So, remember how Black Lives Matter was a non-violent, non-looty organization?

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
It’s priced in based on the assumption of a lawful society, with vandals and thieves held accountable when they break the law as a deterrent. Rates are not uniform across the country. If car thievery and vandalism were to spike in an area, rates would inevitably increase proportional to the increase in claims.
this is just bullshit broken window theory. people aren't suddenly start doing a crime because the rate of clearance on car theft goes from 16% to 15%. the fact of the matter is that only a small percentage of car thieves are caught, and that's almost never because some dude trained in violence used that training. so you don't need a cop to figure it out.

end the drug war, end highway patrol being generalized police, make the dudes trained in violence be much better trained at it, move damn near all of the non-violent functions of policing out of the hands of the cops.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
It’s priced in based on the assumption of a lawful society, with vandals and thieves held accountable when they break the law as a deterrent. Rates are not uniform across the country. If car thievery and vandalism were to spike in an area, rates would inevitably increase proportional to the increase in claims.
Your obfuscation of the truth is saddening! Especially after being outed numerous times in the past for misrepresenting a lie as the truth....

Scarpozzi

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
this is just bullshit broken window theory. people aren't suddenly start doing a crime because the rate of clearance on car theft goes from 16% to 15%. the fact of the matter is that only a small percentage of car thieves are caught, and that's almost never because some dude trained in violence used that training. so you don't need a cop to figure it out.

end the drug war, end highway patrol being generalized police, make the dudes trained in violence be much better trained at it, move damn near all of the non-violent functions of policing out of the hands of the cops.
Body cameras were supposed to solve a lot of the police conduct questions when they became a standard for many places. They still don't solve the problems in the Floyd case or the guy that was shot in the Wendy's drive thru incident. Police are going to always have biases and make assumptions...no matter what their race is or motivations. They'll be subjected to enough situations that they'll base future interactions on the past and ultimately choose wrongly when deciding when and how to use violence to subdue or detain people who are resisting arrest.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Body cameras were supposed to solve a lot of the police conduct questions when they became a standard for many places. They still don't solve the problems in the Floyd case or the guy that was shot in the Wendy's drive thru incident. Police are going to always have biases and make assumptions...no matter what their race is or motivations. They'll be subjected to enough situations that they'll base future interactions on the past and ultimately choose wrongly when deciding when and how to use violence to subdue or detain people who are resisting arrest.
There a many problems with body cameras......
1 -- not all Police who have them use them!
2 -- The Police have no obligation to release the camera footage
3 -- often if the footage implicate a cop the Police hold onmto to that footage indefinitely
4 -- Many Police only turn the cameras on when they feel like it
5 -- Police have been known to edit their bosy cam footage - which is why when a cop says I am recording you also need to be using your cell phone to record the Police!
6 -- even if their bodycams show Police misconduct the Police investigate themselves and they clear themselves of misconduct!

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
Your obfuscation of the truth is saddening! Especially after being outed numerous times in the past for misrepresenting a lie as the truth....
Someone attempted to “out” me once and it was disingenuous drivel. I have no reason to lie, I simply state my opinion. I apologize for not telling you what you want to hear. As always I appreciate your concern.

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005

People are going to start brazenly committing crime if they believe there are no repercussions. I agree with all of the reforms you suggested, and have said as much in other threads on the subject, but there can must be zero tolerance for theft, rioting and vandalism. I doubt you will find many communities willing to tolerate graffiti, theft and broken windows.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Nope I've seen a number of studies showing body cams really havent had the desired effect of reducing police brutality. They either turn them off, destroy the videos, or find some insane bullshit to justify their actions.
Remember the cop who murdered that poor bastard in the motel hallway?
Totally justified.

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
Nope I've seen a number of studies showing body cams really havent had the desired effect of reducing police brutality. They either turn them off, destroy the videos, or find some insane bullshit to justify their actions.
Remember the cop who murdered that poor bastard in the motel hallway?
Totally justified.
Yep. Body cams are too susceptible to tampering. I don’t know why no one has looked into incorporating drones into police oversight.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Who are you going to call when your car gets stolen? Or a loved one is raped? Or your friend is assaulted? My guess would be those "Domestic Terrorists".
It's funny how some people are so incredibly tone deaf that they can't or won't realize that BLM and the whole "defund the police" movements are because a huge percentage of Americans believe - correctly - that if they call the cops for any of those reasons, that the police are more likely to kill or arrest them than they are the criminal.

