So I'm watching this show on MTV, Real Life.........

Ryan

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000
"I'm a Twin" and one twin is getting upset because his parents can only afford to pay for one twin to go to college, and he has to go to "city" college
rolleye.gif

I don't know, it just kinda aggravates me that these kids complain about their parents not paying for college when there are tonnes of scholarships out there if you just put in the effort.

Alright, that's my weak rant of the day, back to spring cleaning..................

bubbadu

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2001
The kid goes the the 40K per year college and hates it, goes back home in like a month to go to city college with the other twin. I stoped watching after that though. :p

Kanalua

Diamond Member
Jun 14, 2001
I haven't paid for college yet....I go to a private university and all....there are scholarships/grants out these for EVERYONE...

Joker81

Golden Member
Aug 9, 2000
Most Middle Class White men have less of a chance of getting scholarships compared to all other people.

Ryan

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000
Originally posted by: Joker81
Most Middle Class White men have less of a chance of getting scholarships compared to all other people.

Well, you're talking to one right now, and I graduated high school with with a 3.4 GPA and a freakin' low ass 990 on the SAT. Trust me, anything is possible.

Sid59

Lifer
Sep 2, 2002
Originally posted by: novon
Those persian twins are funny, they are having sync problems.

but they are funny .. they shoulda done a heated rivarly of twins con .. where they are always yelling at each other. much better.

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
Originally posted by: rbloedow

Well, you're talking to one right now, and I graduated high school with with a 3.4 GPA and a freakin' low ass 990 on the SAT. Trust me, anything is possible.

damit i went to the wrong place 3.8 and a 1250 and all i get a 2000$ stafford load, and EVERYONE gets that :|:|:|:|:|

Ryan

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000
Originally posted by: Anubis

damit i went to the wrong place 3.8 and a 1250 and all i get a 2000$ stafford load, and EVERYONE gets that :|:|:|:|:|

Well, it's not full paid. It's 75% paid to any public insitution in the state of FL :p

cressida

Platinum Member
Sep 10, 2000

Almost similar to me, all I got was loans but unsubsidized until my other sibling started college.

Apr 17, 2003
"I'm a Twin" and one twin is getting upset because his parents can only afford to pay for one twin to go to college, and he has to go to "city" college
rolleye.gif

I don't know, it just kinda aggravates me that these kids complain about their parents not paying for college when there are tonnes of scholarships out there if you just put in the effort.

Alright, that's my weak rant of the day, back to spring cleaning..................

maybe they dont have great grades?

SSibalNom

Golden Member
Aug 13, 2003

count middle easterners in that group as well, being half n half, they dont give u nothin for scholarships........ but who needs scholarships? anyone can go on loans, the stafford loan doesn't discriminate, I'll get my pvt law univ tuition paid for, and then enough to live off the whole year, and since the interest rate is 2.85%, lower than inflation, the ability to pay back the loan in the future isnt a problem