So i'm running into my first Mac Mini (as my main computer) problem

aphex

Moderator<br>All Things Apple
Jul 19, 2001
Finding a multifunction laser printer that natively supports OSX is becoming difficult....

The samsung im currently uses a driver off the australian site since the US ones are non-existant, but im having trouble locating a replacement printer at a decent price...

I was bound to have my first compatability problem at one point, just didn't think it would be with printers.

dug777

Lifer
Oct 13, 2004
Originally posted by: aphex
Finding a multifunction laser printer that natively supports OSX is becoming difficult....

The samsung im currently uses a driver off the australian site since the US ones are non-existant, but im having trouble locating a replacement printer at a decent price...

I was bound to have my first compatability problem at one point, just didn't think it would be with printers.

:cool:

aphex

Moderator<br>All Things Apple
Jul 19, 2001
Originally posted by: kami333
Have you looked at Sharp?

Yep, no OSX compatability as far as i can see....

The sharp and the canon lower end models look nice, but no OSX drivers...

Willoughbyva

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2001
Does Apple have a HCL that you can look at? How about opensource drivers? I know that linux has some drivers for stuff, but I don't know if they would be ported to OSX.

hopejr

Nov 8, 2004
HP and brother have multifunctions that work very nicely with macs, just not sure which ones.

chcarnage

Golden Member
May 11, 2005
My parents have recently have bought us a HP Color LaserJet 2840. Comes with a $1000 pricetag though, not exactly a "decent" price. The printer has Rendevous aka Bonjour support: plug and print :heart: Oh... I got carried away a bit.

You can get a list the printers OS X supports out of the box if you do the following:
1. Launch "Print Center" in Applications>Utilities
2. Select "Add Printer..." on the Menu "Printer" in the menu bar
3. Chose "TCP/IP Printer" on the pop down menu
4. Now chose either Apple, Brother, ESP, ... from the Printer Model pop down menu. A list of drivers for the company gets displayed. Oh don't bother the Apple drivers, they don't produce printers for ages. I'm not sure if the drivers cover Fax/Scan support, though.

Or you could browse Froogle (beta ;)). Perhaps the HP LaserJet 3380 is something for you?