So if I want to record my bedroom activities...........

Fuzzmuncher

Platinum Member
Oct 15, 2000
Trying to decide between THIS and a sony TRV18. Not sure what I should go for, anyone have any experience/advice??? :(

edit: changed title to get a response ;)

bmacd

Lifer
Jan 15, 2001
and you want to record this because.....

/me hopes this is for the purpose of room security

-=bmacd=-

KGB1

Platinum Member
Dec 29, 2001
I got a JVC DVL-500 Mini DV back in '99. Its awsome I use for everything. I have a stand for it and everything :)

Its my webcam, regular cam, picture cam. So versatile, I paid $650 when it came out new and its still high in price. JVC makes awsome cams. Has Firewire, SVHS, serial port. Sony is good too, uses the Media disk. But I like recording MY bedroon activities too when I have "friends" over. :p :cool:

Eli

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: KGB
I got a JVC DVL-500 Mini DV back in '99. Its awsome I use for everything. I have a stand for it and everything :)

Its my webcam, regular cam, picture cam. So versatile, I paid $650 when it came out new and its still high in price. JVC makes awsome cams. Has Firewire, SVHS, serial port. Sony is good too, uses the Media disk. But I like recording MY bedroon activities too when I have "friends" over. :p :cool:

Hmmm.... I may have to get in on this. ;)

Grasshopper27

Banned
Sep 11, 2002
We have a cheap Sony Hi8 camcorder Thumper bought at Wal-Mart, cost her about $300 if I recall.

You just have to be sure to leave enough light in the room to record a quality picture.

There are few things as comical as sitting down with your SO and watching a video of the two of you having sex. It looks so ridiculous I have to admit we laughed out loud the first time we watched a tape of us together. :)

As for the camcorder itself, we use a cheap tripod bought from a camera store for $20, and for lights we just turn on all the lights in the room. The production values are lacking, but we have a great cast! ;)

Grasshopper

Fuzzmuncher

Platinum Member
Oct 15, 2000
More than anything, I was trying to get some suggestions between the 2 models in my first post. I'm already pretty decided on getting a camera ;)

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Whatever you get, make sure it will zoom in closely. Makes things look bigger.

GeekDrew

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2000
I'd go with the Sony. I've never had any problems with their optical production lines.

Andrew

":Q"

LOL! That's exactly what I was thinking too. The subject title is so suggestive. . . . It's got some pun potentiality. . . .

On a serious: Sorry I can't help you really here, Fuzzymuncher.