So my old Logitech keyboard died...

Zorander

Golden Member
Nov 3, 2010
and you guessed it: I need a new one. This keyboard was part of the wireless Keyboard+Mouse bundle I bought back in 2004. The mouse, which is still working fine, is a MX700. However, I should just replace them both since they are well over 8 years old now.

I have the following criteria, which I hope is not asking too much:
1) Standard keyboard layout (don't care about 'extra'/multimedia buttons)
2) Wheel-scroll and forward/back buttons on the mouse
3) Good responsiveness for 1-2 hours daily gaming sessions
4) Wireless (minimum clutter on the desk and behind the PC)
5) Comfort

Admittedly I'm so used to the Logitechs I'm automatically considering either the MK710 or MK5500 bundle. Happy for you to confirm if they are good choice or if I should look elsewhere.

Thanks in advance.

Nov 26, 2005
Red Cherry MX switches are the best. They can be found on the Corsair K60 & K90 keyboards. This is my second day with the K60 vs my old SteelSeries 6Gv2 & 7G with Black mechanical switches.

Jakeisbest

Feb 1, 2008
Do you prefer scissor switches (keys similar to a laptop) or domes like what you find on most keyboards?

How much do you want to spend?

Zorander

Golden Member
Nov 3, 2010
I've never been happy with the laptop keyboards so I definitely prefer the traditional dome-type (preferably with sensitive buttons that do not require 'deep' pushing). I'm happy to pay up to $100 for a wireless KB+Mouse bundle provided they last long and provide good comfort.