So we went fishing in the Gulf yesterday for 6+ hours....

aphex

Moderator<br>All Things Apple
Jul 19, 2001
We hit up Sarasota Bay, Egmont Key, Ft. Desoto, Sunshine Skyway Bridge, & Anna Maria Island.

In our 6+ hours (7am - 1pm) we managed to catch the following;

Partially deflated basketball
Medium Sized Seagull

Pretty piss poor fishermen if you ask me :) :beer:

PottedMeat

Lifer
Apr 17, 2002
In a boat? Or off piers? Or side of the road?

If it was in a boat, that would suck. But either of the others thats better than what I get. Well actually one time I caught a ~8" nasty catfish in the polluted as hell Hudson river off some rocks. Wonder what kind of heavy metals it had.

...was the seagull good eatin'?

fuzzybabybunny

Moderator<br>Digital & Video Cameras
Jan 2, 2006
You know you're awesome when you go fishing and catch a bird instead :p

aphex

Moderator<br>All Things Apple
Jul 19, 2001
Originally posted by: So
Was the seagull alive?

yea, we had to reel it in through the water for a good 20 feet, but when we got it up into the boat it was fine. Just had to put on some gloves and hold it while we got it to release the lure. It wasn't actually attached afaik, he was just holding it in his mouth.

Got it out and he flew away just fine. The damn thing dove straight for it from about 20-30 feet up, bastard seagull :)

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Originally posted by: aphex
Originally posted by: So
Was the seagull alive?

yea, we had to reel it in through the water for a good 20 feet, but when we got it up into the boat it was fine. Just had to put on some gloves and hold it while we got it to release the lure. It wasn't actually attached afaik, he was just holding it in his mouth.

Got it out and he flew away just fine. The damn thing dove straight for it from about 20-30 feet up, bastard seagull :)

Mine?