So is DailyTech finally dead?

Art&Science

Nov 28, 2014
No new stories since November 30...

Can't say I would miss it, it's been complete click-bate for about the last 6-7 years.

Crusty

Lifer
Sep 30, 2001
I gave up on that place so long ago. Jason Mick wrote some of the most worthless articles I've ever read.

Shlong

Diamond Member
Mar 14, 2002
"click bait"

I think it might be dead. I used to click various dailytech links from the anandtech homepage almost daily but since it was removed, I check dailytech maybe once every month.

preslove

Lifer
Sep 10, 2003
Stopped reading because the idiotic editors were anti climate science. Why would I trust tech news from a scientifically illiterate publication.

BurnItDwn

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Ehh, I lost interest when they stopped posting the / daily links to all the reviews ...

New hardware comes out so rarely now, and when it does, there are so very few trustworthy review sites ... even though AT got bought out, its still my top pick for HW reviews ..

BurnItDwn

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Ehh, I lost interest when they stopped posting the / daily links to all the reviews ...

New hardware comes out so rarely now, and when it does, there are so very few trustworthy review sites ... even though AT got bought out, its still my top pick for HW reviews ..

madoka

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2004
I gave up on that place so long ago. Jason Mick wrote some of the most worthless articles I've ever read.

Jason Mick singlehandedly made me avoid that site. I never understood why they kept him on.

Hugo Drax

Diamond Member
Nov 20, 2011
I heard Purch might be bought by Conde Nast. and Ars/anand will merge.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
Jason Mick singlehandedly made me avoid that site. I never understood why they kept him on.

He was the last man standing/writing. It ended up being his persona blog. It seemed he was paying himself by the letter too... and more likely by the pictures included with the articles. Never have I seen more unnecessary and dimwitted pictures.

The articles were atrocious. The comments just as bad (shocker)

futurefields

Diamond Member
Jun 2, 2012
who cares? is this what you do, sit around waiting for things you don't agree with to go away and then post about it?

FeuerFrei

Diamond Member
Mar 30, 2005
I used to view the site daily. They were right about the climate hoax. Never had a problem with the writing. Though the puerile illustrations and quotes grated on me a tad. Eventually I stopped visiting tech news sites religiously and only clicked through to dailytech from Anandtech. Then, when the Dailytech feed was stricken from AT's sidebar, I forgot about the site.

Kaido

Elite Member & Kitchen Overlord
Feb 14, 2004
No Twitter activity since November 30th either:

https://twitter.com/dailytech

Funny how things change. Engadget has always been my go-to nerd news source, and they just updated it to a completely useless format for readability. The main page used to have a paragraph of information; now it has a line or two in jumbo format like I'm using a tablet or something. Bleh! And io9 merged with Gizmodo:

http://io9.gizmodo.com/brace-yourse...48114032#_ga=1.154602298.302802334.1450203278

Gizmodo used to be trash, but they've really come a long way since the whole Apple debacle a few years ago. They have a lot of cool sections now on aviation, photography, etc. too.

Shawn

Lifer
Apr 20, 2003
Just came here to see if the site was dead. Guess it is. Used to visit it along with Engadget. I also hate the new Engadget format. Will have to give Gizmodo a try again. Used to visit there years ago but the site started to suck so I stopped visiting.

CZroe

Lifer
Jun 24, 2001
Stopped reading because the idiotic editors were anti climate science. Why would I trust tech news from a scientifically illiterate publication.
Uhh, some were and some weren't. I always though it was funny to see an AGW article right next to an anti-AGW article on the same site. Last I checked, avoiding dissenting opinions was not how science works. Enjoy living in your bubble. Confirm those biases!

Also, why would you ask a question about someone's literacy without using a question mark?

Ruptga

Lifer
Aug 3, 2006
Uhh, some were and some weren't. I always though it was funny to see an AGW article right next to an anti-AGW article on the same site. Last I checked, avoiding dissenting opinions was not how science works. Enjoy living in your bubble. Confirm those biases!

Also, why would you ask a question about someone's literacy without using a question mark?

Looking for a middle ground between information and disinformation is the definition of a fallacy. Troll moar.

Himeko

May 21, 2012
I don't get your problem with Mike, his grammar sucked at times but so what, not like you were forced to read or you paid anything to access the website. Tbh it was entertaining and the articles were not the crap you all make them out to be, and it was the main reason I visited Anandtech few times a day. I'm sure AT has lost a lot of advertising revenue with the move.

preslove

Lifer
Sep 10, 2003

Scientifically literate people understand that greenhouse gases causing global warming is basic science, and that the "other side" is just misinformation. Idiot.

I'll enjoy my time in the bubble of scientific consensus.

Last edited:

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
I don't get your problem with Mike, his grammar sucked at times but so what, not like you were forced to read or you paid anything to access the website. Tbh it was entertaining and the articles were not the crap you all make them out to be, and it was the main reason I visited Anandtech few times a day. I'm sure AT has lost a lot of advertising revenue with the move.

Weird.
Necro from a zombie........