So my dsl modem will arrive tomorrow

jinduy

Diamond Member
Jan 24, 2002
anyone ever try plugging their modem in before the activation date and got it going?

IGBT

Lifer
Jul 16, 2001
..which one did ya get?? I wana get dsl too. but what's a good modem??

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
Originally posted by: spherrod
My ADSL service was up and running a couple of days before the planned activation date

mine too (Verizon). but it was still a couple days after I got the modem before it was turned on.

imported_Lucifer

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 2004
My cousin was supposed to wait a week before the activation started on the day he got it. The next day, it was already activated.

tami

Lifer
Nov 14, 2004
they probably try to cover their butts by giving you a later activation date than what's planned.

but if you weren't to be the one who installs your own DSL modem, and they sent a technician to your place, i'm betting that the guy would call your ISP immediately and get it up and running (or else his job wouldn't be done). so if you really want your DSL and it's not activated yet, call them and ask if they can expedite the activation process.

So

Lifer
Jul 2, 2001
Originally posted by: tami
they probably try to cover their butts by giving you a later activation date than what's planned.

but if you weren't to be the one who installs your own DSL modem, and they sent a technician to your place, i'm betting that the guy would call your ISP immediately and get it up and running (or else his job wouldn't be done). so if you really want your DSL and it's not activated yet, call them and ask if they can expedite the activation process.

Offers of sexual favors may or may not help.

johnjbruin

Diamond Member
Jul 17, 2001
Just plug it in. It'll probably start working like 2-3 days before your planned activation date.

techfuzz

Diamond Member
Feb 11, 2001
Lucky bastard! BellSouth are a bunch of a-holes here. When they say the activation day of next week, you're lucky if it's that day and not 3 days after that instead!

techfuzz

raildogg

Lifer
Aug 24, 2004
when my dsl modem came it was active. just plugged it into the phone jack and off i went

but now i have faster cable :D

but i do miss the dsl, having to sign on each time etc ... the phone wire and stuffs