Last edited:
Reactions: shortylickens

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
People are going to start brazenly committing crime if they believe there are no repercussions. I agree with all of the reforms you suggested, and have said as much in other threads on the subject, but there can must be zero tolerance for theft, rioting and vandalism. I doubt you will find many communities willing to tolerate graffiti, theft and broken windows.
nobody has said no repercussions.

nutxo

Diamond Member
May 20, 2001
I live and work in the Seattle area. I have to go to the shithole a few times a week. 90% of the people I talk to are tired of it. A huge percentage of those seem resentful.

The woke little shits that eat my food and live in my house ( my kids) have already moved on to sex trafficking.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
warning: attempted execution

per article, this dude was here to break up a fight. something cops can't do without trying to put someone 6 feet under, apparently. but please tell me about how we need these guys all over the place or society goes to shit. looks like it's already there.

Nov 8, 2012
warning: attempted execution

per article, this dude was here to break up a fight. something cops can't do without trying to put someone 6 feet under, apparently. but please tell me about how we need these guys all over the place or society goes to shit. looks like it's already there.

You realize it's not even worth arguing a point when the person is clearly disobeying clear commands from law enforcement, right?

You can preach all you want - the end result is the same... If you disobey law enforcement orders, you're gonna have a bad time.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
You realize it's not even worth arguing a point when the person is clearly disobeying clear commands from law enforcement, right?

You can preach all you want - the end result is the same... If you disobey law enforcement orders, you're gonna have a bad time.
oh no someone didn't respect mah authoritah! i need to kill him!

• Haha
Reactions: shortylickens

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000

I’m not aware of any training or law that says a cop can shoot anyone in the back multiple times at point blank range when absolutely no one, including the cop, is in immediate danger.

Are you aware of such a law or if such training? No? Then kindly shut the fuck up you piece of shit deplorable!

Thunder 57

Platinum Member
Aug 19, 2007
It's funny how some people are so incredibly tone deaf that they can't or won't realize that BLM and the whole "defund the police" movements are because a huge percentage of Americans believe - correctly - that if they call the cops for any of those reasons, that the police are more likely to kill or arrest them than they are the criminal.

That's complete bullshit. Otherwise nobody would ever call the police.

On a point advocated by many of the protesters, only a quarter of those surveyed (25%) said that funding for the police should be decreased. Seventy-three percent said they thought funding for the police should either stay about the same (42%), be increased a little (20%) or a lot (11%).

I hope you libs get what you want, no police. And since you are so strongly anti-gun, well, good luck.

• Haha
Reactions: ch33zw1z

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
oh no someone didn't respect mah authoritah! i need to kill him!
Anyone with a weapon pointed at you is in charge. Right or wrong, that's the way it is. Put your hands up, live to fight another day.
That said, the video sure looks like an attempted execution to me.

Reactions: Thunder 57

brandonbull

Diamond Member
May 3, 2005
For the last time, and for better or worse, BLM is a decentralized network of orgs/people advocating for Black lives. There is no national leader or organization at the top who can speak for all of BLM. Unfortunately (even for BLM) this means that when a local organizer says or does something stupid, no one can counter that messaging or issue a mea culpa PR or fire the offending organizer. All they can do is deny them further resources from the broader BLM Network.

You could not be any less accurate about BLM. It is a centralized political organization only concerned with obtaining political influence and power, and local chapters do not operate as autonomous entities.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
You could not be any less accurate about BLM. It is a centralized political organization only concerned with obtaining political influence and power, and local chapters do not operate as autonomous entities.
prove it??

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000

I hope you libs get what you want, no police. And since you are so strongly anti-gun, well, good luck.

Man you really do suck at reading. He didn’t say a majority, he didn’t say most, he didn’t say on average, he said, “a huge percentage”, 25% is a pretty good chunk of people, especially considering black people only make up 13% of the population.

You also, dishonestly framed what people are asking for, no one has asked for no police, they have asked for police reform, including a reduction in police in matters they are not capable of handling.

Is there a reason you are being so dishonest?

Last edited:
Reactions: Vic and Meghan54

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005

You must have gone to the same school as starbuck and BlackAngst and Brandonbull and s0me0nesmind1.......
Thunder sprrasding Republican False narrative!

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009

Prove it. Put up or shut the fuck up, fucking liar.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Anyone with a weapon pointed at you is in charge. Right or wrong, that's the way it is. Put your hands up, live to fight another day.
That said, the video sure looks like an attempted execution to me.

What used to be protect and serve is now comply or die. GG America, you've become what you fought to be free of.

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009

Or, you’re another stupid, ignorant, can’t do one second of research (not that we’d expect you to actually do that), lying sack of cow feces who has decided the bullshit fake BLM Foundation you found is fact and not a grifter who has been shut down by several states for defrauding people.

So please show me the central BLM organization’s home state, address, leadership. I’m sure you can do just that. LOL!