so what do you do for a living?

Gooberlx2

Lifer
May 4, 2001
just curious what everyone out there is doing to support themselves, be it IT, janitorial, Wal-mart, etc...

I, for one, am in Animal Care. I was an aquarium intern for the last 6 months and am now working in a temporary position there. They asked me to stay on while a full-time position opens up (so hopefully I'll be able to kinda slide into that...*crossing fingers*).

dullard

Elite Member
May 21, 2001
Currently: Grad Student - PhD in chemical engineering

1 month from now: Senior Engineer at a local intelectual property company (not enough resources to manufacture their ideas, but just license them out for others to make).

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Jackoff of all trades IT guy. One man wrecking crew for 2 corporate offices and upwards of 40 remote locations.

KarenMarie

Elite Member
Sep 20, 2003
My b/f is an owner operator. He delivers fuel and various HazMat stuff. I do all his bookeeping and keep the tax man happy and all his bills paid.

My father owns ...hmmm... well he owns a limousine company, but not like most ppl think. His company does not do weddings and proms or stuff like that. It is all executives, and it is all reservations only. Basically it is a bunch of millionaire clients that have been with him for 15+ years that pay anywhere between $55.00 an hour (sedan) to $120.00 and hour (big luxury vehicles). I run the office. Dispatch, bookeeping, etc etc.

I turned a bedroom into an office and work from home, usually in my pj's till afternoon ;)! And my time is my own... I often answer the phones from the mall or supermarket or something. And I have total job security. I mean, who is gonna fire me, my father or my b/f? :)

Thing is, I am bored to death by all of it. Hate it hate it hate it!

hevnsnt

Lifer
Mar 18, 2000
I work on a CIRT (Computer Incident Response Team) for a large telecomunications company. Basically I track & bust hackers & viruses. :) Happy to talk about it cause I just got the job a few months ago

mundane

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2002
Senior CS student, work at a greenhouse / landscaping business in the off-season.

Currently serving a coop - research, software design, and programming for a small company.