So my body takes forever to heal

TheSiege

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2004
im still bleeding from a incesion from a sugery from a month ago. my blood clots fine, my body just takes forever to heal.....

anyone have any herbal cures or home remedies or any advice that can help?

Azraele

Elite Member
Nov 5, 2000
A month ago? What's your doctor say about it?

How's your diet? A healthy diet might help your body heal more efficiently.

DAGTA

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Diet, vitamins (natural tend to be absorbed better than many synthetics), exercise, sleep.... all of these need to be looked into and possibly improved.

aidanjm

Lifer
Aug 9, 2004
that is a bit disturbing. have you discussed this with your doctor? I know that slow wound healing can be a sign of certain problems. If you get the all clear from the doctor, maybe take some multiminerals and zinc picolinate.

WildHorse

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2003

Once upon a time when I was a high level athlete, cuts healed unbelievably fast.

Now I'm out of that and one of the things I notice is that cuts take longer to heal. This convinces me plenty of vigorous physical exercise has a lot to do with it, so consider building regularly scheduled exercise into your lifestyle.

Don't know if it's due to mitochondrial count in cells escalated by exercies, or better metabolism of foods, or whatever, but the difference it makes is real.

TheSiege

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2004
i pretty much had the same operation when i was 4, 20 years ago, and my mom had to take me back into the doctor to do something special. i dont recall what. to make it heal cause i had such a problem healing. i doubt i had diabetes then, cause they would have tested me. so i dunno. it sucks tho

Philippine Mango

Diamond Member
Oct 29, 2004
Originally posted by: scott

Once upon a time when I was a high level athlete, cuts healed unbelievably fast.

Now I'm out of that and one of the things I notice is that cuts take longer to heal. This convinces me plenty of vigorous physical exercise has a lot to do with it, so consider building regularly scheduled exercise into your lifestyle.

Don't know if it's due to mitochondrial count in cells escalated by exercies, or better metabolism of foods, or whatever, but the difference it makes is real.

High metabolism...

OP I think your problem is the fact you have a very LOW metabolism.. I just read an article in the paper that in order to live longer you need to eat very little (lowering your metabolism) and exercise (which kinda contradicts it) though eating less will keep it the same/lower I guess...

jagec

Lifer
Apr 30, 2004
Try exposing yourself to radioactive waste, hopefully you will mutate and gain a healing factor.