So if Hillary DOES drop out, what will consume the news?

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
Obama and race.
Tim Russert will be asking everybody's dog about race being a factor.
Even if race isn?t a notable factor, the news media WILL make it a factor
by relentless asking every talking over and over and over, race race race.

You wont hear about healthcare, taxes, social security, jobs or the ongoing war.
In keeping with their tabloid mentality, the subject will turn to race.

Just be prepared... They wont have Hillary to kick around any longer.

Obama and race

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
the fact that Obama's a closet muslim and McCain is old.

get ready, you're going to miss the bitch when she's gone :p

mxyzptlk

Golden Member
Apr 18, 2008
Maybe we'll get lucky and some pretty young blonde chick will get kidnapped and we wont have to hear about the election at all.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Originally posted by: mxyzptlk
Maybe we'll get lucky and some pretty young blonde chick will get kidnapped and we wont have to hear about the election at all.

only if your tv is stuck on the channel that nancy grace (ugh) broadcasts from.;)

RaistlinZ

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 2001
Originally posted by: sportage
Obama and race.

You wont hear about healthcare, taxes, social security, jobs or the ongoing war.

Obama and race

Um, race is a factor. There have already been stories in the news about racial hate against Obama supporters and even some being called racial slurs as they go door to door, even some white Obama volunteers. And the fact that you feel so strongly in opposition about it makes me think that it is a factor even more. So don't try to say race isn't an issue because there are still many people out there who will do and say whatever they can to keep a black man from being president, and you and I both know that.

Besides, if it wasn't a factor you wouldn't care so much to even post about it.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: RaistlinZ
Obama and race.

Obama and race

Um, race is a factor. There have already been stories in the news about racial hate against Obama supporters and even some being called racial slurs as they go door to door, even some white Obama volunteers. And the fact that you feel so strongly in opposition about it makes me think that it is a factor even more. So don't try to say race isn't an issue because there are still many people out there who will do and say whatever they can to keep a black man from being president, and you and I both know that.

And likewise race is an issue because he's the first actual contender and "blacks" will vote for him because of it instead of actual positions.

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
I just get so sick of the media spending hours debating what are and aren't factors as opposed to covering the actual issues. Everyone and there dog can tell the Obama is black and McCain is whiter than white, why does the news need to spend so much time talking about it.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008

You miss the point.
All those tabloid talking head news programs think they make the news, not report it.

Am I the only one that was outraged Tim Russert proclaimed Hillary lost and Obama the winner? No matter who you support.
Tim Russert? Who the hell does he think he is? To make a call before voters chime in.
All they want to do is have one up on the other news program.
Fox vs msnbc vs cnn.
Regardless, news reporters have no place making conclusions before concluded.
All I am saying is beware at their attempt to "guide" the discussion.

By the end of October, if the talking heads have their way, you?ll think all that matters with the election is age and race. End of story.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
Originally posted by: RaistlinZ
Obama and race.

Obama and race

Yea blacks are pretty racist with 95% or registered democratic blacks voting for Obama while whites vote equally for Hillary and Obama.. It seems whites don't care about race anymore.