So the Russians showed up.

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
The three businesses accused of the Russian troll farm operation, Internet Research Agency, Concord Management, and Concord Catering, went and hired attorneys and appear to want their day in court.
I'm shocked. I thought those indictments were a dog and pony show put on by Muller. I never thought the people involved would defend themselves. It will be interesting to see where this goes.
The story is here. I assume it's considered a tainted source, but since I stole this from another site it's all I've got (thanks WYD)
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/05/04/mueller-russia-interference-election-case-delay-570627

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
The three businesses accused of the Russian troll farm operation, Internet Research Agency, Concord Management, and Concord Catering, went and hired attorneys and appear to want their day in court.
I'm shocked. I thought those indictments were a dog and pony show put on by Muller. I never thought the people involved would defend themselves. It will be interesting to see where this goes.
The story is here. I assume it's considered a tainted source, but since I stole this from another site it's all I've got (thanks WYD)
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/05/04/mueller-russia-interference-election-case-delay-570627

Did you read the story? Its pretty shady and quite crafty what they are trying to do. It will be interesting to see how Mueller handles this.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
if any of our real militia groups were real they would march into these guys offices and gun them down.

pete6032

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2010
What kind of US lawyer would want to represent these defendents?

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
What kind of US lawyer would want to represent these defendents?

That's not really the issue. Everyone is entitled to their day in court and to be represented by a lawyer.

The issue, to me anyway, is the apparent use of our legal system to gain insight into a semi related investigation. Something just smells rotten about that in a obstruction of justice sort of way.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
That's not really the issue. Everyone is entitled to their day in court and to be represented by a lawyer.

The issue, to me anyway, is the apparent use of our legal system to gain insight into a semi related investigation. Something just smells rotten about that in a obstruction of justice sort of way.

they should be lined up and shot if found guilty of treason.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
sounds to me like the Kremlin is running interference.
Tainted sources is fine IMO when we agree that they are just that.

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
Did you read the story? Its pretty shady and quite crafty what they are trying to do. It will be interesting to see how Mueller handles this.
I read it. The reality is that it isn't shady at all. Muller has indicted them, he accused them of a crime and should be prepared to prosecute them.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
I read it. The reality is that it isn't shady at all. Muller has indicted them, he accused them of a crime and should be prepared to prosecute them.

Then you didn't read it well then. It's very shady:

"“The [U.S.] government has attempted service of the summonses by delivering copies of them to the Office of the Prosecutor General of Russia, to be delivered to the defendants,” prosecutors wrote. “That office, however, declined to accept the summonses. The government has submitted service requests to the Russian government pursuant to a mutual legal assistance treaty. To the government’s knowledge, no further steps have been taken within Russia to effectuate service.”

Mueller’s team sent a copy of the formal summons to Dubelier and Seikaly and asked them to accept it on behalf of Concord Management, but Dubelier wrote back on Monday saying that the government’s attempt to serve the summons was defective under court rules. He did not elaborate."

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

"“The [U.S.] government has attempted service of the summonses by delivering copies of them to the Office of the Prosecutor General of Russia, to be delivered to the defendants,” prosecutors wrote. “That office, however, declined to accept the summonses. The government has submitted service requests to the Russian government pursuant to a mutual legal assistance treaty. To the government’s knowledge, no further steps have been taken within Russia to effectuate service.”

Mueller’s team sent a copy of the formal summons to Dubelier and Seikaly and asked them to accept it on behalf of Concord Management, but Dubelier wrote back on Monday saying that the government’s attempt to serve the summons was defective under court rules. He did not elaborate."

I'm trying to figure out how a defendant can demand discovery when they refuse to accept the authority of the court via summons.

Reactions: ivwshane

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999

Keep reading on down a bit, the lawyers responded to that, and it appears the judge agreed with them. The hearing happens Wednesday.
I don't even pretend to know the law about any of this, but if the defense attorneys are within the bounds of the law, it's not shady. The judge gets to make that call.

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000
So Mueller got his bluff called. Awesome! He's got to know his days are numbered at this point.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I see in this the first really disturbing sign that the courts themselves may be becoming just another branch of the Republican party. I hope I am wrong but the move looks for all the world like an attempt to gather intelligence on what Muller has on Trump.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
I see in this the first really disturbing sign that the courts themselves may be becoming just another branch of the Republican party. I hope I am wrong but the move looks for all the world like an attempt to gather intelligence on what Muller has on Trump.

Trump administration has appointed over 30 judges to federal appeals and circuit courts. That's a record number. Your fear is not unwarranted. And let's just say that many of these are pushing the boundaries of competence. They are making a mockery of lifetime appointed position with rubber stampers to their agenda.

Reactions: cytg111

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Keep reading on down a bit, the lawyers responded to that, and it appears the judge agreed with them. The hearing happens Wednesday.
I don't even pretend to know the law about any of this, but if the defense attorneys are within the bounds of the law, it's not shady. The judge gets to make that call.

Trump administration has appointed over 30 judges to federal appeals and circuit courts. That's a record number. Your fear is not unwarranted. And let's just say that many of these are pushing the boundaries of competence. They are making a mockery of lifetime appointed position with rubber stampers to their agenda.

If these were judges from any other administration I wouldn't bother questioning the judges agenda but the way Congress is acting, you can't help but question what theirs motives are.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
And then there's Eric Schneiderman and his one man role playing. This country is so full of mental illness we're belly deep in creeps and assholes.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002

Eh over an 8 year period that is about 260-270 judges. Clinton, Bush II, Obama all appointed over 320 judges. And some of the number of these nominations also depends on vacancies. More vacancies means more opportunities to nominate and confirm judges.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
So Mueller got his bluff called. Awesome! He's got to know his days are numbered at this point.
I see your taking some heat for the filth you represent to other people, supporting as you do without any awareness whatsoever, the destruction of our nation. Let me remind you again as I sometimes try to remember to do, that none of what you are, say an traitor to the principles of your nation, is actually your fault. You were forced to become the piece of scum that you are, but while it's not your fault, it IS what you have become. And you are going to be shown this forever if you can't find a way to undo what was done to you. Because you are not at fault for who you are, I wish you luck. Denial only applies to yourself. Others not similarly infected as you are will see the disease as disease. There are few so free of any other form of disease themselves they can forgive.

It is at this point in such a post as this that I simply erase what I have written and maybe go sit in the yard but today I think I will just post before I do.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Eh over an 8 year period that is about 260-270 judges. Clinton, Bush II, Obama all appointed over 320 judges. And some of the number of these nominations also depends on vacancies. More vacancies means more opportunities to nominate and confirm judges.
I think the point was that Clinton Bush and Obama appointed judges and not Toads you stupid asshole.

Uups I think I need to take a walk.