage of them.

Ha! <shakes head> try again. it stopped a lot of the older cheats, but newer ones sprang in their place.

brandon

EDIT: its a great game, but if you haven't been playing for a long time, its very frusturating. VERY steep learning curve just cause people are obessive and play for 6+ hours and will own you. just keep playing, don't get frusturated and don't be afraid to change servers often to find some at your own level of playing. its the only fps that i play online, the rest are just mindless frag fests (course, more times then not, CS turns into that as well :-( )

Slogun

Platinum Member
Jul 4, 2001
Mr. Bojangles,

You are speaking to someone who has played CS since it's inception, has run a dedicated CS server for years and plays daily.

Yes, there are new cheats devised all the time by the script kiddies. The point I made however is valid. The poster will notice that there is FAR less cheating going on in CS than when he last played, so much less than one year ago as to be relatively negligible.

Muzzy

Mar 22, 2001
Yeah, go for it. Less cheating now, but you can never get rid of all of them......I hate cheaters, terrorists,.......I wrote a buyscript if you're interest. You can dl it here. Not the best one, but better than nothing.

Bojangles139

Jan 6, 2003
I guess *I* haven't noticed less cheaters. i do know i can spot them a lot easier since i tried a few out a month ago, so i guess i just have started spotting'em a lot more and realize when i've been cheated. :) all i know is no better feeling then beating a cheat. :-D

brandon

P.S. don't cheat, its just boring, seriously. :-(