So kettle corn is just regular popcorn with some sugar

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
Wiki

"Kettle corn is a sweet-and-salty variety of popcorn that adds granulated sugar, salt, and oil."

Regular popcorn has salt and oil.

So the only diff is added sugar?

everman

Lifer
Nov 5, 2002
Pretty sure there's some cocaine in there too, it's pretty addictive stuff.
helluva drug...er popcorn

cKGunslinger

Lifer
Nov 29, 1999
They must also add some Castor Oil and diseased raccoon diarrhea - you know, to give it that signature "tastes like utter shit and makes you want to vomit " quality. ;)

Mday

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999
pretty much. the pop the kernels in hot oil with suger and oil. of course real kettle corn is actually popped in a kettle...

Dimmu

Jun 24, 2005
Originally posted by: RossMAN
I've found the best kettle corn is freshly popped at local fairs.

Can you perhaps get me a deal on some at my local fair?

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
Originally posted by: Dimmu

Can you perhaps get me a deal on some at my local fair?

Sure, where do you want me to fedex the coupons and rebate forms to? ;)

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003
Originally posted by: cKGunslinger
They must also add some Castor Oil and diseased raccoon diarrhea - you know, to give it that signature "tastes like utter shit and makes you want to vomit " quality. ;)

Wait - are you implying that some people do not like the taste of kettle corn while clearly some people do? What a novel and fascinating concept. :Q ;)

destrekor

Lifer
Nov 18, 2005
mm, used to work at a stadium where I helped run a stand where we popped kettle corn.
best damn popcorn in existence. I don't really even like regular popcorn, but kettle corn, I might have to kill if someone took a bag out of my hands. :D

LookingGlass

Platinum Member
Jul 8, 2005

I agree with that one. I go to the local Renn faire here, and get a big bag every time, good stuff. Interesting to watch them make it in the HUGE kettle they use.

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
Originally posted by: everman
Pretty sure there's some cocaine in there too, it's pretty addictive stuff.
helluva drug...er popcorn

i think its disgusting

S

SlitheryDee

Not sweet enough to be good like caramel popcorn and too sweet to taste good with salt and butter. Kettle corn hits the nastiness bullseye between the levels of sweetness that I like.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999

My local Sam's Club has somebody come in every Saturday with a giant kettle and makes it right outside the door. That's the best stuff I've had.

Eeezee

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2005
I personally can't stand the stuff. Old fashioned buttery popcorn for me, thanks

Rastus

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
I always thought kettle corn was what we used to call popcorn. Before air poppers and microwave ovens came out. That was the only way to make it. I didn't know about the sugar though.

Dunbar

Platinum Member
Feb 19, 2001
I love it too, I buy the microwave stuff, but be warned they use an artificial sweetener in the microwaveable kind (because sugar would burn). The arficial sweetener used can clear your colon out. The first time I ate a bag I woke up at 3am and ran to the toilet. But my body seems to have adjusted :)

nweaver

Diamond Member
Jan 21, 2001
Not a huge K corn fan, but a good stir popper, with olive oil, some real butter, and Johnny Salt....mmmmm

nweaver

Diamond Member
Jan 21, 2001
Not a huge K corn fan, but a good stir popper, with olive oil, some real butter, and Johnny Salt....mmmmm

Excelsior

Lifer
May 30, 2002

Yep. Had some in Canmore, AB, Canada the other day...at a small folk music festival. It was good stuff.

Sqube

Diamond Member
Dec 23, 2004
Originally posted by: mugs

Wait - are you implying that some people do not like the taste of kettle corn while clearly some people do? What a novel and fascinating concept. :Q ;)

LIES!!!!

Skel

Diamond Member
Apr 11, 2001

I don't know why, but that had me laughing for a while... I guess I have issues...