So the right is using NRATV to blame Obama for the....Parkland High School shooting

Paladin3

Diamond Member
Mar 5, 2004
Absolutely ridiculous. Everyone is searching for that "common sense" quick fix that doesn't exist and working tirelessly to lay the blame for mass/school shootings at the feet of the opposition. It's disgusting.

EDIT: To be completely honest, the OP should replace the words "The right" with "NRATV host Grand Stinchfield." I'm sure a lot of folks on the right agree with him, but it's not like he was ever appointed to speak for everyone who would consider themselves part of "the right."

Until we stop turning every discussion into a fight between polarized camps we will never solve the problems that plague us.

Last edited:
Reactions: cytg111

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Absolutely ridiculous. Everyone is searching for that "common sense" quick fix that doesn't exist and working tirelessly to lay the blame for mass/school shootings at the feet of the opposition. It's disgusting.

EDIT: To be completely honest, the OP should replace the words "The right" with "NRATV host Grand Stinchfield." I'm sure a lot of folks on the right agree with him, but it's not like he was ever appointed to speak for everyone who would consider themselves part of "the right."

Until we stop turning every discussion into a fight between polarized camps we will never solve the problems that plague us.
Yea, thanks Obama.

Puffnstuff

Lifer
Mar 9, 2005
I wouldn't hold my breath waiting on that change.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I like how conservatives spent years shrieking that we couldn’t blame Bush for poor economic performance despite the financial crisis happening on his watch after 8 years of conservative governance and lax financial regulation that directly contributed to it. Apparently we can blame Obama for a random shooting perpetrated with a weapon he specifically tried to ban though, haha.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Did this dipshit forget who is in the White House, who has made it a point of pride to ignore and break laws? You know someone is out of their fucking mind when they can posit something like “This liberal ‘no discipline for rule-breakers’ policy..." and expect to be taken seriously.

It's like all these sock puppets are trying to make November as painful as possible for themselves, like they want the public to ridicule them. I almost feel bad applauding their idiocy.

Instead of doing the right thing, instead of working with us to install common-sense security in all of our schools, you continued to attack the NRA and its nearly 6 million members,” Stinchfield said, addressing Obama in the video."

Right, because that's what The Right was all about when Obama was in office - cooperation. Too funny, this guy is crazier than an outhouse rat or has been in a coma the last 20 years.

Last edited:

Puffnstuff

Lifer
Mar 9, 2005
Did this dipshit forget who is in the White House, who has made it a point of pride to ignore and break laws? You know someone is out of their fucking mind when they can posit something like “This liberal ‘no discipline for rule-breakers’ policy..." and expect to be taken seriously.

It's like all these sock puppets are trying to make November as painful as possible for themselves, like they want the public to ridicule them. I almost feel bad applauding their idiocy.
Somewhere in the back of my mind I see their confirmation biases overriding even the most convincing of evidence.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
NRA singing to the GOP choir again.

I find it hilarious that since the NRA is pretty much another political propaganda wind tunnel of the GOP spin machine, that anyone with common sense would give this arms manufacturer infested organization any credibility in regard to their talking points that are an integral and coordinated part of the well-oiled GOP Ministry of Propaganda.

The death grip that the NRA has over the GOP members that control this unified gov't of theirs is well known and has gained the notoriety that it rightly deserves. To pay homage to anything that comes out of their PR (Propaganda Relations) Dept. is to completely ignore their primary purpose of maximizing profits of the arms manufacturers.

Parse it and spin it any way you want, it really is that simple to understand.

Kneedragger

Golden Member
Feb 18, 2013
Facts are everything and the NRA's ability to influence the GOP through campaign contributions speaks volumes.

oh boy the NRA tin foil hats come back out..

Like they are the only ones that push any sort of gun legislation... :rolleyes:

IJTSSG

Golden Member
Aug 12, 2014
oh boy the NRA tin foil hats come back out..

Like they are the only ones that push any sort of gun legislation... :rolleyes:
Now, now don't confuse this issue with inconvenient facts. The OP is not to be questioned. He had a 4.0 GPA in college and is highly educated.

Kneedragger

Golden Member
Feb 18, 2013
Now, now don't confuse this issue with inconvenient facts. The OP is not to be questioned. He had a 4.0 GPA in college and is highly educated.

Interesting I've noticed here everyone also has a degree in psychology...

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
More mainstreaming of the fringe batshit by the right-wing.

Not at all surprised. The NRA my father and I joined way back when was a gun safety org than had championed responsible gun ownership and laws.

Now they are a batshit insane extremist political org promoting fear, paranoia and nationalism. They look nothing like the NRA we joined and haven't since the late 80s (but I didn't really notice until the mid 90s after the OKC bombing).

Since that first public outburst after the OKC bombing that exposed the fringe was talking over, they have gone full tin foil hat.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
It’s not the fault of the GOP that racists, gun nuts, the xenophobic, the misogynistic, Nazi lovers, tin foil fat wearers are all Republicans.

Gave me a brief mental flash of

SIMPSONSFOXNEWS.jpg

IJTSSG

Golden Member
Aug 12, 2014
Interesting I've noticed here everyone also has a degree in psychology...
Well when you spend as much time in therapy as many of them probably do, some of it's bound to rub off. Treating TDS has been a windfall for a lot of psychologists. Psychiatrists as well.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
We create what we fear. Since the fear of the NRA type is either loss of revenue from reduced gun sales or the fear of loss of a sacred cow tradition, and the fear of millions of students and parents is dying on the school grounds, we can see the beginnings of the turning of the wheel of Karma. To sleep is to be subject to the Laws of Machines. Only the conscious can step off that wheel.

dali71

Golden Member
Oct 1, 2003
Obama shares the blame for Parkland: https://www.realclearinvestigations...cipline_policy_and_the_parkland_shooting.html

Despite committing a string of arrestable offenses on campus before the Florida school shooting, Nikolas Cruz was able to escape the attention of law enforcement, pass a background check and purchase the weapon he used to slaughter three staff members and 14 fellow students because of Obama administration efforts to make school discipline more lenient.

Documents reviewed by RealClearInvestigations and interviews show that his school district in Florida’s Broward County was in the vanguard of a strategy, adopted by more than 50 other major school districts nationwide, allowing thousands of troubled, often violent, students to commit crimes without legal consequence. The aim was to slow the "school-to-prison pipeline."

“He had a clean record, so alarm bells didn’t go off when they looked him up in the system,” veteran FBI agent Michael Biasello told RCI. “He probably wouldn’t have been able to buy the murder weapon if the school had referred him to law enforcement."