So Wal-Mart Site-To-Store sucks

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Titan, Jun 11, 2009.

1. Titan

Titan Golden Member

So I ordered a chair from them that was online only. I decided to save a few bucks and have the free shipping to my local wal-mart only 3 miles away. I figure if it has any problems I can return it. The order was placed June 1st.

Their online tracking tells me is starts out in upstate, NY, then makes it a distribution center over in southern NH, that was noon monday.

Either it hasn't made it to my store yet (I have a friend who knows local receiving and says their truck comes in tuesday nights) or it's at the store and they take forever to process it. And/or their website tracking system sucks because updates are dated at least 2 days ago. I went to the local service desk and they said I need to check online. I'm wondering if I won't get the required email I need promptly because of a slow system.

Granted, this is before their deadline of the June 16th, but this process just takes too long considering my state is adjacent.

I won't be choosing this option again. Next time, I'll pay for ground and get it in 4 days.

2. Phokus

Phokus Lifer

stop buying from walmart

3. krylon

krylon Diamond Member

4. Titan

Titan Golden Member

They were the only ones who had this exact product in stock, so I pulled the trigger.

Am I crying? yes. Learning to not use them again.

5. Old Hippie

Old Hippie Diamond Member

If you bought that gaming floor chair, please post a pic of you in the chair and trying to get out of it.

6. Titan

Titan Golden Member

Yes, I bought the chair. I found reviews of people who were 6'4 and 280 pounds saying ti fit them just fine, so I pulled the trigger. I think the dimensions weren't represented properly in the old thread.

I'll entertain the idea of pics.

7. mugs

mugs Lifer

For a company that's supposed to have such an amazing inventory system, it's surprising to me that Walmart isn't able to do in-store pickup of in-stock items. The only reason I can think of is that they don't want a price discrepancy between walmart.com and the local stores to cause stores to run out of stuff.

8. Titan

Titan Golden Member

ooh tracking update!

After sitting in a distribution center in Raymond, NH for 3 days, it finally is on the way to my store some 3 hours away. Which probably means I'll get it by next monday.

9. oiprocs

oiprocs Diamond Member

Do they, like, sell walls there?

10. Bacstar

Bacstar Golden Member

I went in-store to order a S&W 22a. Salesman behind the gun counter said it would take 3-days to ship from the warehouse to the store. After a week, I went back and asked them what's the hold-up, and he told me the order went out Friday, the week after I initially made the order. Check again in a few days...

After three days, I called and still no gun. I went to Sportsman's Warehouse instead and picked up a Browning Buckmark... I'm still waiting for a call and looking forward in telling the guy to...well I'll just be nice.