So, This Turtle Goes To a Barr ....

emperus

Diamond Member
Apr 6, 2012
How is any of this ethical. The Senate Majority leader privately asking the AG to do something because of political considerations (the GA Special Election).

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
Ethics? This is Washington D.C. Ethics is something you scape off your shoe with disgust before walking into the Capitol Building. Oh, sorry, good ole Mitch has some junior senator do it for him - probably about a dozen times a day.

Reactions: ch33zw1z and Pohemi

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
.... because he apparently has no backbone of his own.

Why would a hypocritical enabler do that....

Bill Barr's pride gets in the way: Trump's top lackey just blew up his own redemption tour | Salon.com

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000

The common theme of all righties is their brainwashing, a belief in an alternative reality, one created for them by right wing media.

That, not conservatives policies, is what unifies the right, a shared belief in alternative facts. This holds true for the richest right wingers and the poorest and for the smartest all the way to the dumbest.

There are a few who escape their brainwashing but even those that do, never fully escape it.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
Charles Manson writes book on secrets to a successful marriage.
Another book I must read after reading Barr's book. :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: hal2kilo

Shmee

Memory & Storage, Graphics Cards Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 13, 2008
Is he turtley enough for the turtle club?

• Haha
Reactions: ch33zw1z

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
The common theme of all righties is their brainwashing, a belief in an alternative reality, one created for them by right wing media.

That, not conservatives policies, is what unifies the right, a shared belief in alternative facts. This holds true for the richest right wingers and the poorest and for the smartest all the way to the dumbest.

^This. It was way, way better with both sides seeing the very same things, but having different approaches - an being able to compromise to an acceptable degree.

I started out on the other side. I liked the idea of a smaller federal government, because I wanted to keep more money in the my state, and I wanted my state to solve some problems on its own - and we did accomplish that in some areas (better HHS programs with better funding, for example). But it took democratic governors to accomplish that. And many republican agenda items were built on lies and deception. Now, just about all of it is either a grift or a lie - and compromise is weakness. Small government turned out to be code for cutting taxes on the wealthy and large corporations and throwing throwing some small cuts to the average family as a twisted sales pitch. It is so sad.

Many on the right purposely carved out a bizarre coalition designed to keep some clever power brokers flush with cash, but it also allows too many absolute morons to get elected to office. And it’s becoming creating a cesspool of hatred based politics, and that’s causing many democrats to respond with anger given there is no logical way to converse with many on the right. We often can’t even agree to disagree. This is just making things worse and I don’t know how the system gets back to basic solid government, reasonable compromise and a tamping down emotion in the increasingly Balkanized major parties. The rich and powerful are just too invested in preserving the chaos so that they can exploit it to increase their wealth and power across there globalized empires.

That't my 2 cents.

Reactions: ch33zw1z