So mad! So sad! Such awful awful news =(

Spooner

Lifer
Jan 16, 2000
I have lost my damn Canon Powershot S330.

I still have half to pay on it, and I freakin LOST it at a party last weekend :(

I called Dell Financial (i bought it off dell) to ask if i had any recourse, and they said there was nothing they could do :(

sigh

Spooner

Lifer
Jan 16, 2000
Originally posted by: gopunk
omg, that sucks! hope you find it (slim chance, i know)
sigh........ it was at my BROTHER'S apartment halloween party, so i know no scumbag stole it or anything

i guess that's the price you pay for being a drunken retard :( my guess is i dropped it in a cab on the way back

god i suck

notfred

Lifer
Feb 12, 2001
Originally posted by: Spooner
I called Dell Financial (i bought it off dell) to ask if i had any recourse, and they said there was nothing they could do

What'd expect them to do, go out to the place where the party was and ask if they could look for it?

gopunk

Lifer
Jul 7, 2001
Originally posted by: gopunk
omg, that sucks! hope you find it (slim chance, i know)
sigh........ it was at my BROTHER'S apartment halloween party, so i know no scumbag stole it or anything

i guess that's the price you pay for being a drunken retard :( my guess is i dropped it in a cab on the way back

god i suck

call the cab company?

Booster

Diamond Member
May 4, 2002
This sucks bigtime! I feel sorry for you. I also used to lose some quite expensive things in the past, I do feel your pain!

bmacd

Lifer
Jan 15, 2001
Originally posted by: Jfur
Do you or your parents have homeowners/renters insurance?

my friend's monte carlo was stolen from his driveway and his homeowners insurance covered EVERYTHING, including all the mods (he had extensive pics).

-=bmacd=-

Spooner

Lifer
Jan 16, 2000
Originally posted by: bmacd

my friend's monte carlo was stolen from his driveway and his homeowners insurance covered EVERYTHING, including all the mods (he had extensive pics).

-=bmacd=-
you're not making me feel any better! :|

etalns

Diamond Member
Dec 20, 2001

-=bmacd=-
you're not making me feel any better! :|

Not sure that's really the aim.

Spooner

Lifer
Jan 16, 2000
does anyone know if Dell has any protection?

I've heard from some friends that some credit card companies offer replacement within 90 days for lost/stolen merchandise. Don't know if this applies :eek:

Grasshopper27

Banned
Sep 11, 2002
Some Gold credit cards do, but I doubt Dell does.

Call the Cab company, they do have a lost and found. How much was the camera worth?

Grasshopper

PsychoAndy

Lifer
Dec 31, 2000
does anyone know if Dell has any protection?

I've heard from some friends that some credit card companies offer replacement within 90 days for lost/stolen merchandise. Don't know if this applies :eek:

Dell does not offer any sort of insurance.

"Dude you're getting a dell!" dosent mean "Dude you're getting a claim check!"

Amex does cover these types of losses, however this loss would not apply as its not under "theft" but more of....."stupidity".

-PAB

Cyberian

Diamond Member
Jun 17, 2000

-=bmacd=-
Wow!

I have never heard of homeowners insurance covering car theft.
Any idea what insurance company your friend had at the time?

PsychoAndy

Lifer
Dec 31, 2000
Originally posted by: Cyberian

-=bmacd=-
Wow!

I think the state it's in has to do with it as well. Regulations regarding insurance differs a lot.

-PAB

Grasshopper27

Banned
Sep 11, 2002

-=bmacd=-
Wow!

You misunderstand. His homeowners insurance covered the extras, the car insurance paid for the car itself.

I had a car stolen about 5 years ago, my car insurance paid off the car, I also got about $1,300 for stuff that was in the car from my renter's insurance (CDs, some tools in the trunk, etc.)

Grasshopper

Jfur

Diamond Member
Jul 9, 2001
Originally posted by: grasshopper26

-=bmacd=-
Wow!

You misunderstand. His homeowners insurance covered the extras, the car insurance paid for the car itself.

I had a car stolen about 5 years ago, my car insurance paid off the car, I also got about $1,300 for stuff that was in the car from my renter's insurance (CDs, some tools in the trunk, etc.)

Grasshopper

when I was in college, my Mom's homeowner's insurance covered my bike theft even though I hadn't lived with her in years and was otherwise financially independet.

Balthazar

Golden Member
Apr 16, 2000
Originally posted by: notfred
I called Dell Financial (i bought it off dell) to ask if i had any recourse, and they said there was nothing they could do

What'd expect them to do, go out to the place where the party was and ask if they could look for it?

Everyone likes a little @ss butnobody likes a smart one.

Cyberian

Diamond Member
Jun 17, 2000
Originally posted by: grasshopper26

-=bmacd=-
Wow!

Grasshopper
I may be mistaken about insurance coverage, but it's pretty tough to misunderstand:

"my friend's monte carlo was stolen from his driveway and his homeowners insurance covered EVERYTHING, including all the mods (he had extensive pics)."

CraigRT

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000
Dude, that sucks SO much. :(

I have had things happen like that before (not quite as $ but still) and it ain't fun

sorry to hear that.. good luck on the turnout of your case..... :eek: