So Sunrocket is dead....

Reel

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2001
What next? I think the deal with my cable company would only be an extra $20/mo or so. Any other suggestions of VoIP companies?

source

Mrvile

Lifer
Oct 16, 2004
For a second there I thought an ATOT member named Sunrocket passed away.

EvilYoda

Lifer
Apr 1, 2001
Well that's just AWESOME. Probably just move the parents over to the cable company. damn.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
And to think just a couple months ago people were being told to move there when they thought vonage was going under :)

DaveJ

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 1999
Man, that sucks... I hope Vonage doesn't die too. :( I'm paying $20/mo for excellent phone service with Vonage now, and I'll be damned if I'll go crawling back to the f*#^ing telcos if Vonage goes under.

Vette73

Lifer
Jul 5, 2000
Originally posted by: Moo Cow
I still have six months left!!, I paid the $200 yearly up front.

I better get a refund!

If they filed for bankruptcy then very unlikely you get anything.

But i just went to their site and there is nothing of them going under?

FoBoT

No Lifer
Apr 30, 2001
fobot.com
Originally posted by: DaveJ
I'll be damned if I'll go crawling back to the f*#^ing telcos if Vonage goes under.

go cell phones and skype, there are boxes now to use normal phones with skype

EvilYoda

Lifer
Apr 1, 2001
Well their phone worked earlier and is off now, I just called (a cell) to inform them. @&$&#!*$

redgtxdi

Diamond Member
Jun 23, 2004
Yup, gone here too......(So Cal).

Went to use the phone & lights are off. (phone connectivity light).

Now what???

And is SR really gone??? Nobody takes up the slack??? Just seems weird to me, but maybe I'm being naive?? :confused:

SoulAssassin

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2001
My phone is still on...I've saved more than enough that if it goes off tomorrow I'm still way way ahead of the game as long as I can port my # elsewhere.

redgtxdi

Diamond Member
Jun 23, 2004
Originally posted by: SoulAssassin
My phone is still on...I've saved more than enough that if it goes off tomorrow I'm still way way ahead of the game as long as I can port my # elsewhere.

Well, same here, but that doesn't mean much if you still don't have a working phone, eh?

So who next??? Viatalk?? Cable provider??? Crawl back to Verizon & tell 'em how much you love POTS & really miss it??? :p

imported_Moo Cow

Jul 16, 2007
I just installed Skype and I will be testing it. Too bad the phone costs $150 if you don`t want to turn on the PC to use the service.
I have bare bones Verizon phone service with DSL so I`m not totally hosed and without a phone #.

Codewiz

Diamond Member
Jan 23, 2002
Great, I just signed up a few months ago for two years.....

What a ***** waste.....

Squisher

Lifer
Aug 17, 2000
My phone is still on, we'll see what happens.

BTW-the phones weren't working for like 1 1/2 hours last friday. That was the first problem I ever had with them. I wonder if that was the switch over?

ItTheCow

Apr 7, 2002
So may be that's why I'm getting that red light on my VOIP adapter. I can still dial out though; I wonder what's with that?

Goosemaster

Lifer
Apr 10, 2001
Originally posted by: preslove
I knew they wouldn't last.

Aye...you can't just give it away. There subscriber bases looks like it was too small to subsidize the new discounts

ShOcKwAvE827

Jul 28, 2001
Originally posted by: Codewiz
Great, I just signed up a few months ago for two years.....

What a ***** waste.....

contact your credit card company NOW! They may be able to help.

Yeah I see viatalk is having a deal. But in my mind i just see viatalk = sunrocket 2.

My sunrocket is still working here in Texas.