So.... The DHS is now functionally illiterate too...

Jan 25, 2011
https://www.dhs.gov/news/2018/12/12/walls-work

DHS is committed to building wall and building wall quickly. We are not replacing short, outdated and ineffective wall with similar wall. Instead, under this President we are building a wall that is 30-feet high.

FACT: Prior to President Trump taking office, we have never built wall that high.

Once funding was provided, DHS began construction of border wall exceptionally quickly, in some locations in as little as nine months from funding to building– a process that commonly takes two years or more in other parts of Government. By the end of FY 2019, DHS expects to have construction completed or underway for more than 120 miles in the areas it’s most needed by the U.S. Border Patrol. The pace of construction has picked up as initial limiting factors like land acquisition and funding have been addressed.

I.... I have no words... It literally reads like it was written by Russians just to troll...

greatnoob

Jan 6, 2014
Somebody must’ve given Trump webmaster access to the DHS site because it sounds like his typical outlandish Twitter ramblings.

The level of incompetence of this admin is unbelievable, at this point satire may as well be dead

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
It’s like it was written by the Incredible Hulk, hahaha.

Remember how not that long ago our government could at least put on the illusion of basic competence?

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I honestly can’t wait for the stories that are going to come from the administration that follows this one. I think even people who are expecting a lot of shit to be uncovered will be shocked at just how bad it is.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
I honestly can’t wait for the stories that are going to come from the administration that follows this one. I think even people who are expecting a lot of shit to be uncovered will be shocked at just how bad it is.

I just had this very discussion the other day - that once a new president is in office, what's it going to be like. What are we going to find out? What skeletons are they going to find? What are we going to expect? How has our level of acceptance and expectation been changed? This presidency is affecting us in ways we don't even know yet.

Reactions: GodisanAtheist

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I just had this very discussion the other day - that once a new president is in office, what's it going to be like. What are we going to find out? What skeletons are they going to find? What are we going to expect? How has our level of acceptance and expectation been changed? This presidency is affecting us in ways we don't even know yet.

I think it will be incompetence and corruption on a scale we have never seen. I remember how leaks were very common at first and are much less so now. I suspect this is because they have gone all-out in destroying those who would leak, not because things have actually improved. (They are probably worse)

Once a new administration comes in that doesn’t care about hiding the bodies of the last we are going to see some shit.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004

Posters must include personal written commentary in P&N posts.
admin allisolm

Last edited by a moderator:
Mar 11, 2004
I think it will be incompetence and corruption on a scale we have never seen. I remember how leaks were very common at first and are much less so now. I suspect this is because they have gone all-out in destroying those who would leak, not because things have actually improved. (They are probably worse)

Once a new administration comes in that doesn’t care about hiding the bodies of the last we are going to see some shit.

Except they've already publicly shown that.

I think its less that they've taken out the leakers, and that people are now holding the shit themselves in order to save themselves legally. They can see where things are going, and they're not totally stupid. They're keeping a low profile and keeping their mouths shut other than when they'll be legally compelled to.

I don't know what people expect they'd uncover? Most of the rats will desert the ship, and they've been pretty deliberate in trying to keep a lot of their stuff under wraps or behind closed doors (Pruitt in the EPA). There'll probably be a lot of stories about how insane the Turmp people were, and shitty stuff, but doubt there's anything much more insane than we've already seen. Its not like they've tried to hide how fucked up and despicable they are deep down. I really doubt we'll get anything crazy like Turmp having a family orgy in the Oval Office.

I'd guess that most of the really interesting stuff would be known by the Intelligence Community, and I'd guess they'll keep that under wraps as it'll likely have significance for how they deal with Putin and some of these other despots.

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
I'm compelled again to imagine the country functions as Trump desires where the government is our press and access to truth absolutely restricted.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I've certainly lost any any concern that things could get worse.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
In FY18, Congress provided $1.375B for border wall construction which equates to approximately 84 miles of border wall in multiple locations across the Southwest border, including:

• $251M for secondary border wall in the San Diego Sector
  • $445M to construct new levee wall system in the Rio Grande Valley Sector
  • $196M to construct new steel bollard wall system in Rio Grande Valley Sector
  • $445M for primary pedestrian wall in San Diego, El Centro, Yuma and Tucson Sectors
Does anyone want to double-check my math? It looks like about sixteen million dollars per mile of wall.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Update: They fixed some of the grammatical errors. The propaganda assaultive of truth remains.