So, remember how Black Lives Matter was a non-violent, non-looty organization?

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Babididu balamupabab dopdidu?
What would you have them do that they are not already doing? Again, BLM is not a top steered cooperate experiment.
I dont think you understand how this works. How people work.

BLM is mostly a slogan used by disparate groups seeking a common goal, the end of systemic racism in policing & sentencing. It's a real thing & why anybody would be against constructive improvements baffles the mind.

alien42

Lifer
Nov 28, 2004
Justice
1 the quality of being just; righteousness, equitableness, or moral rightness:to uphold the justice of a cause.
2 rightfulness or lawfulness, as of a claim or title; justness of ground or reason:to complain with justice.
3 the moral principle determining just conduct.
4 conformity to this principle, as manifested in conduct; just conduct, dealing, or treatment.
5 the administering of deserved punishment or reward.
6 the maintenance or administration of what is just by law, as by judicial or other proceedings:a court of justice.

Can there be justice without order?

let me throw this out there, protests by their very nature are not orderly, but justice is at their very core.

jmagg

Golden Member
Nov 21, 2001
let me throw this out there, protests by their very nature are not orderly, but justice is at their very core.
Protests do not include blatant theft and destruction of property, that's called rioting. There is no order(ly) rioting. That being said, I dont believe the majority of rioters care much for the cause or a solution.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
I've never heard that. I always thought it was a Marxist organization.
BLM is mostly a slogan used by disparate groups seeking a common goal, the end of systemic racism in policing & sentencing. It's a real thing & why anybody would be against constructive improvements baffles the mind.

2016:
2020:
First, interesting lack of right wing media consumption @Greenman

Second, come on @Jhhnn . You are painting it with your context and wondering "how could it be!?". Try walking in Republican shoes for a moment. You cannot understand them if you don't stop to smell the roses and listen to the... call to arms for Republicans to defend themselves from Democrat's Domestic Terrorism, AKA #BLM. You see those videos of people confronted on the streets and at restaurants? Yeah. Fuel for the narrative.

This moment in American history is extra spicy. Throw in 30+ million people to be evicted. Throw in a contested election....
Lot of angry people with a sense of loss, of urgency, of being wronged... looking for organization to take action.

At this point I just hope we can still share words in a few months.

alien42

Lifer
Nov 28, 2004
Protests do not include blatant theft and destruction of property, that's called rioting. There is no order(ly) rioting. That being said, I dont believe the majority of rioters care much for the cause or a solution.

Unfortunately, you are wrong, peaceful protests don't really fully exist because a very small minority will always take advantage of the situation and "riot". I think you are too focused on that inevitable minority instead of the peaceful majority. You refer to the majority of the minority which is futile. Please realize that the peaceful majority is always against the minority of instigators of illegality and violence.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
SCOTUS battle prompts threats, calls for arson: 'Burn Congress down'
'If they even TRY to replace RBG we burn the entire f-----g thing down.'

Peaceful protestors exercising their right to free speech?

The instigating event for a revolutionary war is an interesting example to cite.
As said by:
A Canadian political science professor called for arson, prompting accusations he made a terroristic threat. "Burn Congress down before letting Trump try to appoint anyone to SCOTUS,"

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
2016:
2020:
First, interesting lack of right wing media consumption @Greenman

Second, come on @Jhhnn . You are painting it with your context and wondering "how could it be!?". Try walking in Republican shoes for a moment. You cannot understand them if you don't stop to smell the roses and listen to the... call to arms for Republicans to defend themselves from Democrat's Domestic Terrorism, AKA #BLM. You see those videos of people confronted on the streets and at restaurants? Yeah. Fuel for the narrative.

This moment in American history is extra spicy. Throw in 30+ million people to be evicted. Throw in a contested election....
Lot of angry people with a sense of loss, of urgency, of being wronged... looking for organization to take action.

At this point I just hope we can still share words in a few months.

Ugh. There have been hundreds if not thousands of "BLM protests" all over the country & few have been violent. Few Americans oppose the concept of racial justice.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
SCOTUS battle prompts threats, calls for arson: 'Burn Congress down'
'If they even TRY to replace RBG we burn the entire f-----g thing down.'

Peaceful protestors exercising their right to free speech?

The instigating event for a revolutionary war is an interesting example to cite.
Fox article so called quotes yet does not show tweet where he said "we burn the fucking thing down"

I did find that tweet from one author. Does that mean there will be mass arson.

Why is the standard for him different then Trump advocating violence?

Also why is this in a BLM thread when he does not represent BLM? More conflating??

Last edited:

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
In all fairness this is more of a humanity as a whole concept not just one that is strictly born in the USA.

I'm not sure what fairness has to do with it😉 But, yes, humans are violent. In a country that celebrates violence, loves killing machines, it's not a surprise that we will resort to violence when enduring violence, especially when it's government oppression using violence.

Last edited:

bbhaag

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2011
I'm not sure what fairness has to do with it😉 But, yes, humans are violent. In a country that celebrates violence, loves killing machines, it's not a surprise that we will resort to violence when enduring violence, especially when it's government oppression using violence.
Perhaps, but as I previously mentioned this is a human condition not necessarily one that is solely an American one.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Perhaps, but as I previously mentioned this is a human condition not necessarily one that is solely an American one.

True enough. Go back far enough and virtually every nation, and before that, city-state, was founded through violent displacement of indigenes. With some slavery and torture thrown in for good measure.

ondma

Platinum Member
Mar 18, 2018

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
Anyone else wonder if this thread was bot-initiated to create hate and division? We know the roosky's are hell bent on screwing with this election and screwing with our minds. And, to create hate and anger to divide Americans. Thus thread sure fits that commie objective.
Would you be shocked that the roosky's have invaded Anandtech? You shouldn't be.